• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Getting, Skipping or Canceling Pre-Orders (Poll)

LET'S GO getting the games, skipping these games, or decided to cancel your preorder.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
I can't answer the poll because it's either pre-order or don't get it at all. No option for getting it after the release date.
I plan to get at least one of these games. However, it's not on the top of my wishlist. There are at least 3 games I want more this year and if I don't get Let's Go by Christmas, then who knows when I will.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
You can't be serious... It's not a fact that the moves are poorly animated? Are you blind? Why is it okay for a $60 Pokemon game in 2018 to look so rough around the edges when other games that came out over a decade earlier like Colosseum and Battle Revolution had good attack animations? And don't give me that, "there weren't as many models to work with back then" excuse. LGPE don't even have any Pokemon beyond the original 151, the Alolan forms, and Meltan. Trying to explain things to you is like talking to a brick wall. This is the highest-selling media franchise on Earth. I'm so sorry we're expecting more from a franchise of that caliber.

Yeah, you can bark about the animation all you want. GTAV and Breath of the Wild both have glitches out the ass, and they're still listed as two of the greatest video games of all time.

Now, either come correct with actual evidence and documentation to prove Game Freak is a bad developer, or cut the crap and move on to another topic.

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
Yeah, you can bark about the animation all you want. GTAV and Breath of the Wild both have glitches out the ass, and they're still listed as two of the greatest video games of all time.

Now, either come correct with actual evidence and documentation to prove Game Freak is a bad developer, or cut the crap and move on to another topic.

“Prove” what? Isn’t whether or not GameFreak is a good or bad dev largely subjective? You can’t prove your opinion of GameFreak is correct and this user can’t prove their opinion of GameFreak is correct. If the burden of proof applies to one of your viewpoints, it applies to both of them. This is a silly debate.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
“Prove” what? Isn’t whether or not GameFreak is a good or bad dev largely subjective? You can’t prove your opinion of GameFreak is correct and this user can’t prove their opinion of GameFreak is correct. If the burden of proof applies to one of your viewpoints, it applies to both of them. This is a silly debate.

The problem is Cradily is venting based on opinion and it is getting annoying when an opinion is the only thing he has to back up what he says. Personally, I wait until the game gets released before judging before condemning it to hell!

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

That's exactly my point. What they're arguing cannot be proven.

However, I will say that there are some objective qualities of a developer that would make them bad at what they do, such as Midway Games (now reestablished as Netherrealm Studios under Warner Bros.) having very poor equipment, low budgeting, spotty development periods, short staff, and minimal bug testing. The company suffered and eventually went under because of it.

However, this isn't Game Freak. Everything presented here is, like you said, purely opinion. There is no evidence of any kind to verify Game Freak is bad at their job.

ArtFenix

Anyone remembers Mighty number 9? Remember that quote from Hideki Kamiya about Keiji Inafune?
"He's a businessman, not a creator". I feel like this represents the current GameFreak the best. Let's Go is just a business product, not something a creator would actually want to make.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Anyone remembers Mighty number 9? Remember that quote from Hideki Kamiya about Keiji Inafune?
"He's a businessman, not a creator". I feel like this represents the current GameFreak the best. Let's Go is just a business product, not something a creator would actually want to make.

And yet it was made by veteran creators, not businessmen.

Thus, your argument does not hold up.

Well, if you're going to accuse Game Freak of being a terrible developer, you can't insist that someone else prove you wrong. You must prove yourself right. Otherwise, you're just making baseless accusations.

Accusing a gaming developer of being terrible would require a great deal of evidence, and not just mere opinion. So be prepared to offer a lot of documentation.
Dm4coliUcAEog7H.jpg

I dont want to be that guy but come one just look at this.

If anything its more of a Masuda problem than a gamefreak problem, but Masuda's philosophy is pretty much gamefreak now , also he is the head of the most recent pokemon games including LGPE

The way masuda speaks , thats not how someone that loves developing games speak , its more like a business trying to min-max profit , And they are in their right tho, who am i to tell them not to aim for a lot of money ?.
But ultimately thats not what benefits us as consumers , but rather someone pouring 100% of his/her heart into a work, a passion project first .

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Dm4coliUcAEog7H.jpg

I dont want to be that guy but come one just look at this.

If anything its more of a Masuda problem than a gamefreak problem, but Masuda's philosophy is pretty much gamefreak now , also he is the head of the most recent pokemon games including LGPE

The way masuda speaks , thats not how someone that loves developing games speak , its more like a business trying to min-max profit , And they are in their right tho, who am i to tell them not to aim for a lot of money ?.
But ultimately thats not what benefits us as consumers , but rather someone pouring 100% of his/her heart into a work, a passion project first .

You [likely wilfully] read that all wrong.

It's not anout increasing profits, but decreasing excess spending. Masuda doesn't want to put money into something that won't be utilized. Obviously, Game Freak did the research to determine that the majority of their players are no longer interested in such things (before anyone tries it, no, you DO NOT know more about Game Freak's market than they do, so save it).

I will admit that I've been on the fence about Masuda and his decisions in recent years, but I am also aware that he is one of three members on Game Freak's Board of Directors (Masuda, Sugimori, Tajiri), and they collectively decide the direction in which the company will go. For the record, Masuda has decided (and I put the source of this article either here or in the Thoughts thread) that he plans on splitting the main series into multiple series, with Let's GO kicking that off. Basically, Let's GO will be for the younger and more casual fans, and the traditional series will be for veteran players.

There is a lot more to this than what you are willing to see. And yes, I do mean willing.

Last edited:

ArtFenix

And yet it was made by veteran creators, not businessmen.

Thus, your argument does not hold up.
Except it does. Doesn't matter who makes those games. People change. Inspiration and creativity can come and go. It's clearly not really there at the moment.

You [likely wilfully] read that all wrong.

It's not anout increasing profits, but decreasing excess spending. Masuda doesn't want to put money into something that won't be utilized. Obviously, Game Freak did the research to determine that the majority of their players are no longer interested in such things (before anyone tries it, no, you DO NOT know more about Game Freak's market than they do, so save it).

I will admit that I've been on the fence about Masuda and his decisions in recent years, but I am also aware that he is one of three members on Game Freak's Board of Directors (Masuda, Sugimori, Tajiri), and they collective decide the direction in which the company will go. For the record, Masuda has decided (and I put the source of this article either here or in the Thoughts thread) that he plans on splitting the main series into multiple series, with Let's GO kicking that off. Basically, Let's GO will be for the younger and more casual fans, and the traditional series will be for veteran players.

There is a lot more to this than what you are willing to see. And yes, I do mean willing.
Hmmmmm , well..

At the end of the day i know its silly to act as if i was entitled to gamefreak as a company , i think its dumb when people go "X company has betrayed me" when a game is relased , i dont feel betrayed ,just discontent and i wish my input was worth more in the bigger picture

I have to express my discontent somehow (besides voting with my wallet) , But the franchise will be whatever the devs ultimately decide and i will carry on with my day

Rio!

Composer
I think I'll be skipping these games, kind of tired of Kanto at this point.
The only way I'll end up playing it is if it ends up gifted to me, I have too much of a backlog of games at the moment. ;P

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I think I might get the Poké Ball Charger. Anyone know if you can charge the Poké Ball without using the dock?

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
I am most likely getting Let's Go Eevee along with the Poke Ball Plus. I want to give the game a chance now that it's out. Not sure when I'm going to get it, though. Maybe Christmas. Also have to get Smash Ultimate.