• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ghost Pokémon Everywhere! Everyone's Haunted House!! (1037)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1037.jpg

Ghost Pokémon Everywhere! Everyone's Haunted House!!

Lana's sisters learn about haunted houses and decide that they want to go to one. However, with none in the region, the group decides to make one at the Pokémon School. However, when it's set up, a group of Ghost-type Pokémon soon appear and drag the group into a mystery world. Will they be able to return?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
One of the weird Sun and Moon episodes. I wonder how did Acerola get that Shuppet? And it gets really weird in the dream. I wonder how Acerola, Lana and their Pokémon shrunk as soon as Chandelure poured too much tea to create a tea flood. And how Ash and his classmates were turning into dolls after their encounter with Banette. Mallow, Sophocles and their Pokémon definitely looked bloated after eating the candy house. But otherwise I did like the return of Acerola and seeing her meet and greet Ash's classmates.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
This was a confusing episode, i guess they all were dreaming with the illusion of mismagius as they woke up towards the end. Besides watching all the ghost pokemon from all 6 previous generations was a treat, and lastly that hansel and gretel reference from sophocles and mallow. A very weird episode.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
This was a confusing episode, i guess they all were dreaming with the illusion of mismagius as they woke up towards the end. Besides watching all the ghost pokemon from all 6 previous generations was a treat, and lastly that hansel and gretel reference from sophocles and mallow. A very weird episode.
I believe it was all an illusion created by Mismagius. Mallow and Sophocles found themselves finding it weird that their body shapes had returned to normal and Sarah and Harper were surprised that they don't have wings anymore.

p96822

Evolve me please
So this episode is kind of like the first Mismagius episode but a little bit more boring then weird.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
The episode was pretty boring at the start, but once Mismagius appeared and trapped Ash and co. into Illusion via making them fall asleep. From there it was decently enjoyable which all the crazy things Ash and co. went through in their mightmare ala Mismagius. Basically this episose was Malice In Wonderland 2.0 with less intense action. 6/10.

DatsRight

I don't really know what to make of this episode either. Like last week's it was funny but had no real flowing plot line, it was just weird things happening with the occasional good character gag. In fact this tended to be a problem with all the 'spooky' episodes throughout the anime, they were just strangeness and randomness without much participation from the main characters themselves. It's not really much of an episode for Lana, or her sisters, or Acerola, or even the ghosts that were seemingly just plot devices that abruptly leave after Lana solves the 'puzzle' to getting out (???).

There were fun enough gags though:

* The other classmates being creeped out by Mimi-tan, and then Acerola being the only one creeped out by Samson Oak's puns. Ash is the only one desensitised to all of this.
* So Acerola has a Shuppet now. Shame it doesn't get much screentime.
* Nice to see Gourgeist again, and unfortunately back to it's role as jobber to Ash. :p
* They somehow made Sophocles MORE comically fat.
* I know we have Hansel and Gretel and Alice in Wonderland references, are the puppets a reference to Pinocchio or another story?
* Mallow and Tsareena being relieved their guts have reverted back to normal (they seriously need to do more comedy).
* Popplio's mortified look at the very end of the Poke Problem. Whatever Lana turned into it was not for mortal eyes.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Hmm... I'm not sure what to say about this episode. Was it enjoyable? Yes. Was there any plot? ... Eh, kind of. I mean I think it was more towards being scary but also like they took inspiration from Alice in Wonderland and Hansel & Gretel. I did like that Nekoara was the one to wake them up and Lana and Acerola's tea sailing adventure was a fun ride along. I'm kind of disappointed how they barely used everyone else especially Mallow and Soph who got hilariously more fatter. It was neat seeing Lillie, Ash, Kiawe, and their Pokémon as puppets being used as play toys by other Ghost Pokémon and seeing Ho and Sui with wings but it didn't really do anything but be visually pleasing.

I was entertained throughout the episode and noticed the small details (Pikachu looking angry at the Gourgeist and was the first to attack. Also Mallow being relieved she isn't fat anymore), it was a wild haunted illusion. I guess I'm just puzzled by what this episode was meant to be outside of being Halloween themed and aimed towards being a mix of creepy, scary, and comical (hey, I practically answered my own question.)

Oh man is Lana the best big sister. Ho and Sui definitely pushed her over this edge this time! :p Best part of the episode is definitely the "Where is Eevee Going?" segment. Loved that he was in a Kibago printed box (almost like they made a self aware reference of Kibago always getting lost and Eevee is lost at sea), thank you for those precious moments. I love it when they have these small scenes where the Pokemon are doing their own thing, no need for translation when you can show it visually.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Meh, wasn't a fan. I'm generally not a fan of horror movies/episodes but Acerola just made it worse. I did like the references though

Eevee only grabbed my attention even more

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Meh, wasn't a fan. I'm generally not a fan of horror movies/episodes but Acerola just made it worst. I did like the references though

Eevee only grabbed my attention even more

The Litwick episode from BW and the Dusknoir episode top this one by miles.

This episode is generally one trippy ride. (All dreams are like that irl.) The ghost didn't anything special out of basic ghost stuff. (Though the red moon in the background was creepy.) The tea cup ride was a joy to watch, the puppet thing was creepy... and then there is the Hansel and Gretle reference. (Mallow actually got thick and Tsareena was plump enough to look like the fruit she was based on.)

