• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Get Outta My Way! (OU)

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Hey Guys,

This is my first Gen 6 Competitive Team, and I hope it is a good one! I’ve been reading up on some of these Pokémon, and I personally think I might have a half-decent team here (Bar Possibly Roserade)!
----------
Frisk Dusclops @ Eviolite
Calm Nature, EV’s: 232 HP, 216 Sp.Defence, 60 Defence
-Will-O-Wisp
-Pain-Split <- ?????
-Ice-Punch
-Night Shade

This guy is basically my Special Wall and should benefit my other Pokémon’s weaknesses by countering them, namely Dragons with Ice-Punch. Will-O-Wisp cripples other Walls, and Pain-Split is a form of Recovery!
----------
Prankster Klefki @ Light Clay
Careful Nature, EV’s: 220 HP, 224 Defence, 64 Sp.Defence
-Thunder-Wave
-Foul-Play
-Reflect
-Light Screen

Klefki is my Dual-Screening hero in disguise. With his Screens, Mega-Aggron is practically invincible and, with Prankster, Thunder-Wave (And the Screens) are Priority Moves! Foul Play is there just in case!
----------
Levitate Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Modest Nature, EV’s: 232 HP, 56 Sp.Attack, 220 Speed
-Rest
-Hydro Pump
-Volt Switch
-Will-O-Wisp

This guy can take anything pretty well, and has been a pinnacle in some of my previous teams! He can stand alone, and just spam Will-O-Wisp and Hydro Pump (a decent STAB move), and Rest when needed. Or he can just Will-O-Wisp and Volt Switch away to set up a Sweeper.
----------
Infiltrator Noivern @ Life Orb
Modest Nature, EV’s: 4 HP, 252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed
-U-Turn
-Shadow-Ball
-Flamethrower
-Draco Meteor

Noivern is my Special Sweeper No.1, and can hit practically anything for Neutral damage. He may draw out Ice Types with his Flying/Dragon Typing, but Flamethrower is there to give them a shock. Draco Meteor is a strong STAB move and Shadow-Ball is there for a good coverage. U-Turn is good after Draco-Meteor and getting out of tricky situations!
----------
Natural Cure Roserade @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature, EV’s: 224 HP, 248 Sp.Attack, 36 Sp.Defence
-Sludge Bomb
-Giga-Drain
-Rest
-Toxic Spikes

Special Sweeper No.2, this is a sort of Sweeper Pokémon, but is also used for laying Entry Hazards too! It has a decent BST, with great Sp.Attack and decent Sp.Defence, so it may live a regular Special Move. I think she could be improved though, either move-wise, EV wise or a new Pokémon altogether. Black Sludge will help give a bit more HP each turn to Roserade! Sludge Bomb is a strong STAB, Giga-Drain is also a STAB move and could be used to get back a little health. Rest is there as it has Natural Cure, so I can get full HP then switch out! Toxic Spikes are my Entry Hazards!
----------
Adaptability Mega-Lucario @ Lucarionite
Jolly/Adamant Nature, EV's: 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Close Combat
-Bullet Punch

My Physical Sweeper! He will Mega-Evolve for Adaptability, meaning STAB moves do 2x Damage instead of 1.5x! After Klefki's Screens and 1 or 2 Sword Dances, he will be unstoppable! Bullet Punch is a STAB Priority Move, Close Combat in a BEAST, and Earthquake is coverage, especially over the now common Aegislash!

----------
Please Rate my Team, I would really appreciate it!

EDITS IN BOLD

Last edited:

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
1. MegaAggron for offense? Better use regular Aggron then , with STAB Head Smash without recoil. The beauty of Mega Aggron is its amazing walling ability. 3 weaknesses and Filter to reduce power is awesome for a wall with base 230 Def.
2. Weakness Policy isn't too useful on Roserade. The super effective moves that hit it will leave it at such low Hp it can be killed the turn after. Just go Black Sludge for some recovery so you can set up more spikes.
3. On Dusclops, you might like Substitute to avoid statusses, or Power-Up Punch for Fight=Ghost coverage as well as a boost in attack.

