• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Get Ready to Interview Your Characters

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
Aekra placed her head in her hands, distraught.

"Shrugs Well, how bad can it be? But of course, I wouldn’t. I don’t fancy being treated as a pet," the small, pink bug thing said, and Aekra sunk lower.

"W-well, I never intended to make you feel bad..." Aekra said, "I just need somewhere to go, as time well... stopped where I am from. I was fighting, Skaimos just... died, and everything froze for what felt like an hour. Then I showed up here."

Do you love going to new places?

"Yes, meeting new people was what made me feel a bit better. Uhm, for everyone What's your favorite color? yeah, odd question, but I don't have a lot of ideas here..."

Firebrand

Indomitable
(Going back to answer a couple of these because they fit really well for Hawlucha Man!)

If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

Alex shrugged. "I'd love to be able to fly. Yeah, yeah, I know, it's not that original, and my whole deal is gliding around with a wingsuit anyway. But I've spent so much time scrambling up ladders and fire escapes finding places to jump from, and that gets crazy exhausting." He sighed. "Here in Clarus City, a lot of people have found out ways to use technology to replicate superpowers anyway. We have people with super strength, people who can throw fire around, teleportation, and of course, there are espers who have psychic powers. I'm the only one who can fly, sort of, but all I'm really doing is falling slowly. It'd be nice to be able to feel like I do when I'm gliding whenever I wanted, without having to put on the suit."

This is for everyone. What is the law like in your worlds?

Alex thought for a moment. "Well, I assume it's a lot like the law in any other place. Don't kill, don't steal, no jaywalking. The problem is, there are plenty of people who have figured out ways to break the law and get away with it, or at least make sure they aren't held accountable. They kept slipping through loopholes, and the police and courts couldn't do anything about it because they were playing the system too well." Alex grinned. "That's when the heroes started showing up. Blaziken Man and Volcarona Mask could do what the police couldn't, and they were strong enough to start bringing in the people who thought they were above the law. Now every borough of Clarus City has at least a couple heroes, and we all do our part to make sure that all the law-abiding citizens can live safely!"

"So anyway," Alex said, "who's the person you most look up to? Who's your hero?"

Last edited:

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
This is Mickey, the Team Leader of his group of Team Instinct. He is a kid and my story does, in fact, take place in the real world, so go easy on him.

If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
I wanna be able to communicate with animals! Talking to my dog would be so cool! I could tell the spiders to start bugging my sister in her room instead!

If you could time travel anywhere to any period, where would you go and why?
The future! It’d be so amazing! All that high-tech gadgets and aliens and spaceships and stuff!

Do you have any hobbies?
D’you mean besides playing Pokémon Go? I guess because of it, I started riding my bike more, and I got to meet new friends, who are kinda cool I guess, so I hang out with them sometimes.

Do you prefer adorable looking Pokémon or strong and scary looking ones?
Strong Pokémon, weak Pokémon, that is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites!

What’s your favorite color?
Yellow!

Who’s the person you most look up to? Who’s your hero?
I’d like to think that I’m old enough to realize that Nathan Drake had it good. A good job, a good wife, good friends. I liked how he chose Elena in the 1st game, it came back in the 3rd game, and becomes cemented in the 4th game. I hope to have all that, minus the bullets.

And now Mickey turns to all the psychopaths I JUST realized I put him near.
"What was your 'one bad day'?" he asks.

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
Aekra shuffled nervously. The meeting seemed to be winding down, but it was... impossible to go back. She wasn't the brightest, but she knew that, at least. Standing up from her chair, and then immediately tripping over it, she sighed. Shrugging it off, she moved the chair closer to the center table, where some food was. Grabbing an apple, a pink berry, and a glass filled with water, she slowly ate, scanning the room.

A small child spoke, asking, "What was your 'one bad day'?"

Aekra finished eating the abnormally sweet berry at this time and paused, a few bites into the apple, to respond.

"Er... today? Two good friends of mine, died, a coworker was seriously hurt, and time sort of... stopped." Aekra turned to the shadowy figure that brought her in.

