• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Getting Your Wii or DS Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I point out that while the DSi has WPA compatibility most DS games don't. So to get online in pokemon you need to change from WPA encryption to WEP.

That stumped me last night for ages!!

BlueMew7

what up daddy in the house
Router.

You need one or the other. A wireless router is a unilaterally better choice than the godforsaken Nintendo USB dongle.

What's so bad about the Nintendo usb?

BCVM22

What's so bad about the Nintendo usb?

Maybe it's just the phenomenon of "the people with the problems are always the loudest", but the thing just doesn't seem to work all that well. Firewalls, antivirus software, operating systems and just plain user error seem capable of rendering the thing unusable at a moment's notice and unlike a good wireless router, it serves no purpose but to get a Wii and/or a DS online.

BlueMew7

What kind of user error? And how do you even set up this adapter?

BCVM22

What kind of user error? And how do you even set up this adapter?

Exactly. Just run a boardwide search - or heck, just confine it to Tech Help - for "USB adapter" or anything similar and you'll find thread after thread of people who can't get theirs to work.

Now again, maybe it's just the case of people having problems being the most vocal - people who got their adapter working just fine certainly aren't going to make threads about it - but it's worth noting just the same.

And this is all moot, given that the adapter was discontinued last year.

BlueMew7

CRAP!!! Ok, let's see. So tell me, what router would you reccomend for a ds? Show me a router with a reasonable price.

BCVM22

That would be entirely up to you. Look through retailer listings and see who has the best prices and then cross-reference your findings with Nintendo's list of incompatible routers.

Drybones446

That Photography Guy
A Platinum user attempting to enter a Wi-Fi battle using any Pokémon not found in D/P - that'd be the new formes for Giratina, Shaymin and Rotom - will be refused from doing so. They're compatible in every other way.

Won't they just change formes, or will they be 'kicked' from the battle?

wbhops45

need help. my router is working one minute and the next i cant connect on my ds or my wii what could cause the problem.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
need help. my router is working one minute and the next i cant connect on my ds or my wii what could cause the problem.
There is a serious lack of information, to diagnose your problem.

The same thing happened to me yesterday. That is down to a component that My ISP uses has failed, and my net refuses to run faster than Modem!

wbhops45

sorry about that. well anyway like i said it was working then it quit and i tried o connect again and i went to the nintendo website to check the error code and it said that the problem is caused by wep issues and i cant figure out what to do

BCVM22

If it's a WEP problem, make sure you have the correct WEP key entered into your DS. And if you're unsure what a WEP key is, there's only so much anyone can do for you.

wbhops45

i know i have been trying everything that people have said to do but none of it is working

Last edited by a moderator:

Channy13

Water Vamp Trainer
its not on nintendos wesite on how to connect to the internet with your ds through a Tiscali Siemens gigaset SE587 WLAN dsl??
any help?

Leitha

I have a problem with my ds. I have been trying to trade and i am able to get on wifi with my ds but when i try to trade with some people my ds gives me an error code but by some luck i was able to just trade with one person. I don't know why my ds allowed me to make that trade but no others. Please help if anyone can. Thanks in advance.

Zarkz

Champion
I have a problem

i have a problem it my wi fi conection , my error code is 52000 . he cant find the ip or something . . . help me pls

I get the same 52000 error. It says it can't obtain an IP address, and that I should check the DHCP settings (or move within range, but I am in range and it still gives the error even when sitting right nect to the modem). I looked it up on the nintendo wfc website and it said it might be because my modem issues static IPs? But none of us at home have any idea what it's talking about.

cfish

I am able to use the gts on all of my games and the wifi plaza on my platinum, but when I try to trade in the pokemon center basement I can see my friend's name but when we try to trade one or the other of us gets error code 86420. He claims to have successfully traded before but this is my first time to trade in the basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.