Hope this helps :)

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
1. MegaAggron for offense? Better use regular Aggron then , with STAB Head Smash without recoil. The beauty of Mega Aggron is its amazing walling ability. 3 weaknesses and Filter to reduce power is awesome for a wall with base 230 Def.
2. Weakness Policy isn't too useful on Roserade. The super effective moves that hit it will leave it at such low Hp it can be killed the turn after. Just go Black Sludge for some recovery so you can set up more spikes.
3. On Dusclops, you might like Substitute to avoid statusses, or Power-Up Punch for Fight=Ghost coverage as well as a boost in attack.

Hope this helps :)

1) I really need a Physical Sweeper, so, for the time being, he's staying!
2) I will use a Black Sludge now!
3) Uuurgh, what?

unresponsive

still in a dream, skin eater
Noivern doesn't get STAB from Boomburst, you're better off replacing it with Dragon Pulse or Draco Meteor if you really want the power-watch out for the stat drops though. Draco Meteor +U-Turn work well together and keep momentum. Psychic doesn't really hit anything noteworthy that Shadow Ball doesn't. I have Flamethrower on mine though and while it's pretty good at dealing with Ferrothorn, I wouldn't keep Noivern in against common Ice Types because of Ice Shard. With its paper defenses and x4 weakness even a low base power attack could pick it off. Flamethrower is a good move on the switch though, so I get where you're going there.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Noivern doesn't get STAB from Boomburst, you're better off replacing it with Dragon Pulse or Draco Meteor if you really want the power-watch out for the stat drops though. Draco Meteor +U-Turn work well together and keep momentum. Psychic doesn't really hit anything noteworthy that Shadow Ball doesn't. I have Flamethrower on mine though and while it's pretty good at dealing with Ferrothorn, I wouldn't keep Noivern in against common Ice Types because of Ice Shard. With its paper defenses and x4 weakness even a low base power attack could pick it off. Flamethrower is a good move on the switch though, so I get where you're going there.

Thanks!

I implemented Draco Meteor and U-Turn!

Any other suggestions?

How about Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Rock Polish and Heavy Slam on Mega-Aggron?

Last edited:

Boredom

Dusclops:
Currently Dusclops's abilities are Pressure and Frisk (wasn't sure if Trace was a typo). Also since you're using Dusclops primarily as a wall I'd recommend using Pain Split for a form of recovery since you want your walls to last a while. I agree with SkyDriver that Substitute and Power-Up-Punch could work well on Dusclops and Pain Split would work with this by helping heal back what you lose from Substituting.

Roserade:
I'd recommend replacing Leaf Storm on Roserade for Rest since Roserade has access to Natural Cure and can use Rest to fully recover HP and can then remove the sleep status by switching out.

Mega-Aggron:
Mega-Aggron is a fantastic physical tank but before you send him out to start stat boosting make sure that your opponent has no special attackers (granted Light Screen helps you out in this regard), and once pokebank becomes available I'd recommend putting Thunder Punch on him.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Dusclops:
Currently Dusclops's abilities are Pressure and Frisk (wasn't sure if Trace was a typo). Also since you're using Dusclops primarily as a wall I'd recommend using Pain Split for a form of recovery since you want your walls to last a while. I agree with SkyDriver that Substitute and Power-Up-Punch could work well on Dusclops and Pain Split would work with this by helping heal back what you lose from Substituting.

Roserade:
I'd recommend replacing Leaf Storm on Roserade for Rest since Roserade has access to Natural Cure and can use Rest to fully recover HP and can then remove the sleep status by switching out.

Mega-Aggron:
Mega-Aggron is a fantastic physical tank but before you send him out to start stat boosting make sure that your opponent has no special attackers (granted Light Screen helps you out in this regard), and once pokebank becomes available I'd recommend putting Thunder Punch on him.

Thanks Boredom!

That Dusclops Ability was a typo, thanks!

I will add Rest over Leaf Storm on Roserade!

I will implement Pain Split, Substitute and Power-up Punch on Dusclops!

Should I add Mega-Tyranitar over Mega-Aggron for a Physical Sweeper?

KillerDraco

Okay, I'm just gonna stop you right there.