"Oh! I completely forgot! How'd you bring me here? Is there any way you could save anyone?"

The figure appeared downcast, before speaking.

"You were the only thing alive. I'm sorry." The figure said quietly, and Aekra took a moment before tearing up.

"W-wait, alive where? Was there anyone at all?" Aekra asked, nervous.

The figure placed a hand on Aekra's shoulder.

"Alive at all. I'm so sorry, Aekra. You were the only one."

Aekra hugged the figure and cried, light smoke coming out of her nostrils.

"Well... I..." Aekra stuttered, before collapsing into tears again.

The figure returned Aekra's hug, awkwardly having her head pressed against Aekra's chest, before speaking.

"Well, she'll need a moment... I think she's good to answer soon, though. What's the one thing you can't live without?" The figure said. Aekra released the figure and sniffled, grabbing more food off of the table, still crying.

Last edited:

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
And suddenly, even though everyone thought the meeting had wound down, the room suddenly got loud again as multiple people and Pokemon spoke up all at once.

What’s the one thing you can’t live without?

Delibird: *rummages through tail sack* Why, it would be this here golden Charti Berry, of course! Given to me by Cresselia herself in a wondrous dream, she did! Decades ago! And see how it still shines? It’s a miracle berry that I’ve kept by my side all this time.

Plasma!You: “The Sunset Over Pokémon Paradise” by Ghetsis Harmonia. It’s his best-selling novel about how we can live in harmony with Pokémon with respect towards them and without having to catch them and enslave them.

Daedalus: The element of surprise.

Rocket!You: Well, I had to live without it for awhile now, but I used to have a whip for whipping my old Pokémon into shape whenever they slacked off. Without it, I’m sure they’d maul me.

Mickey: My bike! How else can I defend my Gym if it takes forever to get there?

Delibird takes the mic away from the interviewer and speaks.

Delibird: Forgive an old man for being nosey, but tell me again, you youngsters: How old are you?

Last edited:

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
Aekra had calmed down somewhat, although her eyes were still watering. A bird-like creature spoke softly to her.

"How old are you?" he asked innocuously.

Aekra paused, counted on her fingers, and thought for a second.

"Erm, where I'm from, we don't really keep track. I guess I'm er, twenty seven or so. How old are you? And why did you ask?"

The shadowy figure nudged Aekra again, pointing towards the others.

Aekra nodded.

"Right, erm. "P" guy... Who is this Ghetsis? And what's with the outfit? Uh, "R", sorry. Again, why suit? Also, whipping your, Pokemon? Couldn't you have just spoken to them?" Aekra said, unsure.

Aekra scanned the room, chewing on another apple.

"Oh, er, Daedalus, is it?" she asked, curiously, "You kind of remind me of Skaimos. Except not insane. What do you do for a job?" Aekra finally made eye contact with a small child, Mickey.

"Hello, little boy. Aren't you a bit young to be here? Oh, and what exactly is your gym?"

Aekra slowly calmed down, occasionally eating an apple, berry or drinking water.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Everyone was a bit taken aback by the dragon suddenly playing 20 Questions with the group. Delibird straightened himself up, looking a bit surprised to be challenged by such a thing.

"How old am I?! Why, I'm over 5,000 years old! I know, 'but you only LOOK like you're 110!' Well, the secret to my lustful good looks is..." (He's lying.)

Delibird then goes on a long-winded speech about beauty tips for avians, most of which is probably bunk. The interviewer, who is a fascinating character in their own right, eventually manages to remind him about the second half of the question.

"Why ask? Hmpf, dragon hatchlings these days. Can never be satisfied with pleasantries. I'm an old coot, Chakra! It's my JOB to be as nosy as possible!"

Meanwhile, the P guy (these grunts come from a second-person POV anthology, so they are essentially "you," so they can be either male or female, young or old, any race) has his face light up, delighted about the questions posed to him. Typically, anytime someone asks about Ghetsis, that means they are interested in joining the cause.

