• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Getting Your Wii or DS Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Do I need to use to make any special changes?

I'm not sure of your phone's exact settings.

I just went under settings > Tethering and Mobile HotSpot > on.

Though I did have to set the security options to open, which is known to be risky. But I got around that by setting the maximum number of connections to 1 so once I've connected my DS/3DS to it then noone else can connect. I'm using a Galaxy Note 2 if it matters.

Spawty

Claimed Golduck!
I just bought a 3ds XL today, and I'm wondering if Black 2 is compatible with a WPA2 router. I've read that some DSi games can use the 3ds' connection, such as B2/W2. I have my 3ds system setup with the connection, but B2 remains unconnected, having the message "Please configure your connection settings under the Internet option in the System Settings." I went to the DS Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Setup, but it remains to be WEP only. C'mon, I just wanna trade... (just gotta avoid those level 9 or under Reshirams and Zekroms).

EDIT: Got it fixed! I had to do a game sync, since the old FC's/Pal Pad/ other wifi settings were set into the DS lite.

Last edited:

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
3ds help someone!! Okay so I've just got a 3ds for Christmas today and I'm trying to download the event torchic but to do that it says I need to agree to the terms and policies but when I go to do this it just gives me an error message saying 'You cannot view the user agreement as the network services defined therein are unavailable in your region'. It also wont let me trade or battle with anyone. The problem is definitely specific to my region (UK) and as such I can't be the only one in the UK who's had this problem right. Any help you can give me so I can get the torchic and trade and battle will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

xEryChan

Demon Child
I got a new 3DS for Christmas today and I'm already having a problem with it.

I keep trying to do the wonder trade in my Pokemon X game and every time I try, some annoying thing pops up telling me that I have to update my software but every time, I go into the Nintendo eShop, something pops up saying that an error occured.

I have no idea what's going on and it's really driving me crazy. Can anyone help me figure this out?

BCVM22

some annoying thing pops up telling me that I have to update my software

You need the v.1.2 patch to go online in X or Y in any way now.

but every time, I go into the Nintendo eShop, something pops up saying that an error occured.

Because it's still Christmas and people countrywide are all trying to take their shiny new 3DS units online at the same time, hammering the servers to a sludgy halt. Go do something else and try again overnight or tomorrow.

People need to breathe and relax. These aren't cataclysmic.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
You need the v.1.2 patch to go online in X or Y in any way now.

Because it's still Christmas and people countrywide are all trying to take their shiny new 3DS units online at the same time, hammering the servers to a sludgy halt. Go do something else and try again overnight or tomorrow.

People need to breathe and relax. These aren't cataclysmic.

Feel free to answer my question... -_-

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
I'm sorry if I can't post here anymore since there hasn't been a post since 2013, but I need help. I am having trouble connecting my 3DS's Wifi. It won't stay connected long enough for me to even start Wonder Trade (got 2 boxes of pokemon I want to WT). I never had a problem before. The connection just keeps dropping. Before I could be anywhere in the house and the Wifi would work, now it won't. >.>

I don't know; It's really hard to explain. Not sure if anyone is able to help.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
It's not so hard to explain, the Nintendo Pokemon servers seem to be having some permanent problems for me too. I can't get online through any of my my sixth gen Pokemon games, I can't even use the Arceus event code I have to get it. My 3DS can still connect to the internet for other games like Nintendo Badge Arcade and Pokemon Shuffle but not the actual Pokemon games. Is anyone else having the same issues as me?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
It's not so hard to explain, the Nintendo Pokemon servers seem to be having some permanent problems for me too. I can't get online through any of my my sixth gen Pokemon games, I can't even use the Arceus event code I have to get it. My 3DS can still connect to the internet for other games like Nintendo Badge Arcade and Pokemon Shuffle but not the actual Pokemon games. Is anyone else having the same issues as me?

What's the Error Code?

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
001-0502 I think.

Last edited:

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
It's better now, thanks. :D

Red and Blue

Could someone please help me.

I can't get my 3DS to connect to the internet no matter what I do. I trying connecting close to my internet router at home but it never seems to work

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Could someone please help me.

I can't get my 3DS to connect to the internet no matter what I do. I trying connecting close to my internet router at home but it never seems to work

Sadly without any more info.. it could be ANY issue which includes not setting up your 3DS for Wifi. The game will issue a error code and sometimes a useful message. Post it here and/or Google it, most error codes will tell you what is the issue.

Setting up - The 3DS doesn't scan for a Wifi setup, and prompt you to connect to one, like most Smart Phones today. You'll need to head to the Wifi settings within the 3DS settings "app."

I am going to assume that this is Home Wifi router. Chances are your router was provided by your ISP, such as Rogers or AT&T. They may have a guide on their website how to set up your Router to work with the 3DS. You will need information that is sometimes written on a label of the router. (Sorry if I got the companies wrong but I live in the UK.)

Be aware that some free Wifi options require you to visit a webpage to sign in, which will prevent you using a 3DS with that connection.

Some University Halls will block ports that is used for gaming, there is not much a work around for this.

Red and Blue

So I took Nutter's advice and found the error code that pops up whenever I try to connect.

Error Code: 003-1103.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
So I took Nutter's advice and found the error code that pops up whenever I try to connect.

Error Code: 003-1103.

Has anyone experienced this before?
OK, the Code is listed on the Nintendo site. http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=003-1103&system=3DS&locale=lang

Personally, I think that the Code you'll need to put in is not inserted correctly. Some notes to be aware of: WPA is Case Sensitive, so Apple is not the same as APPLE, WEP encoding only uses numbers and the letters A to F. Depending on the router, the default code is often on a sticker on the router. However, this code can be changed by someone with admin access to the router, some of the details sometimes for admin login are also on the same sticker, assuming it isn't changed as well.

Another option, which that usually a Parent/admin will setup is to only allow certain computers online, by MAC filtering. You would need Admin access to the router and the MAC address from the 3DS settings app on the 3ds you want to connect.

Getting admin access to the router is not standardised and I recommed looking at your ISP help site, or router Maker's help site.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
Right. I don't know why this topic wasn't closed ages ago since it's totally irrelevant now. So I am closing and unstickying it. If you have issues connecting with your 3DS or Wii U, it's better just to google the error code.

Status
Not open for further replies.