• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Getting the Pre-Contest Titters (494)

uber gon

Accept Change
If they could do something to make the attacks look more different, the attacks practically look the same.

Yeah, that little fact irked me bad.

How could PUSA confuse Gust and Whirlwind anyway?

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
They didn't do anything but translate the line from the Japanese version. Yes, it was Gust there too.

Okay, so the Starly line can't learn Gust in the game, big deal. However, a) the fact that it does learn Whirlwind but not Gust makes no sense whatsoever so I don't see why the anime shouldn't be allowed to ignore this very strange game rule, and b) anime!Starly already used Gust way back in DP002 (its capture episode), so I thought people would have settled with it by now ô.ô

uber gon

Accept Change
They didn't do anything but translate the line from the Japanese version. Yes, it was Gust there too.

Okay, so the Starly line can't learn Gust in the game, big deal. However, a) the fact that it does learn Whirlwind but not Gust makes no sense whatsoever so I don't see why the anime shouldn't be allowed to ignore this very strange game rule, and b) anime!Starly already used Gust way back in DP002 (its capture episode), so I thought people would have settled with it by now ô.ô

Oh, I thought Brock said Starly used Whirlwind.

GOD, Kenny's dub voice is unbearable! He sounds like a girl.

That is SO true. I hope they fired whoever picked the voice actor (Or... Actress. I'm too lazy to look it up).
"Dee Dee" HA!!

I wonder if Kenny will make anymore appearances, I kinda hope so. :p

Addydo

X-Men/Pokemon Fan!
Oh, I thought Brock said Starly used Whirlwind.

He did say it was Whirlwind, I went on youtube and found that episode, and Brock said Whirlwind. I keep on changing Staravia's Attack list on Bulbapedia; it says Gust, and I keep changing it to Whirlwind, but they keep changing it back to Gust. Then I tried putting Whirlwind under Gust, and then they just got rid of it. I tried doing the same thing to Happiny's Attack list, cause it says Seismic Toss, which she cannot learn in the games. I got rid of it, and I looked at it today, and it says Seismic Toss again. We don't know what attacks she has; she's just super strong. Whoever owns Bulbapedia, they're retarded! ;munchlax;

Rebeccag

aww i liked this episode it was good to see some of dawns past and to have a story with kenny meeting zoey and also getting beat by her. And Ash and Kenny had a battle too although i have to say that his voice is annoying

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Dawn Shouldv'e Chosen Buneary Instead of patchirisu,

brandon735

Avenger
Kengo has so many hilarious storys.I laughed my butt off it was so funny.I really feel bad for Dawn.1337 Broked Workspace=die stupid idiot

Tri hawk

Say no to Poké-drugs
Kenny seems pretty interesting, but what really caught my attention was the name of the episode. Best, title, ever!

Dattebayo

Banned
I thought this episode was medicore because Kenny calls Dawn "Dee Dee". Why "Dee Dee", should've he come up with a better nickname like "Diddy" or "Dedede"?

ARPokemonMaster

Legendary Tamer
Possibly the best battle I've seen from the diamond/pearl series between Pikachu and Prinplup. I just love Pikachu's spin evade move. Shame that there wasn't a result either way.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Kenny has been a pretty interesting recurring character on the show. I like the fact that he introduces this ongoing mystery about Dawn in this episode, it makes for a fun recurring gag. I also like that Seviper finally gets its shot at redemption in this episode by being in a contest again. Who could forget Jessie's 0 when she used Seviper in her first contest in season six ("All Things Bright and Beautifly")? Pachirisu is cute too at the end. :)

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Kenny has been a pretty interesting recurring character on the show. I like the fact that he introduces this ongoing mystery about Dawn in this episode, it makes for a fun recurring gag. I also like that Seviper finally gets its shot at redemption in this episode by being in a contest again. Who could forget Jessie's 0 when she used Seviper in her first contest in season six ("All Things Bright and Beautifly")? Pachirisu is cute too at the end. :)

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
I was scaried when Pachrisu screwed up I was like please no please
Also Kenny Vs Ash was good Loved it since it was a fight for Dawn I mean fight for fun.
Anyways Kenny now sounds like a kid who hasn't past the point in hislife with no apple, anyways Prinplups voice sounds good to me

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
piplup's whirlpool was amazing the way it healed prinplup, thisd episode had quite some good moments in it i must say that.