"Ghetsis is the leader and founder of Team Plasma, a team who's goal it is to liberate Pokemon from humans, to end mistreatment from the humans onto the Pokemon, and to build a better planet for both humans and Pokemon! He wrote the book I was talking about, and you should totally read it sometime. I could loan you out my copy, if you want. And Ghetsis said that his outfit is inspired by the legendary brothers of Unova, of whom he is a direct descendant of, who controlled the legendary dragons that helped create Unova. It'd be rude to insult someone's traditional clothing."

The R, who wasn't listening, spoke up.

"Yeah, I speak to my Pokemon all the time. I speak to them about how weak they are, how they cost me the match, my HOME, all of my personal assists. And I find that whipping them during a match helps them...'focus' a little better. Heh heh. Who knows? A powerful dragon like you. Maybe a few licks would bring out YOUR true potential..."

He doesn't mention the suit question.

Mickey speaks up, not wanting to stay still any longer. He doesn't recognize how deadly some of the people in this room are.

"I got an e-vite to be here, 'cause I'm so cool and powerful! Remember those games where the two Gym Leaders are, like, 6 and 7 years old? Doesn't matter how old you are, anyone can be a powerful and awesome trainer! And my gym is the Ft. Cherub statue at park just down the road. We Team Instinct members keep control of it whenever we can. During the summer, anyway, when school's out. Team Instinct's the best team! Hey, what team are you on, or would be on? We can always use more members!"

Aekra nervously glances back at Daedalus, who hadn't yet spoke up. He was too busy putting on a scary face and generally trying to make the whole atmosphere uneasy.

"I guess you could say," he said, "that I'm a 'demolitions expert.' And I've heard from a...bird boy..."

He glances over at Alex.

"...that I do a mean cosplay of a certain video game character."

He turns his full attention away from Aekra and to Alex.

"Boy, how does it feel, knowing I got out so easily, and even managed to take out a couple along the way? To know that your fight is hopeless? That I will hunt down and kill all your pretty little friends? That you...are f***ed. (This whole situation is non-canon, as I assume that Alex is unmasked right now and openly talking about being Hawlucha Man, something that doesn't happen in either of our stories.)

Firebrand

Indomitable
"Boy, how does it feel, knowing I got out so easily, and even managed to take out a couple along the way? To know that your fight is hopeless? That I will hunt down and kill all your pretty little friends? That you...are f***ed."

Alex glanced at the raving man. "Do I... know you?" He looked around the room. "He is talking to me, right? Listen buddy, I really don't have it in me to remember every single crook, weirdo, and megalomaniac I take down. I'm a busy guy. But if I did take you down once, then I'll certainly be able to do it again. Every time you crawl your way up, I'll be there to knock you back down. You may learn a few new tricks along the way, but every night I'm out on patrol, my partner and I are getting stronger. So bring your A-game next time." He shrugged. "And as for all that 'your fight is hopeless' junk... well, yeah. I know that. All the other heroes know that. In an abstract kind of way, there's always going to be bad people doing bad things, no matter how many criminals we beat up and throw in Redstone. It's never going to stop. If we topple one drug kingpin, some murderous psychopath will just come and take his place, and then a terrorist will take his, and so on. But once you look that hard truth in the eye, you have a choice to make. You can either give up and let evil win, or you can find it deep inside yourself to stand up and keep fighting. We all made the choice to push back against people like you and protect the people who can't protect themselves. And for all that there's always going to be people like you, there will always be heroes like me to stop you. I'm not in this to win. I'm just in this to make sure that bastards like you keep losing."

Alex folded his arms and grinned. "So what about you all? At the end of the day, what are you fighting for?"

(Teller, I thought it would be funnier if Alex totally blanked on Daedalus and Daedalus's grudge was totally one-sided. And the more I thought about it, the more it made sense in the context of Tale's Comics' status as a fanfic of a fanfic. As far as Alex is concerned, any of your original characters would be people he can just vaguely but not-quite remember, at least for the sake of this exercise.)

Last edited:

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
Life support for the thread.

The child spoke, asking what team Aekra would be on. She shrugged, tilted her head in confusion, and spoke.

"Er, team? Team instinct? Huh? I don't follow, at all."

