• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Getting the Pre-Contest Titters (494)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Contest! Floaroma Conference!

Ash & Co. are at Floaroma City. Dawn is eager to enter the contest and try and win her first ribbon, however her childhood friend appears, boasting none other than Dawn's Piplup's next evolutionary stage; Prinplup. Dawn is eager to challenge her friend. However, Team Rocket have their eyes set on the Prinplup. Will they be stopped and will Dawn battle her friend in the contest?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

EDIT: Whoops, then I'll save the rest of the stuff for the next episode!

Anyway, Ash vs. Kengo was interupted by TR so that wasn't a surprise but heck at least we get to see all of TR's pokemon out again. As for the contest, I really liked Pachirisu's appeal!

Last edited:

Weav-vile

Totally!
Me have seen the pics too, and... aren't Nozomi indeed da bezt? I mean, she owned even Satoshi! My, I need to see her again -- and I'm pretty sure I will soon!

About the episode itself... ZOMG! Looks like Kengo was introduced to destroy all kinds of Hikari X Nozomi shippings... Good for them, since they're not lesbian (not even a little bit, I say! ¬¬), and Kengo is cute as hell (seriously!).
The boy blushed when Hikari showed him her nice dress!

Well, hope I see the episode soon, can't wait!

- Nozomi.

uber gon

Accept Change
Yeah, but do the same contest costumes HAVE to be re-used?

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
- That whole first encounter between Piplup and Prinplup reminded me of Gravy's "Posh Penguins" pic. Seems snobbery is a common trait of the Piplup family.
- XD @ Hikozaru Hikari.
- Nice to see Ash hasn't ditched that strategy he used against Roark's Onix.
- The pile of bubbles explode!
- Piplup has brain damage!
- Holy smokes, a Smeargle? I forgot that thing even existed.
- Ya know, if Sukizo were staring at me from above sadistically, I'd run away screaming also.

Standard "character introduction" episode with good animation.

Weav-vile

Totally!
- That whole first encounter between Piplup and Prinplup reminded me of Gravy's "Posh Penguins" pic. Seems snobbery is a common trait of the Piplup family.
- XD @ Hikozaru Hikari.
- Nice to see Ash hasn't ditched that strategy he used against Roark's Onix.
- The pile of bubbles explode!
- Piplup has brain damage!
- Holy smokes, a Smeargle? I forgot that thing even existed.
- Ya know, if Sukizo were staring at me from above sadistically, I'd run away screaming also.

Standard "character introduction" episode with good animation.

You know, when I read your "episodes moments" I always think you loved the episode in question... just to read the last line and fund out you didn't care much of it. LOL @ you!

On topic: Having watched the episode, I must say it was pretty entertaining -- Hikari, Kengo, Pochama, Pachirisu, Pottaishi... they all were made of awesomeness in this one! And, of course, Nozomi made a cameo, which also counts as a good point of the episode.
Ah, seeing all Team Rocket pokémon was cool too!
But, I wonder... Jesse was making her nails with that Smeargle and all, OK. But, heck, WHERE ON EARTH WERE HER NAILS? O__O

At least we got to see her in her nice costume again! :p

- Nozomi.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
You know, when I read your "episodes moments" I always think you loved the episode in question... just to read the last line and fund out you didn't care much of it. LOL @ you!
Well, I jot down those "highlights" as I'm watching the episode, so I don't sum up my final thoughts until the very end. I just pick out the stuff that jumps out at me. Random stuff like bubbles exploding qualifies as being notable in my book.

Weav-vile

Totally!
I know that, I was just kidding you; I actually always enjoy your posts about the episodes so much! ^^

About Pochama learning "Tide", I'm glad it did! The move looks cute, and I love how it reminds me of Whirlpool. :)

- Nozomi.

Heck, I thought it WAS Whirlpool! But I read that it might've been Brine, which is pretty cool too.:)

BTW, what was Pikachu trying to get Pachirisu to do? Looked like the little squirrel was learning how to do Thunder!:D

Geodude

Sorry guys, I don't usually make this type of mistake, but it turns out the move was in fact Whirlpool. I just edited my earlier posts.

Don't know why I didn't think of it in the first place, since that was a whirlpool that Piplup created. -_-

I loved how Dawn was cracking her knuckles threateningly at Team Rocket after Piplup rescued Prinplup. XD

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Ok the new attack Piplup learned is Whirlpool, but i don't get one thing thought how was the attack able to power up Prinplup. I just now saw the episode & i don't get the meaning of it some how powering up a pokemon.
As i don't know japanese i don't know what really happened but by the looks of it, the attack powered up Prinplup so that it was able to break free.
Correct me if i am wrong about it.

uber gon

Accept Change
Guess we'll have to add Whirlpool as an overpowered attack.

But it's still cool though.

Rapiido

Anyone else findin it kinda weird that Ponyta/Rapidash was like almost never shown before in Kanto/Johto.. Then Ponyta's in a poster and a couple contest eps in Hoenn, and Rapidash is in the Grande Festival appeals... then we get Rapidash in Dawn's first contest, the Pokétch ep and now this one. o__O Maybe it's foreshadowing something. X3 (I wish) Meh. Back to the episode.

Weird how Piplup learned Whirpool of all attacks... And we get to see BIDE in the next episode. FINALLY. Pachirisu+Piplup Sucking Up=Win. x3 Kengo seems sorta interesting... I guess.

Bliksem

The Quirky Quilava
Kengo was SO adorable, but I must say, Metal Claw deflecting Thunderbolt is pure hax of the highest order. Gotta love the anime always ****ing on type advantages XD. But Pikachu's use of that maneuver used against Hyouta again made me smile. And then Prinplup bounces off the ground with an *awesome* use of Bubble(beam) (I'm really bad at telling the name of that move). I *want* Kengo's outfit @_@; He's so cute. And WTF at Dustox... freakin' out over there. Whirlpool... the Spirit Bomb of the Pokemon world XD. But wtf was that effect it had? Was it a combination of Whirlpool and Aqua Ring? Hikari's cracking her knuckles... that's awesome. And then there's a Smergle (very cute) and Jessie... who's expression finally managed to amuse me XD. Seviper and Dustox have some personality for once. And Pachirisu's so cute ^^;;

Last edited: