• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Getting a Shiny Charmander

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just re-started my Fire Red game because I want to try and get a shiny Charmander. I know that there is a 1 in 8,000 something chance of getting it but I figure I'd try anyways. So I've got a few questions as to how to go about doing this:

1) When I press A while looking at one of the starter pokemon, a picture of that pokemon comes up. Does this picture represent if they are shiny or not? Or do I have to look at the summary of that pokemon to find out?

2) Can I save the game right in front of the pokeball containing Charmander and get a different one every time I reset? Or will it always be the same unshiny Charmander?

3) Is there an easier way to get a shiny Charmander? Such as breeding a Charizard with another shiny pokemon.

4) Is there a way to turn off the "previously on your quest..." scenes to speed up the reset time.

5) Is it even possible to get a shiny Charmander this way?

6) Is it easier to get a shiny Charmander by breeding as opposed to turning off the game and trying again?

7) In case I give up is there anyone who has a shiny Charmander who is willing to trade over the Nintendo Wi-Fi service once they get Diamond/Pearl? The only shiny I have right now is a Crobat.

I have an Emerald version and a Fire Red which I just restarted.

pyreshade

1)no you have to use it in battle or look at the status page
2)im not sure about this one try and see 3 times if u get all the same nature its the same charmander if not it has the chance to be shiny
3) the chances are the same with breeding as they are with resetting ( exept in second generation games ( silver gold crystal)
4) press B
5)yes
6) not really some people prefer breeding tho

Well, there's got to be someone out there who has a cloned shiny Charmander ;), so you can try that..

EdrickV

Wanderer
Personally I'll SR for a female starter and decide if I want to try and breed for a shiny later. Gender's a lot easier to get then shiny. (I've done that for other unique Pokemon too, like Lapras and Eevee.)

The way I see it, the breeding method lets you go on and play the game for a while and not be stuck at that one point till you finally get a shiny. (On the other hand, with Fr/Lg it's a while before you get breeding capability.)

Well, there's got to be someone out there who has a cloned shiny Charmander ;), so you can try that..

Okay well I'm gonna add to my question then:

Has anyone out there cloned a shiny Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard and is willing to trade over Nintendo Wi-Fi?

pokyfreak

im tryin to get one too

The Wizard of LOZ

THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!
I have one, if you make a good offer I will trade, I only just got mine on Saturday, it was by accident too, my sister waqs playing my Leafgreen and chose charmander OMG it was shiny.

benhamini

Blademaster
yea if you have breeding capability in fr/lg just breed the crap out of a charmander/charmeleon/charizard until you either get one or run out of money lol.

Torterra-417

Worship the willow!
1. No
2. Yes; it will be different every time you soft-reset
3. No
4. Press 'B'
5. Yes, but it's extremely rare
6. No
7. Not me, I don't quite have Diamond yet

Hope this helps.

**** You **** You **** You **** You **** You **** You **** You **** You **** You **** You **** You **** You **** You **** You **** You **** You

Shiny Rokon

i think breeding is the better way to go, you can train and do other things with other pokemon while waiting, cause you have to receive and walk it every time, but possibly restarting is faster then.

Status
Not open for further replies.