• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Getting the Pre-Contest Titters (494)

mpt37

Just watched the ep, Hikozaru-Hikari was funny and whirl pool was cool, didn't expect it to be such a big attack.

Also, did they explain why Kengo calls Hikari, "Pikari"?

scissorX

Yeah I agree, Whirlpool looked awesome. A lot different to how I would of expected it. Do you think it'll always look like that though.. Like out of battles. Because I remember Piplup's Bubblebeam having that really cool ring effect but then it was forgotten..

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Yeah I agree, Whirlpool looked awesome. A lot different to how I would of expected it. Do you think it'll always look like that though.. Like out of battles. Because I remember Piplup's Bubblebeam having that really cool ring effect but then it was forgotten..
I'm just impressed that they made a way to show Whirlpool on land. Before this it was only ever used in the water (in the third movie). And I'd guess its a fairly malleable attack, with various appearances depending on the user and other factors.

Me have seen the pics too, and... aren't Nozomi indeed da bezt? I mean, she owned even Satoshi! My, I need to see her again -- and I'm pretty sure I will soon!
- Nozomi.
Nozomi is indeed awesome but she only "owned" Ash in the sense that she got his points down further than hers and won by the skin of her teeth as another second would have had Aipom OHKOing her.

Last edited:

Mythic Mist

Indecent Exposure
Hm. Everything was commented on I think...I did like the look of this contest hall. With all the flowers and such. And the design of the building as well. >_> Very pretty. I love how they're making the cities be visually unique in D/P

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was pretty good. It was cool to see a Prinplup. I had to admit, Dawn was pretty cute when she was little. The battle between Prinplup and Pikachu was cool. It was cool to see Piplup learn Whirlpool. IMO, Kenny was really annoying throughout the entire episode.

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
I gotta agree Dawn did look cute as a kid though I didn't. Really care much for Kenny at all.

Poke'T<3

ASH FAN GIRL!!!!!<3
I must say that Ash beats zoey in power over all if it was based on whos better ash would have won all the way and if ash used volt tackle on prinplup he woulda lost bad even with steel wing ash is stronger than both of them easy i wish team rocket woulda let them finish their battle

PANCAKE

I can't smile :|
Congrats Pokemon USA on the Combusken voice knock-off. Good job there on Prinplup :rolleyes:. Then again, it is a fowl like it's predescessor, so what did I expect? And the only Kenny on tv belongs on South Park. As I said a few months back: Even though the anime caters to a Japanese audience, they need to stop slapping different color hair on the same character model when the guest of the week shows up. Errr..... I need my coffee.

My favorite moments were when Carnivine and Cacnea attacked Ash and Kenny. It was maliciously funny. Also when Seviper was holding up Prinplup with it's sharp tail, threatning to cut it's neck.

Same ol same ol score with me for intro episodes like this. 5 outta 10.

Last edited:

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
Bah, South Park sucks anyway.

I find it odd that Kenny's name wasn't something similar to Diamond. Ya see, Kenny's Japanese name, Kengo, is one letter off from the Japanese word for Diamond (Which, at the moment, I have trouble remembering...). Similar to how Paul's Jap name, Shinji, is one letter off from Shinju, Japanese for Pearl. Since Paul sounds similar to Pearl, I guess I assumed Kenny's name would be similar to Diamond. Maybe Paul having the same theme as his Jap name (That is, sounding like Pearl) was only a coincidence...?

netobeto

the legenday master
so its kenny 1 year older than may? or how did he get that primplup. maybe i am wrong but i thought that the proffesor gave the starter pokemon once a year.

Medea

Excalibur
Cute episode to say in the least. The rivalry between Kenny and Dawn was just so cute for words and of course all of those memories (embarrassing as they were) were just to die for. Oh yeah, and when Piplup and Pachirisu wanting more poffin that was so cute. Reminded me so much of my animals and milk :p.

And because I have to comment on this, when Pachirisu missed a beat and fell down and looked up and saw Sukizo's face, I almost died laughing. Pachirisu gave off one of those faces like it just saw Michael Jackson!

Dax

Legend
Great episode.

Piplup and Prinplup owned the episode. Amazing attack for Piplup and Dawn was awesome like always.

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
awesome episode piplup's whirlpool was amazing the way it healed prinplup, Im glad to see prinplup being able to move so fast even tough of its size

Geodude

so its kenny 1 year older than may? or how did he get that primplup. maybe i am wrong but i thought that the proffesor gave the starter pokemon once a year.

Obviously not. Did you even listen? Dawn clearly said that Kenny left on his journey not long before she did. And the once a year thing can't be true since kids become eligible once they turn 10, so obviously it wouldn't be fair to make some kids wait 11 months or so to get their starters and start their journeys while others only have to wait a day or two. A little common sense goes a long way, my friend.

Dawn to Kenny: "Don't you think I'm pretty?"

XD I was hoping she'd say something like that.

Last edited:

Addydo

X-Men/Pokemon Fan!
So, was that a dubbing error when Ash told Staravia to use Gust on the cloud of smoke, when it should have been Whirlwind?!

Dax

Legend
^I was going to ask that. I was rather confused because both attacks look rather similar in the anime. But Staravia can't learn it...

Lishus13

Poli-Spriter!
Yes! My name was used in the Anime!
...Unfourtuatly, I'm a 11-year old pre-pubescent she-man.

Dax

Legend
If they could do something to make the attacks look more different, the attacks practically look the same.