• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Getting, Skipping or Canceling Pre-Orders (Poll)

LET'S GO getting the games, skipping these games, or decided to cancel your preorder.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Personally I don’t preorder games. I like to see all the content out on the table first.

But yeah I’ll probably get it. I mean it is Kanto after all.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Fact is the Pokemon series means something completely different to each of us. Everyones had their own adventures and experiences throughout these many generations.

Some people want to return to Kanto, some don't. The developers are the ones driving this ship and as fans we're along for the ride.

PJwizard

While i'm probably getting one i'll probably wont pre-order. Wait a couple of days after release and see how it goes. I play pokemon go quite alot but im mostly curious about the gameplay.

It might be just me but i think pokemon lets go is mostly a filler to get some sprites going and testing the new engine before they make a fully fledged nintendo switch pokemon game. I got no problems playing red/blue again but upgraded but i really wanna see more before i buy.

M.P.

Retired
Skipping. Wasn't pleased when I heard they were going back to Kanto again, but limited amount of Pokemon and removal of wild battles and other mechanics turned me off completely. Don't have a Switch yet either.

Last edited:

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
Skipping as well. I'm getting really tired of visiting Kanto yet again, and the return of the hand-holding, make everything easy for the player experience the new pokemon games are known for doesn't help.

And besides, there's no Gary Oak to be seen. Kanto won't be the same without him!

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Skipping partly because I won’t be able to get a Switch right now. Got a lot going on in life atm, including a potential Tennessee move. Also, Kanto.

Missingno.Fan

I voted for “skipping”. I am more than open to changing my mind, but as of right now I don’t have a Switch and nothing about these games makes me want to run out and get one.

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
Skipping. This game doesn’t appeal to me at all and to me a lot of the choices made are objectively questionable. Also doesn’t feel like it’s worth the increased price, so I’ll be holding out for the next. games at the very least.

Can’t really find anything positive to say, apart from... yeah, I don’t know. There’s probably something but it’s taking me way too long to find. Maybe on release something will show up.

Red and Blue

Skipping this as well. I don't have a switch and the only game I was planning to get this year was KH3(which I already preordered despite the delay)

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Pre-ordered both as I have a Switch and do not care enough about the complexity and difficulty of a series that is neither complex nor difficult to skip entries that are not complex and not difficult. Can't wait!

(mildly concerned with the comment on the first page about "saving Go" - you guys do know the player numbers are up and bigger than they have been since launce with like 150 million active users, right? It's like in trying to demean the "casuals" and their experience and platforms, you forget there are ten times as many of them as there are other player's)

Last edited:

Peeko

Glacier Trainer
I have completely mixed feelings about lets go, on one hand I'm curious about exploring Kanto on a home console, but on the other I don't want more games like this... really think removing wild battles is nonsensical. But I have pre ordered lets go Pikachu out of curiosity... just kind of hope others don't bother.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
(mildly concerned with the comment on the first page about "saving Go" - you guys do know the player numbers are up and bigger than they have been since launce with like 150 million active users, right? It's like in trying to demean the "casuals" and their experience and platforms, you forget there are ten times as many of them as there are other player's)

There's ten times as many of them because they're playing for free on hardware that can do much more than gaming. How many of those 150 million are going to spend $300 on a device that can only play video games and then an extra $60 for the game?

I mean, I agree with the sentiment that Go doesn't really need to be "saved", that's a poor choice of words, but I also don't see its success translating onto the Switch. Switch games succeed through a VERY different strategy from Go. Mostly the opposite strategy in fact.

Last edited:

greninjamaster

I'm definitely getting this game. It's something I've always wanted and a couple of butt hurt fans on the internet isn't gonna stop this game from being a big seller for Christmas.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I've got a feeling most people who casually play Pokemon Go don't visit these forums. Compare that to the hardcore fans who actively talk about every bit of news from the series. It's just the hardcore fans who are more vocal about their opinions.

Last edited:

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
In my personal experience, many people who I’ve overheard and asked about regarding their interest in Pokémon almost always say that they’ve only played Go. And when I ask them if they want to try the main series games, they dismiss the idea and don’t seriously consider it. Seems to me that lots of people are only slightly interested in the aesthetic appeal of Pokémon but aren’t willing to explore what made them so great in the first place. I understand that I’m mainly asking young adults in their early 20’s and this game is targeted more towards younger players, but I still wonder how much Pokémon Go would actually influence others to buy the game as an “introduction” to the series, plus with the reasoning I’ve already seen here in how parents may not be willing to buy a more expensive console for their kids.

Relating to the topic, yeah I’m definitely skipping. I’ll just wait until next year to see the hype for Gen 8.

Jersey Jimmy

¿dónde está el FOUR DOLLA TUBA?
I'm skipping these and picking up a Switch for Smash instead. I get wanting to make a game that can get new players into the franchise, but you can do that without rehashing a tired region and stripping out dozens of mechanics (the absence of abilities being one of the worst offenders).

The only thing that'd make me slightly interested in getting these games is if they broke out all the busted battle mechanics straight from Gen I. #BringBackTheSpecialStat

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I’m skipping these games. I lost interest in Pokémon Go within a couple of days so I highly doubt I’d get any enjoyment out of these games when they use similar mechanics. They’ve also taken out a huge part of what makes Pokémon fun for me which is EV training, IV breeding and the ingame Battle Facilities (this one’s not confirmed but there wasn’t one in Gen1 so it’s a safe bet there won’t be here). The fact that they’ve only included the original 151 Pokémon is another nail in the coffin for me as I only have 2 favourites from Gen1 while I have a lot from later generations. I’m also not really interested in exploring Kanto again.

Spyro comes out a few days before Let’s Go anyway. I’m way more interested in that.