• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Get The Show On The Road! (277)

Littlemyuu

Nice episode, a good start from Hoenn

milenadrg

I really liked introduction of May...
Man, this episode was kinda sad. I didn't liked the fact Pikachu AGAIN got sick/hurt:(

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I loved Pikachu's "bite" on Ash, and the bike that was burned again...

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I thought that this was a good epidose to start off the new season in Hoenn. I also thought thus was a good introduction for May. I felt bad for Pikachu being sick, and I felt even worse when I found out Pikachu could explode. I found it ironic that Team Rocket was responsible for both making Pikachu sick and curing it. I thought it was funny when Mudkip used Water Gun at May's face. I thought it was cute when Torchic went over and rubbed against May's leg. I thought it was sweet how May didn't bother Ash about her bike (Ash seems to have bad luck with bicycles) when he was with Pikachu. I thought it was interesting how badly May wanted to travel with Ash.

I found it odd how Ash took a boat to Littleroot Town when there is no sea near it.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Nice way to kick off the new series, imo. It's much better than everyone simply meeting each other and deciding to travel together. And it makes anyone new to the show have to check the original series, just to understand why Pikachu is in such a state. Advertising something said and done, yep.

Hey, it's a reference to choosing the Pokemon in RSE! Next generation of games, the professor needs to be on top of a tree like Birch. That's classic.

I forgot how much of a personality Torchic had - it was nice to see it walk up to May and rub affectionately on her leg, especially after the ordeal she had with the Mudkip the day prior =P

Overall, it's a nice way to kick things off, nothing was really missing in the episode besides a Misty reference, and everyone starts off with a clean slate. Very enjoyable.

NES

Flip me to the side!
Recently i watched this episode again, after some years, so i have to say i really enjoyed it! I didn't remember about how green May was, and watching how much she grow up in the series and using pokemon is terrific.

Prof. Birch being chased by wild pokemon and May getting a water gun in the face still makes me laugh.

Nebbio

NINJA!
I haven't seen the episode but I have it in annual.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Certainly an exciting way to start off the Saga in Hoenn. It's not everyday that Pikachu loses control of it's powers and goes on a wild rampage. I really liked May's debut part of this episode the most though. She wasn't too "happy" nor too sad, she was just normal. I guess after seeing Misty, I was expecting something crazier haha. She was kinda clueless about Pokemon though. It was entertaining at least, 8/10.

Last edited:

KGB13

Man of Mystery
It's 2010 and I'm finally watching Pokemon Advance, the season where I left the show. I always like the first episodes because it's the start of a new adventure and this one was good. I like how May doesn't really care for pokemon and has no clue what she's doing, the Mudkip part was funny. I always liked Prof. Birch in the games so it was cool to see him in anime form. Ash was pretty crazy for jumping off that cliff to save Pikachu, but then again, he's Ash. Overall, this was a fantastic first episode and I'm looking forward to watching more.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Pretty good start to Hoenn, I am glad that May chose Torchic (Then rather Brock because it wouldn't have much to do) because it's my favorite Pokemon.

When Mudkip sprayed the water in May's face that was funny it was like "Mudkip, water gun" slowly and then Mudkips like "Okay" and shoots it in her face lol.
Burned bike, de va ju lol, and May convincing Ash to let her go with him with a guilt bomb.

Jorah

What do I put here?
May is here. ♥ This is favorite series in the show but I found this episode to be alright. It wasn't amazing or anything like that but it was a good set up episode. Team Rocket wasn't that annoying in this episode thankfully and I really liked Birch in this episode too. He's my favorite professor thus far since he's so outgoing unlike the other ones (Especially Elm).

G50

No longer posting
This was an ok episode... I'm glad it was TR who fixed Pikachu after they were the ones who made him sick in the 1st place. It was cool seeing the Hoenn Starter Pokemon Mudikp, Torchic, and Treecko for the 1st time. Mudkip using Water Gun on May was very funny. It was cool seeing Poochyena for the 1st time. This was a cool way to introduce May into the Anime.

50/100

Aquarelle

Staff member
I liked May's introduction at the beginning. It was a nice way to get to know her. Oh, and it was funny when the Duskull scared her. :p

I liked how they showed all three Hoenn starters, since this was the first time I saw all three of them.

However, I didn't like how this episode re-used plots used in previous episodes, e.g. with Pikachu destroying a bike, Pikachu being sick. They should be able to come up with ideas that are slightly more original.

RickHoenn

Banned
An amazing start for the Hoenn region. I think May and Birch introductions were nice.

Jesse depressed was hilarious and they healed Pikachu lol.

May choose Torchic as her starter (she disliked Mudkip & Treecko lol), finally Ash & May decide to go to Oldale Town to register in the Hoenn League.

It was an amazing episode. really reminded me of the 1st of the Original Series.

10/10 :D

Miar

Wigglytuff Guild recruit
A fairly nice first episode. A new trainer who doesn't even like Pokémon and a veteran starting over. Beginning of another friendship.

I was worried for Pikachu this episode. Following Johto's downer ending of it falling ill, and acting insane in this one, I was glad it ended well. Nice job fixing it, Team Rocket.

And a charred bike. Can't forget that part (not the reason May's traveling with Ash, though.)

I can't even remember why May wanted to travel with Ash, but......whatever.

I still liked the episode, but why does Pikachu have to be injured in the first episode of every new region?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This is one of my favorite episodes, it introduces one of my favorite character's(May). Plus the Pikachu going crazy was just hilarious

Blessed

A boring episode, another girl who has a bike that get's fried by pikachu. -rolls eyes- Overall I like Prof Birch :)