Did nobody bother to take into account that Duclops has no attack investment, AND a hindering attack nature, coming off a pitiful base 70 attack? That thing should not be using physical attacks, period. Give it Night Shade and Will-O-Wisp instead; Night Shade so it can have reliable damage, and Will-o-Wisp so it can threaten physical attackers. Forget a gimmicky power-up punch; Pretty much any Pokemon could set up on Dusclops due to it being so passive. SubSplit could be viable for the other two moves, though with Dusclops low HP its subs are pretty easy to break. Just... don't use Dusclops as a physical attacker. It's bad doing so.

Heck, you'd probably be better off utilizing something like Florges if a special wall is something you're after. Especially since you mentioned needing to threaten dragons as being a reasoning for Ice Punch. I'd say more but I need to get to work, so maybe later.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Okay, I'm just gonna stop you right there.

Did nobody bother to take into account that Duclops has no attack investment, AND a hindering attack nature, coming off a pitiful base 70 attack? That thing should not be using physical attacks, period. Give it Night Shade and Will-O-Wisp instead; Night Shade so it can have reliable damage, and Will-o-Wisp so it can threaten physical attackers. Forget a gimmicky power-up punch; Pretty much any Pokemon could set up on Dusclops due to it being so passive. SubSplit could be viable for the other two moves, though with Dusclops low HP its subs are pretty easy to break. Just... don't use Dusclops as a physical attacker. It's bad doing so.

Heck, you'd probably be better off utilizing something like Florges if a special wall is something you're after. Especially since you mentioned needing to threaten dragons as being a reasoning for Ice Punch. I'd say more but I need to get to work, so maybe later.

Implemented the changes on Dusclops, please could you go into more detail on Florges and I may consider it!

More rates please!

EDIT: Could I add MegaTyranitar over MegaAggron? With the Screens up, I think he may be able to take almost anything (Bar Fighting)!

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

unresponsive

still in a dream, skin eater
Sorry I've also got to go to work in a sec so I don't have too much time to write but you can't use U-turn after a DracoM if you have Choice Specs on your Noivern. You'd be locked in and forced to switch out manually. U-Turn is really nice and I highly recommend keeping it, so you could trade its held item for Life Orb.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Sorry I've also got to go to work in a sec so I don't have too much time to write but you can't use U-turn after a DracoM if you have Choice Specs on your Noivern. You'd be locked in and forced to switch out manually. U-Turn is really nice and I highly recommend keeping it, so you could trade its held item for Life Orb.

Will do! Thanks for the rate!

Any thoughts on a new Physical Sweeper (Which is a Mega)?

I could really use some Physical Sweeper ideas ASAP though!
You could always use the most OP physical sweeper in the game atm, M-Lucario. That thing is going to see the ban hammer really soon, I call it. It can do up to 90% on a non-defensive mega aggron with CC, fyi. Stupid strong. I don't know how well it fits on this team, though, but it could frankly be shoehorned in any team and function fine.

This is how I see him working: Throw in Klefki when threats against M-Luke are gone, t wave, dual screen, then die asap. Throw in M-Luke and SD up, kill all the things with priority bullet punch and adaptability.

BTW, nothing takes a +4 CC besides ghosts and max defensive Gyarados. EDIT: Nvm, max defensive Gyarados is 2HKO'd or 50% OHKO'd with SR up at +4.

Last edited:

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
You could always use the most OP physical sweeper in the game atm, M-Lucario. That thing is going to see the ban hammer really soon, I call it. It can do up to 90% on a non-defensive mega aggron with CC, fyi. Stupid strong. I don't know how well it fits on this team, though, but it could frankly be shoehorned in any team and function fine.

This is how I see him working: Throw in Klefki when threats against M-Luke are gone, t wave, dual screen, then die asap. Throw in M-Luke and SD up, kill all the things with priority bullet punch and adaptability.

BTW, nothing takes a +4 CC besides ghosts and max defensive Gyarados. EDIT: Nvm, max defensive Gyarados is 2HKO'd or 50% OHKO'd with SR up at +4.

Nice, I'll test him out!

Maybe this set?

Adaptability Mega-Lucario @ Lucarionite
Jolly/Adamant, EV's 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
-Swords Dance
-Hi-Jump Kick
-Close Combat
-Bullet Punch

Last edited:

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
No use in running 2 Fighting moves. Better put something like Crunch/EQ in HJK slot, to deal with Aegislash. ESpeed is also an option but only useful for Talonflame really.