• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Get Your Rotom Running! (573)

RegalStar

Rotom Fridge + Brock + Musical Cue = Hilarious. I shudder to think what the dub might do to it.

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
The dub would ruin the musical cue, as it did to Ambipom's voice, Piplup, Ambipom's voice, the opening theme, generic sound quality and Ambipom's voice.

A kitten falling into a blender sounds better than Ambipom's dub voice.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
The dub would ruin the musical cue, as it did to Ambipom's voice, Piplup, Ambipom's voice, the opening theme, generic sound quality and Ambipom's voice.

A kitten falling into a blender sounds better than Ambipom's dub voice.

When did this turn into a dub-bashing thread? :/

I'm sure the dub would keep something as simple as a musical cue.

RegalStar

I dunno. The dub seems to positively dread moments without any sort of BGM and will do anything to "fix" these moments.

LegendaryRotom

*back on topic*
The last Rotom scene was priceless.

I wouldn't be surprised if this Rotom comes back.Just,the way it ran off after...shocking...eveybody makes me wonder if it'll be one of those pokremon who follows the group around.(Like Jigglypuff) Highly,unlikely,though,of course.

~BUT,IT HAD SUCH A UNIQUE PERSONALITY.You can't deny that.Love it.
I was pretty happy with how he was handled.All we needed was Wash swinging from a chandelier and more Spin,then it would have been the perfect Rotom episode.

Last edited:

Isis-sama

I was a bit confused as to where this thread was at first . . . I didn't notice the new subforum.

Anyway - hopefully Chimchar really will be used in Byron's Gym battle. It should be, but the writers don't always do things that make sense. Now all it has to do is become a Monferno by then.

Not really much about this episode stands out to me . . . with the exception of Rotom shocking Piplup at the end. It's probably mean of me, but . . . LOVE IT. Thank you, misplaced aggression.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Last episode was a highly-important period of not only the clash of the titans, but further evidence toward movie continuity and a main cast evolution.
This episode, on the other hand, was a completely meaningless filler that served absolutely no purpose in advancing the plot other than advertising the new "Forme" gimmick that has hit the franchise.

Holy crap was this a much better episode.

It wasn't amazing, but it was certainly fun. At times, it almost felt like an episode of Scooby-Doo that was actually humorous in this day and age. Rotom in its pure form is certainly smaller than I expected. I actually really like Taguchi, who I've missed for the past 25 episodes. Not extraordinary, but certainly a high-quality AD.

The similarities between Washer Rotom (I refuse to learn its "Forme" names) and Muku.BIRD went well beyond the voice, with Washer Rotom even going as far as colliding head-first with the doorway. Add in the fact that Rotom can turn into a lawn mower, and I think you've got a plausible audition for the role.

It baffles me how nimrods still complain about fillers, given not only their lesser amount nowawdays, but how many of these "fillers" are highly superior to episodes that are truly significant. Case in point: Today's airings.

uber gon

Accept Change
Would this be the first time we see Piloswine's feet?

katfairy

Even only being able to understand about one word in twenty, this was a giggle-fest from start to finish. Maybe the dub won't mess around with it too much?

Gliscor_111

this episode was HILARIOUS
I actually found myself laughing OUT LOUD at numerous parts!!
The Brock-Fridge part was so funny. So.. So funny. And how Rotom would chase after them, first Ash, in mower-form, then Dawn, in fan form, then Ash AND Dawn in oven form... man, just too good! And I also loved the part when Jessie, James, and Meowth were all hiding their food, only to have Rotom eat all of it...
and the part when Pika went after the toaster...

man, this was a good episode. I was a little nervous, because I didn't really like the Darkrai/Cresselia episode (minus Swinub's evolution). this definitely recovered and made it a good hour-long special.
And next week's should be a good episode as well, because we finally get some overdue Grotle training.
All we need now is for Gliscor to shine in some way, and we'll be equal in terms of Ash shafting Pokemon. Maybe Muku could use some more screen time as well..

Cobalt_Latios

Rotom...pwning our Forced Mascott?
OH GOD, BEST EPISODE EVARRR.

Hehe, it looks hilarious. xD I can't wait to watch it later on...and wow, Piloswine is like. Massive. o-O

For some reason, that had me laughing quite a bit...somewhat of a "FAIL" situation.
I'm currently watching it, can't wait! Rotom is gonna be hilarious!!

Wow, I think I love Dawn's Piloswine.

Dawn finally has a Pokemon that isn't small and cute, that alone is cause for celebration. :D
And knocks her down every so often too. Ironic how she neglects it, and now that it's... "evolved" she's gonna use it? Oy...

EDIT: Holy ****! The part with Rotom taking over the fridge everytime Brock turned around was hillarious. Especially the little musical cue it kept playing.
I cannot wait to see this!

Rotom Fridge + Brock + Musical Cue = Hilarious. I shudder to think what the dub might do to it.
I might create a .gif of that for my next sig.

When did this turn into a dub-bashing thread? :/

I'm sure the dub would keep something as simple as a musical cue.
Maybe some sort of Jazzy thing for it. I'm sure they'd do something to keep the comedy. The dub's at least has that for it.

