• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Get Ready to Interview Your Characters

DeliriousAbsol

Call me Del
After discussing this in the Discord chat, it seems a good time to bring back the character interviews! This is a fantastic character development game. The rules are pretty simple:

Answer as many as you like of the following questions as if your character is answering them. Feel free to add out-of-character notes if they are necessary to point out you character's personality, such as if they are lying.

Be sure to leave at least one question for the character in the post above yours - this can be asked by your character if you like! It adds to the delight of the game.

Questions:

How would you introduce yourself to a stranger?

What do you like?

What do you dislike?

What is a sure way to make you angry?

What can make you smile?

Who is your closest friend?

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

What is your most treasured possession?

What is your greatest regret?

I'll start things off to get the ball rolling!

Drags a disgruntled Macro straight out of System:Reboot

Hey there! How would you introduce yourself to a stranger?

Macro - Not like that, for one thing! Where the heck am I? ...Anyway, it's never a good idea to introduce yourself without your gun handy.

Have fun with it, guys ;)

DreamSayer

Name's Adam.
sits Harvey on a wooden chair

Now tell me, what do you dislike?

Harvey- If i had to pick, I'd say being dirty in any way. I'm not sure if I've always been this way, but I very much prefer a clean tidy environment. It's quite convenient that my fur repels dust for the most part, but once i get damp... Let's just say, i only take baths with water when it's absolutely necessary. shudders. As for whoever is above me, what's your most proficient skill?

DeliriousAbsol

Call me Del
Macro looks down at Harvey I would say my aim with my laser. Could shoot a berry off the head of a frightened caterpie at fifty yards.

Del looks up from her computer He might be exaggerating

Macro - I heard that!! Grumbles Anyway, Harvey. What's your most embarrassing moment? Take the heat off me...

DreamSayer

Name's Adam.
Harvey strokes his chin I'd say my most embarrassing moment was when a friend of mine asked me to come over to her house some years back. I went thinking it was going to be a date, but it turned out she just wanted an extra pair of hands to help repaint their living room interior. She played me good.

Quick question, what's the biggest heist you've ever pulled off as a pirate?

I might as well get the ball rolling. Not even with a character in one of my current fics - I have plans for another one which I'll write at some point! Her name is Taylor, or Tay for short, and she is a girl who is bubbly, pretty, and perfect for the role of a waitress.

*Tay sits in interview chair* heya! Glad to be here! What have you got to ask? I'm all ears.

What is your greatest regret?

Tay: hey now! That a little sudden and deep for a first question, but I guess I've gotta answer it. Hmm, regrets... I never really tend to regret the choices I make, actually. If there is one, it'd probably be... hmm... I guess it'd be having a lack of contact with my parents. I know they're safe, but I just sometimes wish I could hit them up with a call, ya know? Just to see how they're doing. Yeah, I'd regret that. Now, for that guy Harvey... what would you say is your own greatest regret?

(Note: Tay lied in that question. She has a big secret that I don't wanna spoil, and her true greatest regret is that she hasn't yet told it to her close friend, Emi.)

roule

take it all or leave it... I Feel You
Alright, I might as well do this for one of the newest characters in Snowstorm...

sits Guk-hyang down

A large, chipper smile grows on Guk-hyang's face.

"Oh, I know the answer to this! It's the bracelet Seon-hyang unnie got me, back in Pyongyang! She gave it as a gift to me on the Day of the Sun last year!"

Slowly, Guk-hyang's expression drops into a mixture of sadness and anger.

"She seemed so happy. No, she was! Before that ***** Marie corrupted her! Now... now Seon-hyang's a puppet... like the rest of them..."

Guk-hyang sighs, rubbing her sweaty hands across her face to try and regain her composure.

"Anyways... for Tay. What do you like to do in your free time?"