Komola showing up and triggering something that woke everyone up was where everything went to what territory and once that was done, the ghost were gone. Then Lana scared her sisters into behaving.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I did enjoy the appearences of the ghost Pokemons from different generations but I thought some events were questionable.

We couldn't see in details how Kiawe, Ash & Lillie were turning into dolls after encountering Banette, it just happened.

Acelora & Lana were watching Chandelure pouring tea and then the next scene they were inside a giant cup navigating against the tea river.

I wondered if Mallow being obese, with thick legs and huge cheek after eating those house candies was intended to make fun of her to the same extent as Sophocles physical appearance.

But it's good to see an unusual expression from Tsareena where it enjoyed eating candies, as it usually had that bored stare without its mouth.

Lana's little sisters sure enjoyed interacting the ghosts, more so when they got the ability to fly. But they got scared when Lana showed her evil aura to them.

Aww, Gourgesits how I missed them. I wondered why Ash didn't say " Hey, I remember those Gourgeists. Jessie used to have one of them when I traveled in Kalos". That would be a nice continuity. :p

Ok episode overall. Nice Pokemon appearences but forgettable enough not to watch it again.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
Also, Fat mallow might be able to cook better + tsareena would love kicking something or someone with her

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
People like to do fanart of the characters being overweight... For some reason.

Sarah and Harper

So that's their dub names? I like it.

* I know we have Hansel and Gretel and Alice in Wonderland references, are the puppets a reference to Pinocchio or another story?

I've noticed Hansel and Gretel but completly missed Alice in Wonderland. Now I get it's the one bit with Lana and Acerola. Good catch!

I did enjoy the appearences of the ghost Pokemons from different generations

We got one from every generation so far which was something I really appreciated!

We couldn't see in details how Kiawe, Ash & Lillie were turning into dolls after encountering Banette, it just happened.

Acelora & Lana were watching Chandelure pouring tea and then the next scene they were inside a giant cup navigating against the tea river.

I think that was the point of the "scary" element of the scenes. One time they are randomly doing those things then things escalate and become crazy.

Aww, Gourgesits how I missed them. I wondered why Ash didn't say " Hey, I remember those Gourgeists. Jessie used to have one of them when I traveled in Kalos". That would be a nice continuity.

Seems really unnecessary IMHO

I like how the writting somethings alude to the fact Ash have met a certain Pokémon without actually filling the screen with references and flashbacks. An example from the top of mind would be Ash finding out Sceptile can mega evolve. Considering how he reacted when Sawyer talked about it he seemed very interested. For the newcomer, it's just Ash surprised, but for us you can definitely assume he was thinking of his and was interested to learn more so one day he can use it.

DatsRight

Huh. Why is Fat Mallow suddenly popular?

I think it's because Mallow tends to be deemed 'the boring one' of the group who doesn't do a lot of slapstick or comedy so it's amusing the rare time she's the butt of a joke. There was interest when she took part in the Pokeball beatdown in the Stakataka episode as well.

Aww, Gourgesits how I missed them. I wondered why Ash didn't say " Hey, I remember those Gourgeists. Jessie used to have one of them when I traveled in Kalos". That would be a nice continuity. :p

You forget that the twerps tend to lack object permanence around Team Rocket. :p

Apslup

Feelin' Fine.
This was a pretty strange episode. Seeing Acerola back (one of my favorite SM Characters) was a real treat, despite the fact that she didn't do much. This episode reminded me of OS Episode 23 "Capture at the Pokémon Tower!", where Ash and Pikachu basically die in the Pokemon Tower after a Chandelier falls on them, their souls are taken out of their bodies and they play with a Gastly, a Haunter and a Gengar before being restored. I felt this way due to how the gang of Ghost Type Pokemon played with Lana's sisters and how the rest of the Gang went to look for them with not much success.

I really enjoyed the dreams that were conjured up by the Mismagius; I found them very abstract, along with how they immobilised the Gang, making the situation seem hopeless (special mention goes to the Puppet one and man I can't get the image of Fat Mallow out of my head).

Aside from that and the pretty decent visuals, this episode is pretty meh. Next episodes looks pretty decent though.

Last edited:

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
This was a pretty strange episode. Seeing Acerola back (one of my favorite SM Characters) was a real treat, despite the fact that she didn't do much. This episode reminded me of OS Episode 23 "Capture at the Pokémon Tower!", where Ash and Pikachu pretty much die in the Pokemon Tower after a Chandelier falls on them, their souls are taken out of their bodies and they play with a Gastly, a Haunter and a Gengar before being restored. I felt this way due to how the gang of Ghost Type Pokemon played with Lana's sisters and how the rest of the Gang went to look for them with not much success.

I really enjoyed the dreams that were conjured up by the Mismagius; I found them very abstract, along with how they immobilised the Gang, making the situation seem hopeless (special mention goes to the Puppet one and man I can't get the image of Fat Mallow out of my head).

Aside from that and the pretty decent visuals, this episode is pretty meh. Next episodes looks pretty decent though.

It's a trippy episode and it falls short to the likes of the Litwick episode (An episode that is actually scary) in BW or the Dusknoir episode in DP. I enjoyed it, but I would only watch it again once subs come.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Anyway I felt that it was somehow similar to Malice in Wonderland! but with less involvement from Mismagius. But then it would have been a nice reference if Rayquaza or Ultra Necrozma did but considering that there was an 'Ultra Necrozma' in the last episode and that the writers probably didn't want to force too many references this time compared to the last episode it just didn't happen.