• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Getting a Legend?! Search for Suicune, the Guardian Deity of Water!! (1142)

Blood Red

【推しの子】
All this BS tells me is that they could have had Ash catch a legend at literally any time and just chose not to. 0/10 could care less. That little montage also tells me that he's going to get other legends too, just barf in every sense of the word.

What sucks is, nobody would've cared if the writers had ended Ash's story and started this anime off with a fresh start, in a different universe. Times changed, and so did the priorities of this show (for example, it's more of a PoGo advert now), but the writers were cowards and couldn't let go of the show's past either. So now we have a show that's more about Goh, but with Ash and the rest of the show's two-decade history hanging on as deadweight, and to remind us how a Legend wasn't just something you caught because you 'rescued it from a poacher'.

I bet if this wasn't the same series that never let Ash get a single Legend even though he more than deserved it, people wouldn't mind as much.

Last edited:

charinija

Pokemon Master
Wow, Ash spends over two decades saving the world and rescuing Legendary Pokémon, without even catching a single one. Now this inexperienced kid steps in and catches a Legend, just like that.

There is no legendary Pokemon that Ash has not met and is not friends with.

One of them didn't want to stay with him for 20 years.

An inexperienced rookie bought the legendary pokemon.

What a logic.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Plot armor is still a terrible, and cheap plot device though.

It is, but they’ve already had goh very quickly become a competent battler who stands side by side with ash anyways. So the bridge was already crossed.

This however just kind of spits on eveything ash and his former companions did for the various legendaries and mythicals. Because apparantly none of that compares to some berries.

Even if we discount all the movies, at very least nebby could’ve done the same for ash before it peaced out.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
It is, but they’ve already had goh very quickly become a competent battler who stands side by side with ash anyways. So the bridge was already crossed.

This however just kind of spits on eveything ash and his former companions did for the various legendaries and mythicals. Because apparantly none of that compares to some berries.

Even if we discount all the movies, at very least nebby could’ve done the same for ash before it peaced out.

Inconsistent and poor writing, with horrible pacing. It does make some sense that Goh would grow a lot quicker than Ash, since he's traveling around with someone who’s a regional Champion, but...where's the training episodes? Why didn't they give us a few episodes of Ash teaching Goh how to be a better battler, and maybe showing him some of the strategies that eventually made him a Champ? Why didn't they upgrade Goh's Pokéballs to Ultras?

As for Suicune, that stuff's just inexcusable. Goh didn't need to catch blue doggo just yet; there's still hundreds of mons he needs to catch before he's just run out of things aside from Legendary Pokémon.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
They don't give him legendaries because it's a classic underdog tale. Why is this difficult to grasp?

I'm sorry but if the main character can't get one because he might be OP as if he fully hasn't defeated legends before proving that his can get defeated too, then his newb sidekick who's been a trainer for all of 5 minutes sure as hell shouldn't have one smh.

Morax

King of heroes
I'm sorry but if the main character can't get one because he might be OP as if he fully hasn't defeated legends before proving that his can get defeated too, then his newb sidekick who's been a trainer for all of 5 minutes sure as hell shouldn't have one smh.
Gou will never use suicune for anything. Throwing a pokeball at a pokemon doesn't make him stronger than ash, that's a retarded argument.

Inconsistent and poor writing, with horrible pacing. It does make some sense that Goh would grow a lot quicker than Ash, since he's traveling around with someone a regional Champion, but...where's the training episodes? Why didn't they give us a few episodes of Ash teaching Goh how to be a better battler, and maybe showing him some of the strategies that eventually made him a Champ? Why didn't they upgrade Goh's Pokéballs to Ultras?

As for Suicune, that stuff's just inexcusable. Goh didn't need to catch blue doggo just yet; there's still hundreds of mons he needs to catch before he's just run out of things aside from Legendary Pokémon.
Oh boy, i'd love to see an entire episode on Gou playing darts!

Kaye Cruiser

They don't give him legendaries because it's a classic underdog tale. Why is this difficult to grasp?
I can think of two reasons. One is that Ash himself has beaten Legendaries numerous times before in the past and even commanded them as well. They're not all this "end all, be all" OP answer to everything.

Secondly, let's be real here. Ash hasn't been an underdog for nearly a decade at this point. The last time he was one was in Best Wishes. Ash has been treated as a pro battler for the majority of XY&Z, SM and Journeys since it's after his League win and victory over Kukui and Tapu Koko. The underdog story is over and now it's about reacher grander heights beyond that.

Well, it should be, anyways. But they clearly have other things they want to focus on right now even though nobody was asking for something like Go when SM ended.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Gou will never use suicune for anything. Throwing a pokeball at a pokemon doesn't make him stronger than ash, that's a retarded argument.

Oh boy, i'd love to see an entire episode on Gou playing darts!

First of all don't use the R word it is highly disrespectful and a slur. Second of all, no where did I argue that Goh was stronger then Ash. Pikachu can be Goh with one arm tied behind his back, that literally wasn't my point.

Morax

King of heroes
I can think of two reasons. One is that Ash himself has beaten Legendaries numerous times before in the past and even commanded them as well. They're not all this "end all, be all" OP answer to everything.

Secondly, let's be real here. Ash hasn't been an underdog for nearly a decade at this point. The last time he was one was in Best Wishes. Ash has been treated as a pro battler for the majority of XY&Z, SM and Journeys since it's after his League win and victory over Kukui and Tapu Koko. The underdog story is over and now it's about reacher grander heights beyond that.

Well, it should be, anyways. But they clearly have other things they want to focus on right now even though nobody was asking for something like Go when SM ended.
The moral of the story is "hard work is the key to success" and Ash is the embodiment of that. He represents the idea that even if you lack the talent, hard work can lead you to success. Now if you give him super strong pokemon (legendaries) then that makes him privileged which goes against the narrative.

D

Deleted member 384931

They are destroying everything that legendary stood for. I dont hate Gou because he caught a pokemon. I hate the idea he caught a Suicune of all things. A legendary pokemon. Why does Gou deserve that and Satoshi's other companions dont?

Last edited by a moderator:

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
The moral of the story is "hard work is the key to success" and Ash is the embodiment of that. He represents the idea that even if you lack the talent, hard work can lead you to success. Now if you give him super strong pokemon (legendaries) then that makes him privileged which goes against the narrative.
Now Ash should try to beat Leon with a magikarp.