• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Getting Your Wii or DS Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
This question has probably been asked before and my apologies if it has. But I was wondering weather you need a Nintendo Wi-Fi compatable wireless connection to browse online with the DSi, or if any connection will suffice.
You'll need a Compatible connection to actually download the software.

It's worth noting that the DSi can connect to more Wifi devices than the DS/DS Lite can.

I'll have a check later when I'm in range of a of these routers.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
This question has probably been asked before and my apologies if it has. But I was wondering weather you need a Nintendo Wi-Fi compatable wireless connection to browse online with the DSi, or if any connection will suffice.
I'm not sure, but I know you'll need a Compatible connection to actually download the software.

It's worth noting that the DSi can connect to more Wifi devices than the DS/DS Lite can.

I'll have a check later when I'm in range of one of these routers.

Purple_Tangrowth

A DRUM, A DRUM!...
Hi,
So I was trying to do a wifi battle with someone the other day so I went to the room in the basement of the pokemon center. I went in the room an accepted a battle from someone and then I came up with error code 86420. I go on the Nintendo website and it tells me that I should enter my IP adress into my console.
The guy I'm battling says that I should just change the security settings on my lynksis router to WEP.

What should I do and how should I do it?
It would be much appreciated if somebody could help me out here.
Thanks

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hi,
So I was trying to do a wifi battle with someone the other day so I went to the room in the basement of the pokemon center. I went in the room an accepted a battle from someone and then I came up with error code 86420. I go on the Nintendo website and it tells me that I should enter my IP adress into my console.
The guy I'm battling says that I should just change the security settings on my lynksis router to WEP.

What should I do and how should I do it?
It would be much appreciated if somebody could help me out here.
Thanks
It appears that you should do what the Nintendo site says not the other person. Actually, give him/her this page, too.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=86420&system=DS&locale=lang

You wouldn't be able to even get online, if you didn't have it set to WEP or open.

theraggedyman

Pokemon Caretaker
So out of curiousity, what is the router that y'all have found to be the most reliable to connect to Pokemon GTS? (I use a DS Lite)

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
^
So what I should do is turn firewall off on my router?
How can I access my router settings?

The Firewall settings are in the Rotuer Settings.

AS for accessing router settings. It would help if I knew what Router you had, as it different for each Model. Also, the person who installed it may have installed may have changed the password.

The best thing I can suggest is to check documentation of your router, it will have the default access details.

So out of curiousity, what is the router that y'all have found to be the most reliable to connect to Pokemon GTS? (I use a DS Lite)

I found that Linksys WRT54G works well.. It's more reliable than the power supply. I've had it for over 5 years, and no problems, except that I think the power supply is going after 5 years of near constant use.

I don't know if you can get one as may not be making any more now.

shadi1

Hi i have recently put a WEp key on my Wi fi forgetting i would have to re enter some info on my ds
I have entered the correct WEp key thousands of time and yet i keep on getting error codes
iv'e done everything Nintendo has told me to do on the support web site yet it doesnt work
help?

Aquanova

Im not farmiliar with that model, you might want to make sure on Nintendo's website that it's a compatible model. Thats all I can say.

Cking030

Wifi battling

Hi

Okay, so I've been playing Pokemon since I was little, but only within the past couple years have I begun to want to battle competitively. For two years, now, I've attempted and failed to get internet connection with my DS. My team is all ready -- I just want to battle!!

I understand that a router could help me, but I know nothing about them. I live in a college dorm, if that makes any difference. Please help me, but please understand that I know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about these routers, and I'm not all that tech-savvy. Thanks!

also, I have a ds lite, if that makes a difference.

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hi

Okay, so I've been playing Pokemon since I was little, but only within the past couple years have I begun to want to battle competitively. For two years, now, I've attempted and failed to get internet connection with my DS. My team is all ready -- I just want to battle!!

I understand that a router could help me, but I know nothing about them. I live in a college dorm, if that makes any difference. Please help me, but please understand that I know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about these routers, and I'm not all that tech-savvy. Thanks!

also, I have a ds lite, if that makes a difference.

A DS lite? huh? If you can get it set up it works with every game that has Wifi.

Since I think you want to battling when you are in your room.

Can you access the Net in your room? If so how? Do you use a "Phone-Like" Cable? or connect to a Wireless network?

If you use a Wireless network: do you have to insert a Password or any log in details? If you have to insert passwords I think you can't Battle online.

I know this sounds silly, but the best person to ask would be a techy person in the dorm.

Cking030

oh, whoops. I must have been unclear. The problem is that I don't have proper internet connection. the internet connection here is through the school and , therefore, does not support nintendo wifi. I bought a usb adapter to get internet connection, but it didn't work for one reason or another. I figured the last way to go would be to get a wireless router. My problem is that I don't know which one I should get or how I should set it up to battle on wifi. that's all. :)

BCVM22

Most dormitory and other large building wired networks make it difficult to impossible to install a wireless router, either because they are networks of the sort that don't allow routers to be attached to the network (and in many cases, you can take down your entire building's Internet connection by trying) or because you simply don't have access to the information you would need to get the router operational. This, among countless other reasons because the device was a finnicky little bastich, was likely the cause of your Nintendo dongle not working.

Check with your building administrator or campus IT department, but living in a dorm, you are likely prevented outright from using a personal wireless router.

Cking030

Man...that.....sucks.....

Alright, thanks. I guess I just won't ever get to battle *sigh* :/ I appreciate your help and warning, though. You just saved me 50 -100 dollars. haha

I can't seem to get my DS Lite nor the new DSi XL I received for x-mas (love my GF BTW :p) to connect to my WiFi. I have gone through all the troubleshooting I can think of. Checked my router against the ones that work; it's fine, even tried their suggestions and nothing changed.

It seems to be able to identify to the router but can't access the net beyond that. When testing connections the signal goes green and my router recognizes "Nintendo DS" as a connected device but it always pops up with error code 051300. The Wii never has an issue with this, nor has any other device I use/have used.

Any ideas? :confused::confused::confused: I'm desperate!

Status
Not open for further replies.