• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Get Along Little Pok?mon! (103)

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Ash was great, how he take care Magnamite and Magneton.
And i loved to see Jolteon.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Ash was great, how he take care Magnamite and Magneton.
And i loved to see Jolteon.

Well I was surprised too, since he doesn't have experience taking care of android-like Pokemon. They're hard to understand.

Why did you like Jolteon? I liked it because it was like the Pokemon version of a sheepdog, rounding up the Magnemite and such.

JohnLee

I remember watching this episode perfectly! I grew up on a farm, so this episode really spoke to me. It was interesting to see pikachu use thunder wave and really help out Ash. That one dumb magnemite was funny!

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
From my upcoming "Pokemon: The Original Series" Episode Guide":

EP103: Get Along, Little Pokemon!
American Air Date: April 29th, 2000
Important Events: none

Synopsis

On their way to Trovita Island, our heroes are trekking through the barren wasteland on Mandarin Island. Suddenly, a storm looms overhead and the heroes run for cover. They find shelter under a cliff and watch in awe as group of Magnemite absorb the lightning of the storm. A man rolls up in a wagon, pulled by two Tauros, and offers them safety in the wagon.

After the storm, the man reveals his name to be Ethan. Clothed in full cowboy gear, Ethan tells the gang that he is a Magnemite rancher, collecting electricity from the storms with his Magnemite and bringing the power from town to town. He uses his Jolteon to herd the Magnemite up like sheep, using its electricity to attract and gather them together. With too many Magnemite to name, Ethan calls them by numbers. There is one Magnemite, Number 6, which continuously strays away from the group. The Magnemite seem to love the electricity as well as other Electric-type Pokemon, including Pikachu.

A little later, Ethan receives a phone call from Officer Jenny, who informs him that their town is out of power. They must get the electricity over there to power the town as soon as possible. But, as always, Team Rocket shows up using a giant magnet to try to steal all the Magnemite. After a bit of a scuffle and Team Rocket being blasted off (don’t worry, they’ll be back), Ethan and his Jolteon are seriously injured. Due to Ethan’s injuries, Ash courageously volunteers to take his place and bring the power to the town. He rides on one of the Tauros and takes nine of the Magnemite (and, of course, Pikachu) with him.

On their way to town, all of the Magnemite begin to stray away from Ash. Pikachu uses Thunderbolt to attract and bring all the Magnemite back together again…Except for Number 6, who has wondered off. After tracking it down, Ash keeps a tight grip on Number 6 as Team Rocket shows up again, with another magnetic mechanism, as they manage to swipe all the Magnemite (except for Number 6). Pikachu, though still pretty worn out from gathering the Magnemite before, manages to put up an equal fight against Rocket trio as they fire electricity at one another. Number 6, watching Pikachu struggle, decides to save the day and enters the crossfire of electricity. With this great surge of power, Number 6 rescues his fellow Magnemite and in the process evolves into a Magneton. After the other Magnemite charge Pikachu back up, all of the Electric Pokemon attack at once and send Team Rocket blasting off for the second time in the same episode. Ash then continues on and reaches the town, restoring their power.

Misty, Tracey, and Ethan arrive at town the next day and see that the town has gotten its electricity back. They meet up with Ash as Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy thank him for saving the day. Ethan, taking a liking to that so-called “tough little hombre”, offers Ash to join up and work with him. Ash thanks him for the offer, but obviously declines, saying that he has to compete in the Orange League, and that maybe someday he will learn as much about Pokemon as Ethan does. The episode then draws to a close as Ash and friends wave goodbye to Jenny, Joy, and Ethan and walk on to the next town.

My Thoughts

This was an above-average filler episode by the show’s standards. Solid animation, solid voice-acting, and a likeable character-of-the-day all come to together to form a good episode. There were also four (Magnemite, Jolteon, Tauros, and Magneton) featured Pokemon, which is way more than we usually get. If fillers were to be more like this, there would be less Pokemon to feature per episode and therefore less episodes to fill up, making more room for the action and story progression. I’m all for filler, but sometimes the writers overdo it (we’ll really begin to see it in Johto). I also like how this episode and the next two truly lead into one another, instead of the usual Lapras is surfing along and spots a random island. The characters all reference or point out the next destination, and the writers allow the viewers to see the setting of the next episode. This is one of the few times that the show actually does this.

Also, imagine if Ash had accepted Ethan’s offer at the end of the episode? As stupid as that would be, imagine if the writers just completely blew our minds with that. Ash ditches his dream of becoming a Pokemon Master and instead becomes a Magnemite rancher. Just a random thought.

Memorable Quotes

Jessie: Prepare for trouble, we’re magnetic!
James: Make it double, you’re pathetic!

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok. I liked how they showed how Magnemite evolved, it was a very creative and unique way. Jolteon was also really cool, pretty much my fav. electric Pokemon thus far.

38/100

Did they misspell the title grammatically?

It said "Get Along Little, Pokemon!"

Shouldn't it have been "Get Along, Little Pokemon!"?

Vernikova

Champion
Meh, an episode featuring Ash saving the day. Nothing to see here. It was cool to see Jolteon but Magnemite might be the most boring Pokémon in existance.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Nice to see a Jolteon again, but overall this was a pretty boring filler, in my opinion. I liked Magnemite's voice!

Blessed

This episode was okay I guess. I liked Ash's determination to save the town and the cute Pokeshipping scene in the beginning.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
This was an okay episode. There were some funny parts, like when Pikachu was stuck in a whole pile of Magnemite. I also thought that the Jolteon was pretty cool with how it was herding the Magnemite like sheep. But other than that, I thought it was kind of a dull episode, plus I had totally forgot about it. :/

7threst

This episode was a mediocre filler in my opinion. A good point was the screening of Jolteon, Magnemite and Magnetron. Those Pokémons rarely appear in episodes and that made this cool. Even though this was mediocre, I did enjoyed the episode for the most part.

Ahhh a Jolteon. It made this episode a whole lot better to me. Ash seemed quite good at controlling the Magnemite and it was cool to see Number 6 evolve into a cooky Mangeton.

NPT

Just a member
This was an okay episode, I liked it when Misty fell on the ground and Ash helped her in the beginning. Nice to see a Jolteon herding the crowd of Magnamite, who were absorving the lightning. Ethan was an interesting COTD.
I liked Ash's determination to save the town, he was quite good at controling those Magnamite. Pikachu also helped him by using Thunderbolt.
I'm glad that Number 6 evolved into a Magnaton.

It was neat to see a Jolteon in the anime again. You don't see those everyday (in the show).

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It was a good filler. Seeing Jolteon was nice as always and Magnemite's VA was excellent. Seeing 6 evolve was awesome as well.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
This episode kind of felt like a Western film which I liked especially cuz of the desert setting and all ha ha. Seeing Ash work so hard to corral the Magnemite was fun and I liked how Magnemite number 6 evolved and saved the day.