Last episode was a highly-important period of not only the clash of the titans, but further evidence toward movie continuity and a main cast evolution.
This episode, on the other hand, was a completely meaningless filler that served absolutely no purpose in advancing the plot other than advertising the new "Forme" gimmick that has hit the franchise.

Holy crap was this a much better episode.

It wasn't amazing, but it was certainly fun. At times, it almost felt like an episode of Scooby-Doo that was actually humorous in this day and age. Rotom in its pure form is certainly smaller than I expected. I actually really like Taguchi, who I've missed for the past 25 episodes. Not extraordinary, but certainly a high-quality AD.

The similarities between Washer Rotom (I refuse to learn its "Forme" names) and Muku.BIRD went well beyond the voice, with Washer Rotom even going as far as colliding head-first with the doorway. Add in the fact that Rotom can turn into a lawn mower, and I think you've got a plausible audition for the role.

It baffles me how nimrods still complain about fillers, given not only their lesser amount nowawdays, but how many of these "fillers" are highly superior to episodes that are truly significant. Case in point: Today's airings.
Yup, I'm definitely gonna enjoy this.

Would this be the first time we see Piloswine's feet?
I thought for sure Pryce's Piloswine had visible feet.

And now to watch. Edits shall appear whenever I find something amusing.

To start off: Grotle "pummels" Ash, Piloswine "pummels" Dawn. Oh this is already fun.

edit: am I the only one who's unsure if they'd be better off using a boat between islands? The masses of bridges just looks...off. I don't know why, it just does.

Random miner creeps out Ash and co. by saying the house is haunted... oh sure, anything sounds creepy when you use that type of look.

Rotom have a tasty treat at James's expense. Guess he never figured a vacant oven would have a sweet tooth :D. Followed by Jessie, who never thought a fridge might like their food frozen first ;). And Meowth, who finds... a cookie? And apparently that oven still had "room" for more, hehehe. 'Course, they each find their beloved food missing and instantly blame each other. Oh well, at least they fed Rotom.

The door to the mansion ominously opens: who's next? LOL!

O_O the mansion actually looks suspiciously like the one in Eterna forest... well that's mildly clever.

Pikachu proves that he is the most "flexible" of them all. He can even imitate a converted Rotom. However, Rotom has a taste for Rodent (even though, the oven door isn't Rotom's mouth)!

Hehe, Slash proof glass! Guess that "Yokan" stuff must be that tasty if they went through all that trouble to lock it up.

Oh god, now it seems that whenever an opportunity to cook arises, Brock has another "mode". Oh well, at least this one won't get him hurt ^^.

~C_L~

Last edited:

XanderCage

Loose Cannon Cop
Anyone know the reasoning behind Grotle tackling Ash down in the beginning of the episode? It seemed pretty random to me, but then again, I don't understand Japanese.

Cobalt_Latios

Oh god, the best part was watching Ash and Dawn getting attacked by Rotom, questioning their sanity over whether or not they really were being attacked by a murderous lawnmower or a vicious fan, then being repeatedly chased by the other ones.

To top if off, that scene where Rotom possesses the fridge everytime Brock turns his back was gold! True gold! And I called it!!! I so knew they were going to have Ash and Dawn freak out when Rotom was there, and Brock would question their sanity as well. Then Rotom randomly phazes in and out, until Brock himself see's it. Then all hell breaks loose.
Followed by being "flushed" out of the house with both Ash and Dawn zapping that thing to hopefully get it's mischevious "spark" fixed.

Yeah, right. Gotta love it when it zaps Piplup. I think everyone loved that.

And it seems that Brock has this godlike talent for cooking; he uses that recipe and creates perfect Yokan... I'm thinking it's like fudge.

Wow, I knew I'd love it! It's a real shame that many other fillers aren't quite like this. And I'm glad I bothered to look for it so I could watch it. 'Course, I didn't want to pass off an opportunity like this! And I might do the same with the next batch; this arc looks to be fun!

~C_L~

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?
that was the best filler of the serise if you ask me it was really good and you got to see the fare share of all the things rotom turns into...

it was a good kind of filler...althought i wish that it was and old mansion and it was in the Eterna Forest...

Cobalt_Latios

it was a good kind of filler...althought i wish that it was and old mansion and it was in the Eterna Forest...
You have to admit though, that mansion looked an awful lot like the one in Eterna; especially the area with the staircase.

~C_L~

Gliscor_111

it would have been REALLY cool if they had a scene where Ash and Dawn saw the Butler and the little girl. Maybe when they first get off the elevator, they could have looked down the hall and seen it, then they could have gotten distracted, then when they looked back, the butler was gone, just like in the games.

pokefan16

wow this is a fun episode..

well, OMG i think they're hinting that chimchar will be used in the next gymbattle because i think his training chimchar but cutted by a cut rotom lol.. but that not what im so OMG with that but i think they're hinting that buneary will be used in the next contest but i think they're hinting piplup will be used again OMG i hope it will not happen but im ok with buneary