The man in the black uniform spoke, "Yeah, I speak to my Pokemon all the time. I speak to them about how weak they are, how they cost me the match, my HOME, all of my personal assists. And I find that whipping them during a match helps them...'focus' a little better. Heh heh. Who knows? A powerful dragon like you. Maybe a few licks would bring out YOUR true potential..."

The man said in a hostile tone and Aekra realized he was a criminal of some sort. She stood, but a sign was posted on the wall. It stated that no members of a police force were technically allowed jurisdiction in the area. Aekra shrugged and sat down, before speaking, some smoke floating out of her nostrils.

"I, er, uh, I'll pass. So, you seem like some sort of criminal. Have you considered renouncing your criminal behavior?"

Aekra was confused, the Daedalus man was acting like he knew the Alex individual, who was frankly baffled. Daedalus was a criminal, according to Alex, but the sign still hung there.

Aekra overheard Alek speak, asking what are you fighting for. Aekra paused, and then answered.

"I fight, er, fought, for those who couldn't. Not for fame, or fortune, but because defending others is the right thing to do."

A couple of people glanced over, but most had left, and Aekra had eaten all of the snacks. She sighed, knowing the meeting was likely ending soon.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
@Firebrand- I agree that Alex not recognizing Daedalus is just inherently funnier, so I'm down with that.
@Omegagoldfish- Yeah, I'm sad that this thread seems to be coming to a close, too. There's so many characters I could've used! Maybe another team activity thread will pop up eventually? Anyway...

"Have you considered renouncing your criminal behavior?"

You eye this dragon type Pokemon as she said it. Like she was somehow higher and mightier than you just because she was a Pokemon. A thing that could be captured in a ball that humans designed. Like it understood what a human feels.

"Everyday, after I say my morning prayers," you reply back, your voice drowning in sarcasm.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Alex folded his arms and tilted his chair back. "You can't reason with guys like him. Something in their head is busted." He twirled his finger at his temple. "It would almost be pathetic if they didn't have a body count. If I did deal with him, he ought to be locked up. Actually..." He trailed off. "Why isn't he locked up?"

Alex set his chair back on the ground and stood up, glancing around the nondescript room. "You know, now that I think about it, I can't remember what I'm doing here. Every time I try to remember, I just draw a blank. How did we get here?"

(If the thread is dying, then let's get meta)

Last edited:

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Hey, I'm ALWAYS up for keeping a bloated corpse floating! (Also, Mickey was kinda already asked this question, so I'm gonna exclude him from this round).

How did we get here?

This was the question that was asked from the college-aged man. The Delibird, aptly named Delibird, told him plainly: "Why, I FLEW here, of course! Haha! These old bones are still good for something!"

Rocket and Plasma!You (simultaneously): "The boss told me to come here to gather intel. I came by train."

Daedalus looks around and doesn't say anything, but he thinks to himself: "Who's to say I didn't bring you all here?"

The interviewer is suddenly horrified with self-realization, as he/she suddenly realizes that they are an imaginary character made up for a forum thread about a video game franchise. They turn to the reader, wide-eyed, and say: "What is your guilty pleasure?"

Last edited:

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
Screw it, I don't totally want to go meta. So for the sake of humor, Aekra and her copy of the Interviewer will remain totally unaware.

The man named Alex asked, "How did we get here?", and Aekra paused.

"Well, everything sort of stopped for me... and I think after an hour I fell asleep. I woke up in the other room." Aekra said, confused. The shadowy figure of the Interviewer stood next to the other one. "Figured it out, huh?" it said flatly. "Don't tell the others. It ruins our job."

The other interviewer turned in an odd direction and asked about guilty pleasures. Aekra blew some smoke out of her nose.

"Sometimes, I make really bad jokes..."

Aekra said, before realizing.

"Oh! Right, question! So, uh, crud. What are you going to do after this meeting ends?"

DreamSayer

Name's Adam.
So, uh, crud. What are you going to do after this meeting ends?"

Annie: The meeting is already over? Oh my, and I just got here. I apologize for being late, I was busy assembling some an ancient amulet I dug up a month ago. According to legend, the amulet will-- Nah, I can't tell you any of that. It's kind of my habit not to tell strangers about my work.
Though I have a question for you, or anyone that's still here. What's the hardest thing you've ever accomplished?

