• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Getting Your Wii or DS Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
That's what I got today. On all of the wi fi connections I've tried... at my local Mcdonald's, my library. It's a no go. :(

I'm very frustrated. I even tried to input a wep key for it -- and nothing.

What's the point of having free wireless if you need to know the key -- how is anyone supposed to get ahold of it? Just a question there...
There is a problem is that several "Free" Wifi set ups require you to visit a Web page, this will lock out the DS. In some cases, the Router has crashed and needs someone to restart it, such as in the Kro Manchester when I visited it last. (Kro Mancester is a bar. I am over 18, I am legally allowed to buy and drink Alcohol on their land. Just don't get me to name them.)

Kitty Aruseus

The werewolf cometh.
Okay... My DSi can connect to the internet just fine with the browser and
Flipnote Hatena... But it cannot connect to wifi with compatible games when IN the games... can I have a little help? (Please note: I cannot test any of the advice you give me at this time, due to the fact my DSi is dead and my charger is missing.)

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Okay... My DSi can connect to the internet just fine with the browser and
Flipnote Hatena... But it cannot connect to wifi with compatible games when IN the games... can I have a little help? (Please note: I cannot test any of the advice you give me at this time, due to the fact my DSi is dead and my charger is missing.)
Sounds like your Wifi router is using WPA encoding. DSi Games can do WPA, but DS Games can not. The only way I know how to "Fix" it is to Change the setting on Wifi router to be WEP encoding. You need to reconfigure All Devices that use your router wirelessy, Computers, SmartPhones and game consoles.

The Way to check this is go in the Network settings of a computer that connects to the Router. Under the Sequitiy it should say WPA.

Azteca158

MeRkMaStEr
Ok so i just moved to a place where the only internet access i have is through a wifi connection requiring log in through an internet browser. Does anybody know how i could connect my dsi to this so i can continue trading pokemon??? help would be greatly appreciated.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Ok so i just moved to a place where the only internet access i have is through a wifi connection requiring log in through an internet browser. Does anybody know how i could connect my dsi to this so i can continue trading pokemon??? help would be greatly appreciated.
I hope you already have the Web Browser installed, or this will be impossible.

If you can get as close as you can to the Wifi menus as you can. Such as Saving in GTS building, etc. Start The web browser. Insert the details to get on the Net. Visit a few sites to conferm that you are online. You need to be quick from now on. Start the DS game in the DSi. Get online in game ASAP.

Azteca158

MeRkMaStEr
thanks Big ill try that first but im asking bout the whole networking thing being here ive noticed people create their own network and run this logon through browser through it using WEP security on the network allowing them to permanently run internet through the network to the dsi as long as the laptop running the network is constantly signed on... my question after wut ive researched myself and cant figure out it y cant i get my dsi to connect to the network i created (tells me it cant find IP but this prob mite get fixed with next prob) and also its not letting me connect to the internet at the same time as running my network..

edit: tried bigs advice had no luck did not work for me still looking for help....

Last edited:

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

The DS can't use be used with internet that requiers you to go to a log-in page before you can use it.

Azteca158

MeRkMaStEr
sry to say this skitty on wailord but ur wayyyy wrong like isaid b4 by networking u can even have a lan party on it i mean rele people here do it often its just wierd asking but ill prob have to since no1 here knows how to either.... i alrede have the network runing im just having trouble keeping it up while staying logged on

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
sry to say this skitty on wailord but ur wayyyy wrong like isaid b4 by networking u can even have a lan party on it i mean rele people here do it often its just wierd asking but ill prob have to since no1 here knows how to either.... i alrede have the network runing im just having trouble keeping it up while staying logged on

Well everywhere else I read about it says that it isn't possible. Maybe I am wrong?

And please type in legible sentances. This is a forum, not a chat room.

Azteca158

MeRkMaStEr
im sorry for not caring bout english grammer and i wont ever even wen i go for my graduates ill pretend for the teachers since im pretty good at it but i wont for u not trying to be mean or anything i just dont like it wen people find superiority in grammer specialy ones that give tech help and arent tech savy.

Also for people who would like to connect and had my same issue with the logon service provider an easy way to fix it would be getting a wifi usb adapter they can be purchased for like $8 unless u want the nintendo one for over $30 dollars dont kno y its so much more expensive but who knows it may work better.

