• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gettin' Twiggy With It (473)

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Is it just me or did the old woman's face not look right. Maybe it's because it was the still pictures.

Beware of the hyperactive snapping turtle. We'll have to see how it turns out.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Is it just me or did the old woman's face not look right. Maybe it's because it was the still pictures.

It was just the way her mouth was positioned methinks. Way too close to her chin, and the odd 'wrinkle' at the side didn't really help matters. It looked like the poor old girl had dislocated her jaw or something.

This best part of this episode was when Naetle's Tackle attack managed to send Maskippa flying into Team Rocket, resulting in an explosion, of all things. I was expecting Naetle to make the first move, with Pikachu finishing the gang with some random electric assault. But the non-sensical strangeness of a small turtle causing such a reaction by simply charging into the foe rocked~

Otherwise, I thought this episode was as bland as hell, barring one or two expressions and the whole 'latch onto Pika's tail' thing. Though to be fair, it's not like Bulbasaur, Chikorita or Treeko had it any better.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
This best part of this episode was when Naetle's Tackle attack managed to send Maskippa flying into Team Rocket, resulting in an explosion, of all things. I was expecting Naetle to make the first move, with Pikachu finishing the gang with some random electric assault. But the non-sensical strangeness of a small turtle causing such a reaction by simply charging into the foe rocked~
And to those who have been paying attention since, oh, the Weavile episode, the fact that such a thing creates an explosion is no surprise at all. I'm fully expecting TR's balloon to explode just because Ash shouts at them any day now.

Haven't actually seen the episode in any form other than pictures, I can safely say these things:
A)Naetle's awesome once you push the "BULBASAUR CLONE" bit out of your head.
B)If Naetle keeps its "HEEEEEEeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEELLLLLLP" voice from its first appearence, that will be all too appropriate. Think about it for a moment.
C)The fact that they've made two starters(one I already like, one I was ambivalent about) highly amusing(whether it LASTS or not, though...) gives me high hopes for the starter I'm not all that fond of - Hikozaru. Okay, we've seen the thing twice, once in the lab and once with Shinji, but I'm sure beneath its first forgettable appearences(Sure, it had a hand in destroying the lab, but that's only because Reckless Warrior Pocchama started firing Explosionbubble Beams at it) lies a Pokemon that can still catch my interest with some personality or another.

At any rate, this ep is excellent fodder for one of my sumamry things that you people like for some reason. Oh yes.

pikachu146

Well,Ash finally got a D/P starter.This Naetoru looks like a strong pokemon,and it can heal itself.

Last edited:

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
where can i see the ep?!?!?!?
...In Japan. :\

Anyway, watched the episode yesterday. And I was adequately pleased with it.

Naetle was so damn adorable. It seemed to project a wide range of emotions - being tough when trying to protect Pikachu from Rocket Gang, showing guilt when he finds out that Satoshi is Pikachu's trainer (it beat the crap out of him when he was trying to get Pikachu back...), and showed its appreciation by biting Satoshi's head...in appreciation! ;P I admit that this episode seemed to remind me alot of the episode where Satoshi caught Fushigidane (maybe because it's a grass type starter, and it originally belonged to someone else?), though. But really, personality-wise, he's actually nothing like Fushigidane (Fushigidane was protrayed as a tough protector of orphaned Pokemon when it was introduced. Naetle is more of an energetic, emotional, "I'll act tough because I want to" kind of Pokemon). I guess I liked the battle at the end (Naetle seems to be a good and capable fighter. I think it's kind of interesting that Satoshi has a Pokemon that knows a recovery move, Synthesis, in his party now).

...AND I'VE HAD IT WITH THESE F*CKING RANDOM EXPLOSIONS. ;_;

[IMG139]http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/784/vlcsnap39123pp1.png[/IMG139] [IMG139]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/4976/vlcsnap39222um0.png[/IMG139]

:\

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
A)Naetle's awesome once you push the "BULBASAUR CLONE" bit out of your head.

