• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Getting a Legend?! Search for Suicune, the Guardian Deity of Water!! (1142)

I disagree, the choice to merge the 2 isn't inherently a bad idea, they just aren't writing it well but I've already posted enough about that haha , and you did say "a goh focused episode" so that does link it to goh's existence in a way, but fair you didn't say it specifically like that.

But even then, why not address that you made a mistake about the second part of my post? We can still discuss here while being open to other opinions and our own mistakes, keeps it more lighthearted n fun ya know
We can blame the writing but I feel like the writers have very little choice right now. They have to make Ash look bad so that Go can be a hero. Ash can be preoccupied with other things(like fighting TR) but that'd get boring really fast.
I better never hear anyone even reference Iris’ Dragonite being unearned or unfair compared to Ash.
Or many of Go's mons
I think it's more like a self-made rule that Ash is the protagonist and veteran of the show for being in every series and his companions are all newbies or inferior to him. So if anyone had to get the legendaries or pseudo-legendaries first, it has to be Ash for being the most experienced of the cast.
Yep. That only works IRL.

Watershuriken97

We can blame the writing but I feel like the writers have very little choice right now. They have to make Ash look bad so that Go can be a hero. Ash can be preoccupied with other things(like fighting TR) but that'd get boring really fast.

I mean, if they had taken the time to do a serious tournament (not 1 episode like vs korrina) by now, or if they kept using character of the day battles with ash using more pokemon than pikachu/riolu to show his tournament progression and the development of his mons on screen, i think there would be a lot less complaints about how ash is being treated. Or an episode specifically about ash training on a new move with any of his pokemon so they feel like characters, not filled party slots, there are so many options which can be done in small moments.

I'm not saying it's easy not to have ash take the backseat in episodes where goh needs to grow, but i'm not really talking about how every episode is written, it's about how the show as a whole is written... They rid themselves of the gym challenge, and they even got rid of being stuck in the school setting, and yet they stick themselves to wasting minutes of screentime by almost always starting at the lab in the beginning and the end of episodes... It's just a letdown since this series started off so promising

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Hmm. You know. This would have worked better as a Goh only episode compared to the Celebi episode. At least if that was the case, they wouldn't have to create such artificial tension by limiting Ash to Pikachu and Lucario. If his whole team was out, those Pokémon Hunters wouldn't have been such a threat.

I don't mind when Goh has cool moments in general, but it's when they create dumb ways to separate the boys like when TR stalled Ash in both the Zapdos and Aerodactyl episodes just so Goh could have his solo moments. Also, having Ash be depressed in the Flygon episode.

Goh struggling against the Pokémon Hunters on his own and facing genuine hardship would have been awesome! Maybe then we wouldn't have glossed over the Drowzee capture like they did.

Goh's progress is too fast without really seeing genuine work put in besides just tossing a ball at everything at first glance. I think that's where my main issue is. I mentioned it in my last post, if Suicune had been a recurring Pokémon and Goh earned its trust over various episodes it would have been fine.

Why? Dragonite at least had a biggest feat than Goodra, and will not face a Fairy type Pokémon of a trainer with an unbelievable curve progression or a Pokémon with OHKO moves
I love Dragonite but Korrina having a mega lucario, does not mean that she is automatically stronger than Clemont and Luxray

NPT

Just a member
Wait, what? Goh got a freaking Suicune just like that? You've got to be kidding me.
Who... who in their right mind thought this episode was a good idea?!

I've had enough. After this disaster of an episode I can no longer tolerate Goh and his stupid goal anymore. I want him gone NOW!

Legendaries are a freaking joke now.

Last edited:

Sulfurian

In the defense of Ash not catching legends he befriended, he would often gain their trust without the help of a Pokeball, so they wouldn't just simply let Ash catch them after. Here GO caught it in a ball, meaning he could probably reach Suicune easier because it is still technically tamed by him. (If that is actually how Pokeballs work)

It is entirely the anime's fault for making legendary Pokémon so ridiculous and rare that the idea of catching an iconic one (melmetal is just a lame registeel) in the anime is just absurd. I think they want to mend that reputation, but the way they did it in this episode doesn't feel right.

Go is still a novice, the fact that he -did- technically steal the hunter's suicune with a pokeball is weird. Imagine if you lowered a rayquaza to a red hp color just for some random trainer to catch it with a lucky pokeball. Then again the anime does a bad job of explaining the "proper" way of catching Pokémon. Apparently it was wrong to lure suicune out of hiding and weakening it with lots of people, but oh God when kids do it against lugia that was fine.

Go could have at least used an ultra ball...

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Legendaries are a freaking joke now.
I think most legendaries in the Hoopa movie got treated like jokes, especially against the Evil Hoopa and they barely show themselves anything. At least in this episode, it takes a whole team of poachers to trap Suicune. And the legendary is probably clueless what the Pokeball does to him or it's so impressed to Goh's godlike Pokeball throwing skills that it just tags along.

RafaSceptile

In the defense of Ash not catching legends he befriended, he would often gain their trust without the help of a Pokeball, so they wouldn't just simply let Ash catch them after. Here GO caught it in a ball, meaning he could probably reach Suicune easier because it is still technically tamed by him. (If that is actually how Pokeballs work)

It is entirely the anime's fault for making legendary Pokémon so ridiculous and rare that the idea of catching an iconic one (melmetal is just a lame registeel) in the anime is just absurd. I think they want to mend that reputation, but the way they did it in this episode doesn't feel right.

Go is still a novice, the fact that he -did- technically steal the hunter's suicune with a pokeball is weird. Imagine if you lowered a rayquaza to a red hp color just for some random trainer to catch it with a lucky pokeball. Then again the anime does a bad job of explaining the "proper" way of catching Pokémon. Apparently it was wrong to lure suicune out of hiding and weakening it with lots of people, but oh God when kids do it against lugia that was fine.

We only had 2 instances where a trainer used an Ultra Ball in the anime: Gladion's Lycanroc and Leon trying to catch Eternatus.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I mean Suicune was minding its own business, while "Lugia" pretty much challenged everyone just to flex on them (and tbh this makes more sense after the reveal that it was mew, considering Mew did that kind of stuff in JN ep 1 too)

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

Melmetal isn't lame