• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gettin' Twiggy With It (473)

Kuroshi

As others have said, this episode was very similar to Bulbasaur's debut episode, right down to Turtwig battling Ash before going with him.
Turtwig was fun, it's too bad he kinda goes generic later in DP.

Team Rocket was really funny in this episode, and Carnivine's voice gives it super random explosion powers!

Medea

Excalibur
Hmm...I kinda zoned out of the episode halfway through because it reminded me too much of the Bulbasaur episode way the hell back in the first season. But again, glad to see Ash got the grass type starter of this region.

*Bulbasaur
*Chikorita/Bayleef
*Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile
*Turtwig

Wynaut?

Aw, this was a nice little episode. I like what they did with Turtwig personality-wise and seeing Pikachu trying to shake Turtwig off of it's tail was a laugh.

And yeah, I saw the similarities with Bulbasaur's episode too, but I wasn't complaining much :)

scissorX

I really disliked how they set Turtwig up to have some personality in this episode. But then again I really liked the personality that was shown.

Paradise Sky

Muahaha.
Am I the only one who found the old lady to be creepy and suspicious? She looked like she talked out of the corner of her mouth! Half the episode I was expecting her to tear of her costume, revealing her to be Jessie, and steal Pikachu!

RageKaiser

Chespin :D
This entire episode's music made me want to slam my head into a wall.
I am getting SO SICK of that crappy instrumental crap that PUSA is replacing ALL the music with. I counted maybe 2 original pieces of music in the episode. I may be off by one though.

Other than that, I like Turtwig's voice it is cute.
Still loving the TR motto except for the "In your ear" stuff x_x;

Pearl's Perap

Turtwig made this episode for me, obviously, his voice is cute, his attitude towards well...people he likes is just adorable.

One thing about this episode that p*ssed me off, was Team Rocket, I'm sick of the new motto already, it really is terrible, especially Meowth's parts...the only good thing brought by T.R in this episode was Carnivine, who I am falling in love with each time it is shown...

Glad Ash caught Turtwig rather than one of the other starters OR all the starters, like with Kanto/Johto.

7/10

flyboy1308

Coming Ta Town
IT is a rip-off of the Bulbasode.

npdargy312

Master Coordinator
seems a bit early 4 Ash 2 already have 4 pokemon but w/e

Rebeccag

Ive only had the chance to see this episode this morning but I liked it ^_^. It did remind me a bit of the bulbasaur episode in Kanto but I do like Turtwig espically its voice ^_^
The old lady was a bit strange though but it made me laugh how it kept clamping down on Ashs hat and then Turtwig carried on doing that in the next episode ^_^
Overall a okish episode but a good capture episode

palkia1

Palkia Lover
Well i just saw this episode for the first time today and it so reminds me of the episode where Ash caught Bulbasaur. Just when Turtwig and Pikachu were on the battlefield, it seemed like Pikachu and Bulbasaur all over again.

That being said i liked this episode considerably better. Turtwig's voice is awesome and i love that Ash caught it (it being one of my fave Pokemon) even though i hate Ash. I loved seeing Turtwig get a main role in the show. Let's hope there's no Chimchar though i'm sure there will be (beside Paul's).

Carnivine's voice was also cool but it was also used in a previous episode. I just loved Turtwig in this episode. It was so awesome

Alf Tuggy

One of my favorite D and P episodes,Turtwig(Tuggy)is one of my favorites.

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
Of course, Geodude was right. Turtwig's good at doing a Razor leaf since maybe all the grass-type starters could learn that move. Well, back to the episode, I think Ash obtained his first grass-type Pokemon in Sinnoh after catching Naetoru(Turtwig).

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I think they could have done without the rehash of Bulbasaur's original episode, but the whole thing with Turtwig's penchant for biting is pretty funny, even if we don't see it very often.

I liked that they started this epsiode a bit different than usual, with Team Rocket already having stolen Pikachu and the twerps pursuing them. I like the look on Turtwig's face too when Pikachu's tail lights up for an iron tail while it has its mouth clamped on the tail. LOL

Rommath

▲_▲
The Bulbasaur re-hash wasn't needed, the writers should at least try something different.
The biting bit was funny but now that Turtwig's, well, no longer one, I doubt it could pull it off now, without possibly cracking Ash's skull.

Turtwig was a funny Pokemon in this episode and beyond though, I found.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I like Turtwig, i think it's cute how it bites onto Ash's head to show that it cares.

The way it looked after Pikachu, kind of reminded me of how Bulbasaur was the first time Ash met it.