It's fairly depressing when we have to force ourselves to push the "clone" mentality out of our heads while watching the D/P series.

Between Aipom's crush on Ash being a rehash of Bayleef, Naetoru being somewhat like Bulbasaur, (although he'll be different when it evolves), Hikari basically being May with a new coat of paint, and Maskippa being another Victreebel, it's gotten really dire.

What's even more depressing is the amount of psychotic Misty fans "rising from the grave" to praise this series because this girl did not replace their precious Misty. After making fools of themselves for all of AG, they only embarrass themselves further when they show their faces nowadays.

Was a good episode though, at any rate.

Blaziryu

After seeing the pics of this episode, I can tell that the show's writers have really lost it. Naetoru is just a fake as# Bulbasaur.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
After seeing the pics of this episode, I can tell that the show's writers have really lost it. Naetoru is just a fake as# Bulbasaur.
How? Because it can solve a dispute by tackling pokemon causing them to faint. It's personality isnt much like Bulbasaur's. The only similarity between it is it knows how to solve a dispute just like alot of Ash's pokemon are capable of doing. Its' moveset is fairly different and has very non-bulbasaur quirks to it.
This best part of this episode was when Naetle's Tackle attack managed to send Maskippa flying into Team Rocket, resulting in an explosion, of all things.
I dont know ever since the start of D/P random things have happened. Pocchama's bubblebeams cause smoke and explosions, Ariados' sludge when it hit the ground caused fire to erupt, Pocchama flew a tiny bit above the ground shooting bubblebeams at Seviper, Cacnea and Dustox and that somehow caused them to get damaged heavily.

Considering the writers seem to be ignoring Team Galaxy and don't even want to introduce them, they have to make JJ&M a tad more violent than usual to make it seem like they're under a real threat.
To be fair TG doesnt appear till after the first gym badge and then in nearly every town. If appear in a blue moon and they only show up about as often as TM/TA did then I'd say ignoring them. Also TR isnt being more violent at all remember the Kanto days. Remember all the times when they'd throw bombs at Ash & co. Remember Squirtle's episode when the Squirtle Squad betrayed TR and TR dropped bombs down at Squirtle and it couldnt get up so Super Ash had to run back and save it.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
So it looks like Ash is getting pokemon one after the another again. Interesting.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Aww - I love Naetle, lol. I think I may pick him as my starter on Diamond and Pochama on Pearl.

LOL - there's that Team Rocket in a Magikarp ship again, lol..I was wondering when that was going to return. (I wonder when Team Galaxy will ever be brought in to the series...what exactly are their "evil" plans?)

Aww - Ash immediately ran to the Linoone, he showed Hikari how he cares for Wild Pokémon :D

This was a good episode - even though I already knew Ash was going to get Naetle from the opening ~ it's sorta Cliche, but atleast Naetle doesn't act stuckup like Treecko did.

~Scott;229;

Aw, I think Naetle's pretty cool. It's clear he doesn't trust Ash at first(I think he thought Ash was wth TR. That, or he didn't really trust humans.), but once he convinces Naetle that Pikachu is his Pokémon, he 'Naetle's what is pretty much Poké-speak for "gomennasai...;_;". Kawaii~ ^^ He also seems to have a bit of a justice issue, as the dispute with Geodude and Mankey showed.XD

Poor Ash, he temporarily forgets twice that he's in the water in order to tell Pikachu to Thunderbolt and Iron Tail.XD Also, he's gonna have a Psyduck-sized headache if Naetle keeps biting him on the head like that!:p

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Jesus, upon watching this episode again, Hikari and Brock were awfully bland in this episode.

Hikari is acting like May at the worst point of her run, when she was somewhat bland in the fillers of BF. Jeez, it isn't a good sign when we're only 5 episodes in and Hikari reminds you of the blandness of Johto Misty and filler episode May.

She showed a lot of spunk and promise in D/P #1-3, what the hell happened to it?