• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Get Your Rotom Running! (573)

Man, my DVR didnt record it. :( Now, I need to go watch it on YouTube. Im dying to check out the new Opening.

But hey, I did get to see the Opening on YouTube. It's alright, but it's new; just got to break it in for awhile. I though there was going to be High Tough edits, but this way is alrigh.

there are recaps on sunday mornings. at 7:30 EST.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Dang, I should've known about those. :p Thanks A_Merry_Snowrunt. Ill make sure to record that ASAP.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was great. The opening theme was quite cool. It was cool to see a Rotom. I always thought he was a cool pokemon overall, but his dub voice was just awful IMO. Not what i would've expected at all.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
This episode was great. The opening theme was quite cool. It was cool to see a Rotom. I always thought he was a cool pokemon overall, but his dub voice was just awful IMO. Not what i would've expected at all.

Actually, from the sounds of it, they kept Rotom's original voices. It seemed to fit though.

I found the dub to be really good. I didn't like it quite so much as the original because of some of the music changes (I loved the quirky BGM they played in the raw whenever Ash or Dawn was chased by one of the Rotom formes). The most important thing was that they kept the dramatic piece for the Brock/Fridge Rotom scene. Another thing I found cute that I didn't mention in the original was Buneary. The poor little thing looked so cute when frightened.

LOL, they made a joke out of one of Juputoru's comments. :D

As for the opening, it won't go down as my all-time favorite, but it works just fine. I feel the same way about this opening like last season's.

Genome

pro-SHARK WEEK
Thank goodness for Sunday morning encores!

Well you two, those are awkward positions to be in.

A Gâteau aficionado at the Château? I DON'T THINK SO!

So the Château is just inviting itself to be a halfway house for really fat guys huh?

Oh dear. An opening theme lacking the QUEST TO BE THE BEST and I'M UNBEATABLE hysteria?

Uh, my Rotom has been acting up lately.

Thanks for ruining my pants, random construction guy.

Eating the wrapper not only adds extra crunch, but just the right dose of PVC.

"I'M MORE OLD RELIABLE THAN YOU WILL EVER HOPE TO BE"

Fridge is on the fritz again.

Ah, the rare enthusiastic Brock about something besides women.

Ash is spitting flames in a gorgeous garden, and Dawn thinks a classical living room makes for an excellent battleground. Yep. All common sense in the world just died. How 'bout that?

Killer Lawnmower. Get Sy Fy on the line! I got a great idea for a new flick!

Afraid of a little water? I would let that Whirlpool™ spin me right round, baby right round like a record that..

I bet Rotom thinks murder is a practical joke. :)

Ash and Dawn, people for the ethical treatment of appliances.

Did they really think Rotom-W was a water type? Or that electric attacks would get their message through Rotom at the least expense?

Normally, electrical shocks leave you with some very straighened spikes.
But due to the fact that their hair is as jagged as....a Raikou's tail, we're all willing to make an exception.

They're gonna regret letting it get away. ROTOM SHALL HAVE HIS REVENGE.

8/10 Rotom is off to a great start. They captured its very ditsy persona(shall I say electric personality?), its ghostly evasive prowess, and the speed it inserts itself into a lines and devices. Not much on the amorphous front, only this. Other ghosts may able to command machines thru psychic or possession, but only Rotom can harness and improve the power of every gear and wire. Such a shame 3 of its forms can only get around by chipping away at their stumps, and are hopeless to recover if ever they are to fall flat on their face. In that regard, it's not the prized fighter I was seeking. :/

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
Finally, I get to write my review, too.

I've gotta say that I do love this great new opening. With countless awesome and heroic scenes taken directly from the Anime, beginning with the threatening Cyrus and the strong Byron and ending with Riley, the great Lucario and the victorious Ash, the video is a rousing compilation which really knocks your socks off and gets you in the right mood.
At first the music somewhat struck me as odd, but the more often I watched it, the more it grew on me and by now, I'm delighted by it!
I'm not lying if I say that this third D/P opening is undoubtedly the best of all three as it combines the best features of both previous openings:
The rousing scenes of the first D/P opening and the great music of the second one. It all comes together and results in a new, unique and fantastic opening which is a huge pleasure to watch!

