• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gettin' Twiggy With It (473)

RickHoenn

Banned
Yup! Ash catch his 2nd Sinnoh poke, Turtwig, it was my 1st poke in Platinum! I love it! :D <333

Nice ep overall, it reminded me of Bulbasaur hidden village :( nostalgic!!!

9.5/10

From the pictures, this episode looks entertaining. Sadly, though, the moment I saw Naetle, I knew it was similar in personality. I'm glad, though, that it has its own defining characteristics.

And Ash's Pokemon seem in love with his hat...

I was thinking the exact same thing!

At first I thought that Turtwig was only the second Pokemon Ash has caught this season (not including Pikachu, he's always with him). But I always forget that he has Aipom with him as well.

I think I'm the first one to point this out but, did anyone else find it adorable how Turtwig was sitting with Ash in that one scene?

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Ash's Turwig had more speed than an ordinary Turtwig

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool to see Ash befriend Turtwig and then keep it. It was cool that Turtwig knows Synthesis. Finally 1 of Ash's Pokemon know their own healing move. It's cool and unexpected that Turtwig knows Bite attack. It's funny how Turtwig just loves to bite Ash's head for affection. Turtwig is one quick Pokemon.

43/100

Well....the episode was.......interesting......

I did like that Ash got Turtwig. n_n

Poor Turtwig (or Torterra). I really think he should have been the star of Sinnoh instead of Ugly Monkey. Oh well. This was a nice episode.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I love this episode. Ash catches Turtwig, one of my favorite Pokemon in this series :D. The battle between Turtwig and Pikachu also kinda reminds me of Bulbasaur vs Pikachu back in the 1st season.
I give this a 9/10

Last edited:

NPT

Just a member
It's cool to see Turtwig defending those wild Pokémon, Turtwig reminded me of Bulbasaur and Treeko....who also protected wild Pokémon in their debut episodes. I'm glad Ash got a Turtwig for his team, it's funny when Turtwig was playfully bit his head.

Last edited:

phanpycross

God-king
This episode was shockingly bad, the dub was at a low point with characters, who could barely say their lines.

Turtwig is my favorite sinnoh starter, and it's just like i thorght it would be.

Too bad it got shafted once chimchar came into the fray.

Turtwig acting like a "leader" to the other Pokemon as was mentioned in the episode. reminds me of Ash's Bulabsaur's role back at Oak's lab.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Turtwig freeing Pikachu from its cage after Team Rocket's failed scheme at the start was cool. In general, I was really impressed by how Ash's Turtwig handled itself here; I even laughed when it griped James's Carnivine with his jaws after he and Pikachu escaped from Team Rocket's sub. I didn't like the way it bit Ash's head though; it made me cringe.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I loved this episode, Turtwig was awesome. It really reminded me alot of Ash's Bulbasaur, with it acting like a mediator and such. 10/10

JudySpell

Banned
Turtwig was basically a Bulbasaur clone only better looking. I knew Ash would catch him but I wish he didn't bite Ash's head. 6/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow Turtwig kind of reminded me of Bulbasaur with his personality at first. I definitely had a feeling that Ash would catch it however once they had bonded a little and it was cool seeing Carnivine use Bullet Seed. ^^

Turtwig nibbling on Ash's head was kawaii and reminded me of James's Carnivine + I was happy when Ash captured Turtwig as his newest Sinnoh Pokemon.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I liked that they started this epsiode a bit different than usual, with Team Rocket already having stolen Pikachu and the twerps pursuing them. I liked the look on Turtwig's face too when Pikachu's tail lights up for an Iron Tail while it has its mouth clamped on the tail.