• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ghost blast

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
well this team was built around one poke, a wall to be exact, cofagrigus. He can wall something like 20 physical threats in the ou and is a complete boss. so lets see how i thought of this team...

Of course i start with cofagrigus.

300px-563Cofagrigus.png

Then, since i like walls i decided to choose a good wall that complements him and covers his weaknesses so i added blissey.

300px-563Cofagrigus.png
160px-242Blissey.png

Then after Blissey I wanted to add a good attacker and the first poke that came to mind is mixApe so.

300px-563Cofagrigus.png
160px-242Blissey.png
190px-392Infernape.png

i then wanted to add a potent sp attacker and latios fit the bill. He resisted alot of annoying types and can do serious damage.

300px-563Cofagrigus.png
160px-242Blissey.png
190px-392Infernape.png
180px-381Latios.png

next i started to think about weather abusers and i thought that mixApe mach punch could ko excadrill and a ice shard user could ko a thunderus in rain and a lilligant soooo i decided on mamoswine.

300px-563Cofagrigus.png
160px-242Blissey.png
190px-392Infernape.png
180px-381Latios.png
250px-473Mamoswine.png

Next i realized I dont really have any poke tht sets up or can efficently sweep so I decided to add a scizor.

300px-563Cofagrigus.png
160px-242Blissey.png
190px-392Infernape.png
180px-381Latios.png
250px-473Mamoswine.png
140px-212Scizor.png

alrite upon help from people in my clan I switched blissey out for an eviolite chansey.

300px-563Cofagrigus.png
190px-392Infernape.png
180px-381Latios.png
250px-473Mamoswine.png
140px-212Scizor.png
113Chansey.png

Well now that u know how i came up with my team then let me show u my team. Also on another note this team seems to be rain weak, if you hav suggestions for replacing moves/pokes to fix this problem im all ears :)

EDIT: things in red were based on critique

190px-392Infernape.png

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Mach Punch

This is pretty much as standard as you can get. It does asmuch damage as it can then switched with u-turn, resetting all the stat drops from close combat and overheat. Mach punch is there to ohko excadrill.

180px-381Latios.png

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock

This guy is a boss. I bring him in on annoying pokes like rotom-w and just draco meteor them to death. Draco meteor is for stab and pure power, surf, hp fire and psyshock are all for coverage.

140px-212Scizor.png

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

This is a bulky scizor set. I love this guy as a late game sweeper because a +2 bullet punch easily kos the opponents weakend pokes. Superpower is for coverage and soi cant get walled by steel types, while roost is there for a reliable recovery move.

300px-563Cofagrigus.png

Cofagrigus (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Haze
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

truly a boss. I can usually bring him in on physical sweepers and either burn/ haze there set ups away. shadow ball is there for an attacking move and to not make this guy complete taunt bait. Recover is there for recovery and works well with blisseys heal bell if i cant wait out te two turns to wake up.

113Chansey.png

Chansey(F) @ eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell

Cofagrigus's main partner. They both cover each others weaknesses perfectly. He provides wish and heal bell support to my team, useful for waking up cofagrigus. Softboiled is for immeadiete health. and seismic toss is usefull for wearing down an opponents team and making them ohko'able by one of my three priority moves.

250px-473Mamoswine.png

Mamoswine (M) @ Life orb
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

my mamoswine..... hmmmm this guy is a great priority user. I luv shooting off cb ice shards and between mach punch, bullet punch and ice shard i think i get perfect coverage with my priority moves. Iccicle crash is a great physical stab, and earthquake/stone edge provide excellent coverage.

Well guys this is my team i hope you enjoyed reading it. Please leave comments below :)

Last edited:
Just one little detail bothers me. Change the nature of Ape from Timid to Naive to Mach Punch/U-turn/Close Combat deal as much as possible while still being able to use Overheat.

multi-scale

Ape needs a nature change.
Any ghost type will wall Chansey to hell and back, and a strong ghost like Gengar can take out a sleeping Cofagrigus as well. ST Chandelure is also a huge threat to both your walls, since it's immune to Will-O-Wisp and can grab a free switch. In fact, Chandelure destroys your entire team besides Latios, so the moment it dies you're screwed. But since I don't know crap about synergy and what not, I can't request any new pokes for you. Sorry. Just know that ST Chandelure is a huge threat.

irock245

She wants it
how long do you usually keep chansey in? If longer for 2 turns, change back to blissey. Also, nearly every one of your pokes gets killed by chandelure. You need some kind of resist. Something like tentacruel of jellicent.