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Oh hey, this a thing again. And I have established characters now. Huzzah!

What's the hardest thing you've ever accomplished?

Shane: Clearing The Perfect Run in Super Mario Galaxy 2, of course. No wait... clearing World S8-Crown in Super Mario 3D Land. NO WAIT... it was totally clearing Champion's Road in Super Mario 3D World. Actually, come to think of it...
Tessa: This is going to take awhile, isn't it?
Shane: Well, you're not helping things with your snide remarks. Grab me a pencil and a sheet of paper. I need to make a list to jog my memory here.
Tessa: You want one so bad? Get it yourself. You could use the exercise.
Shane: Please, I'm way cuter than you.
Tessa: You also have twice as many legs, so you can get the paper twice as fast. Now go on. Shoo. *flicks paws forward*
Shane: Fine, fine. I'm going. *storms off*
Tessa: *rolls eye* Finally, now someone can give an actual answer. The hardest thing I've accomplished is joining the guild. And managing to stay on an exploration team with that knucklehead.
Shane: I HEARD THAT!
Tessa: Good. You were supposed to! *shakes head in annoyance* Okay, let's move on here. How does winter make you guys feel, huh?

TikTok13

Oh, I have a title?
Well, now that I've got Skybound going, lets give this a go with the main trio (so far).

How does winter make you guys feel, huh?
Black: Winter? Not that bad, actually. I find the cold to be somewhat soothing; snowflakes are mesmerising and I could stare watching them for hours and hours on end. *sparkling eyes*
Rose: You might love it, but it drives me mad! Can't stand it! All my horns end up freezing together, and it's so hard to keep warm.
Black: Really? Maybe you should make company with some Fire-Types?
Cyrus: *Walks in with smoke wisps above his head* Doesn't bloody work. Ya just get scorched to kingdom come. Trust me, I've tried it.
Black: Wait, so am I the only one who likes winter?!
Rose: Christmas is okay, I guess. *shrugs shoulders indifferently*
Cyrus: Apparently so. But I do love Christmas. Can't beat a good, hearty meal!
Black: Right. *Grins* So, seeing as we're all such fans -
Cyrus: (Offscreen) Speak for yourself!
Black: *Muttering* I swear to Arceus I'm... *Clears his throat* Seeing as I'm such a fan of winter, what do you think about Christmas? *Walks off, shaking his head*

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
What do you think about Christmas?

Tessa: What's a Christmas?
Null: ... beats me.
Shane: Seriously, I never told you guys?
Tessa: Oh, is it a human thing?
Shane: You betcha. It's this... weird holiday where a jolly, fat guy wearing red robes delivers presents to children by flying around the world on magic reindeer.
Tessa: Okay... I have, like, a bazillion questions. Like, why a Snorlax would dress up to give people presents. They're ridiculously lazy!
Shane: No, no, no. Santa Claus is a magical human! And he has an army of elves at his disposal to make presents for people.
Null: ... you're just making... this all up... to mess with us... aren't you?
Shane: Of course not. It's not my fault the holiday's ridiculous. I certainly don't celebrate it.
Tessa: Then how do you know about it?
Shane: Because... *points snout skyward* I am a cultured individual.
*Tessa and Null look at each other and shake their heads*
Shane: Fine. You're such wise guys, answer me this. What holiday traditions does your family have?

DreamSayer

Name's Adam.
What holiday traditions does your family have?

Annie: Places her paw on her chin as she looks up in thought I don't know about family traditions, but i can tell you about Minstrel City's symphony. Once on the sixth full moon of every new decade, the mythical guardian Meloetta would reveal herself and sing her song, which is said to be the most beautiful song in the world. Those who hear her song are said to be filled with inspiration for the next ten years. Annie wears a wondrous face Meloetta is going to appear this year, and i'm absolutely not going to miss it. How exciting, i'm totally going to bring Harvey along too!

I have a question for you. What would you never miss if it meant the world to you?