Tay: you mean when I'm out of the cafe? Oh, not much usually. Talking to friends, hanging round with Emi, watching the kimono girls perform in the dance theatre, all the typical things you'd expect a girl living in Ecruteak City to do. I really am kinda boring, aren't I? *laughs and flicks hair* Anyway, Guk-Hyang, what is your favourite memory?

(Again, Tay didn't tell the truth. While she does do all the things mentioned, she does a couple of others too...)

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
(A Team Rocket executive strides into the thread, the thud of her heavy combat boots announcing her presence long before she is visible. Seventeen years old, but with the commanding aura of someone far older.)

Astrid: Some kind of survey going on here? (Pulls up a chair and flops into it heavily, putting her boots up on the table.) Guess I’m not doing anything right now. Ask away, or whatever.

How would you introduce yourself to a stranger?

Astrid: Depends on the context. Random person on the street? Ask them what they need from me, or tell them what I need from them. New recruits? Show them I mean business, and that they’re better off staying on my good side.

What do you like?

Astrid: It’s hard to beat a good workout/training session, and I don’t trust anyone who isn’t willing to combine the two. (Grumbles about lazy asses who sit around and train their Pokémon without doing **** themselves.) Other than that, I dunno, getting paid for a successful job and then spending the money on a weekend in Celadon.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

Astrid: (Squints at the question.) I’m fine with myself, thanks. But if I had to answer… I could stand to second-guess myself less, I suppose. I’ve made my choices. It’s pointless to question them now. A waste of time. So I’d prefer if I did that less.

Astrid: Look, you better not tell anyone I still have this, alright? (She pulls out a gold necklace with a Ponyta-shaped charm on it.) I’ve had this since I was little. I got it from my… (Pauses.) It was a gift.

(Glances at the above post.) Tay, huh… so you live in Johto? I lived there once. Not long, but it was nice… (Trails off, eyes growing a bit distant.) Right, a question or whatever… What’s your favorite thing about Johto?

Last edited:

DreamSayer

Name's Adam.
What’s your favorite thing about Johto?

Harvey tilts his head Johto? Where's that? Is it even a real world location? Checks Googoo maps Oh, that's where Johto is! It's part of a country in Uasia. I'd love to visit it once i get back home.

As for my greatest regret... I can't say for sure. There aren't a lot of things i can list off my head.

Qustion for Astrid: Do you love doing your job?

DeliriousAbsol

Call me Del
Macro wakes up suddenly

Did someone ask me about a heist? Whoa... okay. My greatest heist. Let me think strokes scar thoughtfully I guess my greatest heist was that one time in Botnet City. I don't like to talk about the details. The world turned dark that day. But heh. I got the parts and I made a hefty profit. Biggest profit I ever made!

Looks up at Harvey

You said you thought that was a date. You ever even been on a date?

DreamSayer

Name's Adam.
Harvey fiddles with his fingers shyly Not really. I've never been the type to be into romance. That's why i was a bit taken aback when she told me to come over. said it was going to be a 'special' occasion.

Clears throat

What made you to become a pirate? You don't need to go too much into detail. A rough idea will suffice.

DeliriousAbsol

Call me Del
Macro snorts When you live in a world this broken, you need to do whatever you can to get by. I ain't livin' under that mad mayor's laws, so I'm stickin' to the pirate life. You learn the hard way you can't change the world.

Now, Harv, if you could change one thing about yourself... what would it be?

DeliriousAbsol

Call me Del
Macro goes incredibly quiet. After staring at Harvey for a little while, he gets up and leaves the room

Del - Huh. Well. I guess I'm asking the next question then. Harvey, what is your most treasured possession.

Also, one for Astrid. What boots are those?

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
What is a sure way to make you angry?

Astrid: (Snorts) Insubordination. If I give orders, you better believe I’ve got a damn good reason that I am under no obligation to share with you. And of course I’m gonna be pissed off when I have to deal with those those spineless, gutless pieces of **** who dare to betray Team Rocket. You think we make people take that oath for nothing, huh? You think you can just turn your back on the rest of us and not suffer the consequences?