Unpredictable-Strategist

Unorthodox Trainer
Alright, this is really annoying. There have been several questions about it in previous pages that have been ignored, so i'll try to provide as much information as possible.

I have been easily connecting to wi-fi for years, until about 2 weeks ago when my router got updated (or something like that; i'm not good with tech). This was supposed to make our connection better, which it has, but now I can't connect to wi-fi. We have a new WEP Key, which is compatible. I enter it and do a connection test and it goes to 3 bars for about 10 seconds, then goes straight to zero and says "Error Code: 051300 - 2".

I've done some searching around, but most results are gibberish to me. Things like "you may want to change your router settings" (how do I do that?). Some answers tell me that my router is now to high-tech for my Dsi, so I need to change my router settings to dumb it down. I don't understand this stuff.

Please help.

willypiggy

Having some trouble with the WiFi adaptor on Windows 7 64-Bit, I've seen a guide of how to get it running in 32-Bit but it doesn't work for 64, any suggestions anyone?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Having some trouble with the WiFi adaptor on Windows 7 64-Bit, I've seen a guide of how to get it running in 32-Bit but it doesn't work for 64, any suggestions anyone?
Some times the Vista 64-bit Version of a driver works. Sadly that'd all I've can suggest as I had a combatable Wireless router since DS Launch day.

willypiggy

Some times the Vista 64-bit Version of a driver works. Sadly that'd all I've can suggest as I had a combatable Wireless router since DS Launch day.

I've given their installer a go, tried running it in compatibility modes for Vista and XP and neither work unforunatly, My DS can't even find any routers near me for some reason, My Wii connects fine to my router but my DS just can't find any :p I guess i'll have to use my other PC instead.

AIP0M

So, I am very eager to start doing competitive battling and trading through wi-fi. However, when I try to connect to my router it is saying that it can't connect because of the security settings. So, I googled it and followed everything I was told to do on the nintendo website. I made sure that it is on WEP, that didnt work, I disabled all security, that didnt work. I've played about with the security settings, I tried doing it manually and it still doesn't work!!!

Anyone had the same problem and might have some advice to help me please???

Thankyou

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
So, I am very eager to start doing competitive battling and trading through wi-fi. However, when I try to connect to my router it is saying that it can't connect because of the security settings. So, I googled it and followed everything I was told to do on the nintendo website. I made sure that it is on WEP, that didnt work, I disabled all security, that didnt work. I've played about with the security settings, I tried doing it manually and it still doesn't work!!!

Anyone had the same problem and might have some advice to help me please???

Thankyou
I heard that Some Routers don't work with the Nintendo DS or DSlite, no matter the settings.

AIP0M

I heard that Some Routers don't work with the Nintendo DS or DSlite, no matter the settings.

I checked, It is definitely compatible. :(

Needs a Deoxys

When I search for an access point, it says my router's security settings are not supported by the Nintendo DS. So, I went to nintendowifi.com and followed some steps and it says I need to find my WEP key. Well, I've looked at countless videos and searched everywhere but I can't seem to find where it is.

I'm using Linksys model WRT54G V8 router. It says I can access it by going to: http://192.168.1.1 but that page can't be displayed. It also says that I can find my WEP key access: In "Wireless Security' on 'Wireless' tab but I can't find that anywhere.

By the way, I'm using Windows 7. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I've been at it for quite a few hours now.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
When I search for an access point, it says my router's security settings are not supported by the Nintendo DS. So, I went to nintendowifi.com and followed some steps and it says I need to find my WEP key. Well, I've looked at countless videos and searched everywhere but I can't seem to find where it is.

I'm using Linksys model WRT54G V8 router. It says I can access it by going to: http://192.168.1.1 but that page can't be displayed. It also says that I can find my WEP key access: In "Wireless Security' on 'Wireless' tab but I can't find that anywhere.

By the way, I'm using Windows 7. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I've been at it for quite a few hours now.

I'm also using Windows 7 and that link works for me and allows me to edit my router settings. I think that you not being able to access that link is more important than your DS not working. :/ (I don't know why you can't though)

Status
Not open for further replies.