• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Get The Show On The Road! (277)

Kijuna

I just saw this subbed. I thought it was awesome before, but the sub was O_O. I actually cried a bit when pikachu started going psycho, and then again when Pikachu bit him and again when he was like, "It's okay Pikachu!"

I fear I won't be able to watch the dub anymore. o.o That was awesome.

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
That episode was OK. Nothing interesting. May really had no knowledge of Pokemon and was considered helpless in aiding Prof. Birch.

JONNO.FRESH

Bah pretty crappy epi. Too rushed i thought

SpongeBoblover

< She's preaty
I just saw it today and it was good Sad too

As for May I got to admit she was pretty funny she was kinda of mad at Pikachu for ruining her bike & she wanted to travel around the world not catching Pokemon, But a few episodes later she now dose want to catch Pokemon and finally founds a goal in her life BEING A CORDINATOR :D

Overall 8/10

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
Ahh! The very first episode of AG! I remember how I sat on the couch of my living room with a huge grin on my face as I watched it. I was very happy to watch the beginning of a new saga.

I immediately found May interesting. A character that isn't an overly eager Pokemon fanatic? A character that simply wants to use Pokemon training as an excuse to travel? Score! It's really amazing how she developed through the course of the series.

I also liked the way Ash and May interacted. And, man, I loved the toasted bike joke. It was more of a spoof of the scene rather than Pikachu seriously damaging it. It really was a great way to start the Advance season.

A very good starting episode for the Advanced Generation, it was well done

It was a nice introduction to AG. I liked Sick, evil Pikachu, and I loved the Team Rocket Mecha. It was also a fine time to introduce May, I loved her character.

AshHikariLove4lyf

Dawn, Master Trainer
Good opening to a new region. My first impression of May was 'Oh my god...She doesn't actually CARE about pokemon, she just wants to TRAVEL? What the hell man?'

But later on i found myself loving May. She was awesome throughout Houen. I even found myself becoming an Advanceshipper until i came to my senses and began liking Contestshipping.

But back on topic.....This episode was great and i was glad that a new girl was travelling with Ash. Great first episode and a overall 8/10 ^_^

I just bought the volume set from an anime store and watched the episode, it was pretty cute. I was a little annoyed with how May only wanted to use Pokemon to travel but at least she got used to them and started to like them as it went on. The advancedshippy scene was cute and it was neat seeing Ash/May travel together alone without Brock for once.

Edit;

I saw this episode when it first aired but rewatched it becuase I didn't see it for along time.

Battra

A very good beginning to a new journey in the Hoen region. I really like the way May is introduced in this episode, she really doesn't care for Pokemon even though she grew up around them in her dad's gym, but later in the series she becomes a very good coordinator.
I liked Jessie being all depressed in this episode by the fact that they've been chasing Ash & Pikachu since the 3 episode of the series. Lastly I have to say this Pikachu 2 Bikes 0.

Xtra

You will be missed:(
Cartoon network is showing this entire saga. Though I like what they're doing, there's two things i don't like:

1.Calling them "new episodes" (when they clearly are not)
2.They skipped the Johto Leage Championships series (so there were some episodes that I never got to see totally skipped)

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
I'm going through my Japanese AG episodes in an effort to do research for a Hoenn-era fan-comic I'm working on, and I decided to watch 'em in order from the beginning. This is one of about three subbed episodes I have (the rest of them are just raw Japanese without subtitles), so it made following the plot a bit easier, but I suspect I would have enjoyed it anyway. It's been a while since I watched the anime at all, and I'd forgotten how much I love the Japanese voice cast - with the level of devotion they put into their roles, you really feel for the characters and forget that there are people behind a microphone somewhere. That's a feeling I can honestly say I never got with the dub.

My only gripe is that the Rocket-dan's subplot didn't get much screen time. Musashi's crisis of whether or not Pikachu is still worth trying to steal would have been interesting if it'd had more time to shine. As it is, it only amounts to about a minute and a half of the episode. But there's a lot going on in this one, so it's kind of understandable. Oh, and being the MST3K geek I am, I couldn't help but fire off a classic riff from the episode "Alien from L.A." when Haruka screams upon seeing her bike get electrocuted - "It's so implausible! Aaahh!"

This episode has one of my favorite Ookido-Hakase Pokémon Lectures, by the way. That face he gets after Entei roasts him is classic. And speaking of the ending sequence, I'd forgotten what a joy it is to see the credits in their unadulterated Japanese form - on a more serious note, I seriously think that "Because the Sky is There" is the most beautiful song I've ever heard.

Torpoleon

Pretty good but May's dad is a gym leader so she should have a lot of knowledge since her 7 year old brother Max(that is his age as of debut)has more knowledge at the time.But I liked it when the duskull scared May!

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
Pretty good but May's dad is a gym leader so she should have a lot of knowledge since her 7 year old brother Max(that is his age as of debut)has more knowledge at the time.But I liked it when the duskull scared May!

I don't necessarily think Haruka would have to have gained any knowledge of Pokémon training from her father. It strikes me as the type of situation where Senri wants one of his children to follow in the family gym leading business, and Masato just has a greater interest in it than Haruka does.

I have a thread of conversation that I'd like to discuss about this, but I'll save it for when I watch AG003.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
I really liked May's introduction ^_^

I was so worried for Pikachu... when it lept out the window and ran away. And when it bit Ash, I winced. And once again, Team Rocket is responsible for Pikachu trashing another girl's bike!

(Not to mention how worried I was over Prof. Birch's maniacal driving o_o) May interacting with Mudkip was funny, but I'm glad she took Torchic instead. And Ash took a shine to Treecko, didn't he? ^^

Quite good all and all.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I loved May's first episode. May was sure funny back then!

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
another "somebody is getting ill episode", those makers of this series are repeatings this type of epsode again and again, still it was a decent episode though i should not complain.