And don’t think you’re in the clear just because you stick around, but you spend your time being all “woe is me.” Look, I get it. It’s a hard life, being a Rocket. Sometimes you gotta ask yourself hard questions. Keyword: yourself. Deal with it and don’t go dumping any of that crap on anyone else who’s got better things to do than listen to your whining. And don’t even get me started on—

(She goes on like that for a while. I’ll spare you guys. It’s shorter to list what doesn’t make her angry.)

What boots are those?

Astrid: (Tilts her feet slightly to show them off (<--click for art)). Nice, huh? They’re not quite standard order for the combat unit, but being an executive has its perks.

Do you love doing your job?

Astrid: (Sits up straight, suddenly very serious.) Who the hell wants to know? You haven’t been talking to the boss, have you? (Pauses, glancing around suspiciously.) Well, for starters, I’m an executive, and I’m damn good at what I do. I can have whatever I want, whenever I want. Why wouldn’t I love my job?

Ugh, enough of this, I’m out for now. What’s that? I’m leaving a question for… a Minccino and a Mawile? My Pokéspeech isn’t the greatest, so I hope you plan on translating.

For the Minccino: What’s the first thing you’d do if you became human again?
For the Mawile: Any mistakes you wish you could do over?

DeliriousAbsol

Call me Del
Macro re-enters with a cup of fermented cheri juice and almost spills it as Astrid's question reaches his ears

This is getting really personal. You lot are so nosy!! Any mistakes I wish I could do over? You even seen the bounty on my head? Holds up WANTED poster for 40,000 credits By the way. Don't get excited. This only applies in my world, so paws off, Rocket! Anyway. Yeh. There are mistakes I wish I could do over. But Del will lock me in the Box of Shame again if I give away too much.

Del covers Macro's mouth and looks panicked I do NOT have a Box of Shame!!

Macro shoves her hand away Any mistakes you wish you could do over, Astrid? Those kinda questions work both ways, man.

DreamSayer

Name's Adam.
Harvey looks down thoughtfully Well, the first thing i'm gonna do... First, I'm probably going to rest in my parent's arms for five hours straight. Then i'll tell them all about the crazy things i've experienced in the pokemon world. After that, life's pretty much just going to go back to normal.

Hey Marco, do have someone like an arch rival or nemesis? You know, like the opposite of your character? Kind of like how Tom is to Jerry or something like that. You're pirate. There's got to be some kind of persistent cop character out specifically to get you, if you catch my drift.

DeliriousAbsol

Call me Del
Macro smirks There's more than just one pokemon out to get me. The mayor is the one who put the price on my head. You could say every pokemon in System and their mothers want that 'reward'. But yeh. I've fallen out with a crew-mate before now. We don't talk about her. You'd think I'd learn a lesson letting another pokemon other than the fairy type on my ship, but I ain't no typist scrub shrugs I suppose that will return to bite me in the tail at some point. Stares at Harvey thoughtfully while sipping at his drink Why don't you wear clothes? Is everyone in your world virtually naked?

*Tay nods to Astrid* oh, I'd definitely say the architecture. It's just so beautiful, you know? The traditional houses, the single tower we have left standing, even the Gym is pretty damn gorgeous. It's just so beautiful to look at! As for you, Macro... hmm, I've got a question! If you weren't doing your current job, what would you like to be doing?

DeliriousAbsol

Call me Del
Macro almost drops his drink. His eyes grow distant and he scratches his head beneath his goggles I er... whoa. I've never even thought about that! I can't imagine my life without Wildcard Gamma. That ship's been my life for years. I guess... Huh... I actually, honestly don't know!

Matrix looks up from his game of Pong You could be a detective?

Macro snorts Detective?! Hang on... when did you get in here?

The ribombee shrugs Snuck in when you went to get a drink. Saw they had Pong.

Macro sneers Sneaky little... Anyway, Tay. You're a human, right? How do they treat Pokemon in your world?