And now let's go on with the episode itself:
To be honest I felt a teensy bit bored during the first 5-8 minutes as seemingly nothing exciting happened. At the latest when Ash started training, however, the episode got going. Seeing Ash and Dawn being scared and chased around by all those Rotom forms sure was funny and entertaining. And this leads me to the question which Rotom form was my favorite one: Well, it's hard to decide but I guess I'll choose the Lawnmower and the Washing Machine Rotom. The former because of its mischievous look and the latter because of its powerful attacks and its firefighter-like battling style.

But folks, please tell me: What in the world is a gateau? I've already known that it's some kind of cake, but I've neither heard of nor tasted it yet. Is it an originally American kind of biscuits? I've really become curious to taste it as it sure seemed to be delicious.

ok back to the plot: Well, the idea of a Pokemon bringing appliances to life is unique. If I had to criticize something, I'd probably complain that for a haunted house episode, it was too little scary. Maybe I raised my expectations a bit too high, but it could have had one shocking moment or two here and there. I'm talking about episodes like "Ghoul Daze", if you know what I mean

Poor Rockets! Even if they aren't up to any mischief and don't get blasted off (which probably happens once per season) they end up coming off worst. You sometimes can't help pitying them^^

A decent and entertaining episode and I the start of a great season which will hopefully exceed all expectations once more.

6.5 out of 10 points

I thought the episode was funny. I liked Rotom's sneaky laugh and persona. It made me giggle...

New opening was alright. Good to say the most.

TR eating display-food only made me lol. And every time Rotom changed back and forth to terrorize everyone was great.

Overall, 8/10. Great job to make a (legendary?) Pokemon give comedy relief.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
This episode was just as good dubbed as it was in Japanese. They kept Rotom's original voice. When I first saw it, I commented on how Wash Rotom sounded like Muku.BIRD. Now people got to hear how it sounded.

Looks like no one brought it up again, but I absolutely loved when Ash and Dawn found Brock. Buneary is hiding behind Pikachu. Absolutely adorable!!

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
It was actually a good episode, although I was expecting the Fan Forme to appear more. But nonetheless, I enjoyed every single scene in it, from the scene in the garden with Mow Forme to the one in the corridors of the mansion with the Toaster Forme.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
This was kinda boring filler episode too me. I wish Brock caught rotom.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I finally got to watch it, and it's awesome. I like it, and it's funny. :D Rotom as a Fridge was my favorite form. Plus, that electrician doing the "Spooky Rumor" telling was both creepy and hilarious.

I've definitley got to watch this episode again. But Im excited for this saturdays episode.

glalieguy

Almost there, buddy.
This ep was funny. I liked it when Pika saw Rotom for the first time... then nobody believed him that it was a pokemon. But my fave part was when Rotom electrocuted Piplup. :D

Deicario

I believe I can fly.
This episode was hilarious. A nice normal filler. And the new theme song wasn't half bad either. But honestly that construction worker was...odd.
9/10.
Rank Up!

CrazyYanmega

The scene where Rotom was trying to be apologetic was so cute.
"mi-mi-mi-mi-mi-mi-mi-mi" *sweatdrop*

Rebeccag

Quite enjoyed this episode. Enjoyed Ash and Dawn being chased by the Rotum was funny and also when Team Rocket were looking for the yoghurt and James found the candy bar. I liked the Rotum lawmower i think the best esp when it attacked Ash Pikachu and Chimchar

pokeLOVE

<-Cute Dunsparce Huh
It was a great episode i could watch it again I liked the part when pikachu tryed to show ash the rotom. and when ash and dawn where trying to show brock that was funny!!

Jster786

Ace Trainer
Jster786

What I found funny was the 3 second clip of Plioswine on top of Dawn twitching; it just looked so wrong! Dawn looked content, Ash and Brock were staring, and Prof. Oak was cringing. I just laughed and laughed...