• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Get The Show On The Road! (277)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
For this ep, seeing May being freaked out by Duskull was one of the scariest parts of the ep and with the idea of Pikachu having too much stored electricity kept it going and put in the real tension. I also remember Professor Birch's Mudkip using Water Gun on May, which was really funny and eventually picked Torchic in this ep. Also remembered the Team Rocket mecha removing electricity from Pikachu, curing the overload and Pikachu frying May's bike using Thunderbolt, like the happening with Misty in the first episode in the entire Pokemon anime.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Ash's start in Hoenn sure was dramatic, but I liked the continuation of Team rocket's previous scheme plus seeing May get scared by a Duskull was fun ha ha. I was glad that the Poochyena chase from the games was kept.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
A decent episode.It was funny to see Team Rocket heal Pikachu by accident.The only part I didn't like was when Mudkip sprayed Water Gun on May and not the Poochyena.
8/10

Gillachu

Banned
I liked how Birch drove like crazy lol, also Littleroot Town had a slight tropical feel to it which was nice unlike how standard most episode settings are. ;)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
also Littleroot Town had a slight tropical feel to it which was nice unlike how standard most episode settings are.

I did notice some palm tress mixed in with regular trees in the background here. It was a nice touch I'll admit cuz it made Hoenn's debut seem special. :3

JudySpell

Banned
May choosing Mudkip's ball and getting soaked was so cute that I wish she had chosen Mudkip as her beginner Pokemon in place of Torchic. 6.5/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
An excellent episode, Haruka is such an interesting character and it's so refreshing to see someone in this world who doesn't like Pokemon that much. If this is the shape of things to come (having only seen the first 2 AG episodes, I don't know) then it will be hard for anyone who watches this series not to like Pokemon, and it might even be worth all the Jouto filler we endured in OS.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
My favorite scene of this episode: May's bike getting wrecked by Pikachu's attack, which seems like a tradition. :)

Well personally since we had already seen Pikachu ruin Misty's bicycle in the past, I didn't think May's bicycle getting the same fate in this episode was that funny. It was bad luck for her tho. ^^;

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
For the start of AG this wasn't amazing, but it was a good set up episode. I really liked Birch in this episode too: he's my favorite professor. I remember watching this in 2003 as a "sneak peek" of AG on Kids WB. :p

Alloutℯ

Banned
A very good beginning to a new journey in the Hoen region. I really like the way May is introduced in this episode, she really doesn't care for Pokemon even though she grew up around them in her dad's gym, but later in the series she becomes a very good coordinator.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I really like the way May is introduced in this episode, she really doesn't care for Pokemon even though she grew up around them in her dad's gym

Presumably she didn't spend much time with Norman's Pokemon, which is reinforced by the fact that she never even saw his Gym matches iirc. :x

Leonhart

Imagineer
Having watched the episode again, I have to admit that I loved how adventurous Odamaki-hakase seemed. He looked rigorous and eager to venture out to do field studies, which was a great contrast to Okido-hakase. His little accident that caused those Pochiena to chase him up a tree was amusing.

Cíconne

Banned
My first impression of May was "Omg, she doesn't actually CARE about Pokemon, she just wants to TRAVEL?". But later on I found myself loving May. She was awesome throughout Hoenn.

Leonhart

Imagineer
My first impression of May was "Omg, she doesn't actually CARE about Pokemon, she just wants to TRAVEL?". But later on I found myself loving May. She was awesome throughout Hoenn.

From my viewpoint, Haruka was portrayed realistically here since her desire to travel and her apathy for Pokemon made sense coming from a novice.

Daizy

I call you honey
I didn't remember how awkward May was and watching how much she grow up in the series is terrific. Jessie's ordeal of whether or not Pikachu was still worth stealing would have been interesting if it'd had more time to shine.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I didn't remember how awkward May was and watching how much she grow up in the series is terrific.

She was uncomfortable around Pokemon here, which was refreshing since we hadn't had a newbie trainer get this much focus since Satoshi himself first began his journey.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
I had forgotten how this episode went, but it's probably the low point of Ash's entire life. Especially compared to later series.

Ash was defeated in Johto, all his friends split up, Gary moved on, and he no longer had direction. He goes off to Hoenn alone by ferry, and Pikachu is not only sick, his LIFE IS IN DANGER.

Compare this to Pikachu's sickness in Unova. Delia and Oak were present, and Juniper's lab was easily accessible. There wasn't nearly as big of a crisis or sense of overpowering isolation.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Doppelgänger said:
ICompare this to Pikachu's sickness in Unova. Delia and Oak were present, and Juniper's lab was easily accessible. There wasn't nearly as big of a crisis or sense of overpowering isolation.

Pikachu getting his electricity absorbed by Zekrom was a minor inconvenience compared to him being physically ill here. It seemed like he could've died here had things not worked out in the end, whereas in Isshu he just couldn't use his Electric-type attacks when he fought Shooti's Tsutarja.