• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ghost Pokémon Everywhere! Everyone's Haunted House!! (1037)

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm glad this episode actually showed off another of Acerola's Pokemon. Too many of the Trial Captains/Kahunas that aren't major characters never use Pokemon we haven't seen in previous appearances until now.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So that's their dub names? I like it.
These are their dub names. Lana's younger twin sisters are also in the games where they also have the same names.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
So, uh, are Mimikyu supposed to be some weird slime blob, or is that only because Mimi-tan is a ghost? I was hoping to have at least one Mimikyu on this show not be some eldritch hellspawn, but I guess not. At least this one isn't a murderous eldritch hellspawn.

Overall, a cute episode. I liked seeing Komala be relevant again. Good use of its nature of always being asleep.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
this was fun but disapointingly tame, I wanted to question myself if I was on every drug that existed

xEryChan

Demon Child
This episode was actually really entertaining to watch. While it is a filler Halloween episode, I still thought it was pretty good. It did start out slow. I loved seeing Acerola again and Harper and Sarah are still as annoying as always but they are little kids so I can let that slide. Once the ghost Pokemon showed up, things got really interesting. Throughout most of the episode, I was confused about what was going on, especially when Ash, Kiawe, and Lillie ended up as puppets. But it turned out to be an illusion created by Mismagius.

I’m going to be scared for life about fat Mallow. What did you do to my girl? Come on, Pokemon, why? Why you do that to my Alolan Queen! Why?

Overall, fun Halloween episode. I enjoyed it more than I thought I was going to. 7.5/10

DatsRight

I’m going to be scared for life about fat Mallow. What did you do to my girl? Come on, Pokemon, why? Why you do that to my Alolan Queen! Why?

Mallow and Tsareena seldom take part in the slapstick abuse or other transformation/Pokemon attack effects stuff. Their warranty had to run out eventually, and so they hit where it hurts. :p

I mean come on, Mallow's a cook. Even if it wasn't about her, a fat joke had to come in at SOME point.

Shame they didn't utilise Mismagius' design for the 'witch with cooking pot' role. I'd have loved to see the four panic on that revelation.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Mallow and Tsareena seldom take part in the slapstick abuse or other transformation/Pokemon attack effects stuff. Their warranty had to run out eventually, and so they hit where it hurts. :p

I mean come on, Mallow's a cook. Even if it wasn't about her, a fat joke had to come in at SOME point.

You do know that I meant what I said about fat Mallow as a joke, right? I was not being serious.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Happy Halloween!

Not a bad episode for this time at all. I'm so glad one ghost Pokemon from each generation was able to show up including the Litwick line again! Would haved liked Cofagrigus too but at least there was that mask haha. The OS and the Litwick episodes were better imo but this episode definitely shines the best in terms of the amount of Ghost Pokemon shown!

Last, even if you're not a huge fan of her (like me), you gotta respect Lana for putting her annoying sisters in her place for once!

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Happy Halloween!

Not a bad episode for this time at all. I'm so glad one ghost Pokemon from each generation was able to show up including the Litwick line again! Would haved liked Cofagrigus too but at least there was that mask haha. The OS and the Litwick episodes were better imo but this episode definitely shines the best in terms of the amount of Ghost Pokemon shown!

Last, even if you're not a huge fan of her (like me), you gotta respect Lana for putting her annoying sisters in her place for once!

This episode is trippy, chaotic... much like waking up from a dream. It is unique and fun, I put this as the 3rd best we got in the ghost pokemon episodes. The Litwick episode, the Dusknoir episode in DP being the ones that top this. (The characters were in actual danger in those two.) While the OS episode (I know what your talking about, the episode about Gastly and the abomination known as Venustoise.) follows this... that episode was pretty much because of Gastly and the fun he brought.

DatsRight

Happy Halloween!

Hah, you saved this episode for the occasion, didn't you?

Well we had doll, shrinking (again) and overweight transformations, I suppose mummification couldn't have hurt (and likely do SM's 'Pokegirl gets tied up' quota). :p

This episode is trippy, chaotic... much like waking up from a dream. It is unique and fun, I put this as the 3rd best we got in the ghost pokemon episodes. The Litwick episode, the Dusknoir episode in DP being the ones that top this. (The characters were in actual danger in those two.) While the OS episode (I know what your talking about, the episode about Gastly and the abomination known as Venustoise.) follows this... that episode was pretty much because of Gastly and the fun he brought.

I think what puts a lot of those above this one is that often the Ghost Pokemon invading were actually characters or antagonists, while here they're more plot devices. They don't even appear again after everyone wakes up, they served their purpose and are randomly gone.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I also forgot something that was also kind of creepy in this episode: How did Tsareena consume that food without any known mouth? That's as freaky as some of the other stuff that went on. I know there's other things in the games/anime like Kyurem being said to consume things despite its mouth being frozen shut but still.

Agreed on the uniqueness though. Yeah Malice in Wonderland also had a Mismagius but the two plots in those episodes are entirely different. I'm surprised even Gengar didn't make an appearance too!

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Places a flash light from under my chin and light it up to show a face resembling an skeleton.

"The mouth is under that turtle neck! It is there, but you will never see it!"

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Nice to see that the writers have firmly shoved Mallow and Sophocles into the "completely useless and irrelevant" character category

They didn't even question where they were, what was going on, or look for their friends

All they did was eat and make all those Obese Mallow pictures on DeviantArt canon

Everything else was alright though

DatsRight

Nice to see that the writers have firmly shoved Mallow and Sophocles into the "completely useless and irrelevant" character category

They didn't even question where they were, what was going on, or look for their friends

All they did was eat and make all those Obese Mallow pictures on DeviantArt canon

Everything else was alright though

Meh, Sophocles is at least comic relief that occasionally does something meaningful. Mallow has at least been promoted to comic relief instead of being useless even for comedy.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
Oh yes, because when an Eevee nearly drowns in the ocean, I TOTALLY want to hear joyful jaunty music being played over it!! Mima, you're an absolute ****ing idiot.
An absolute.
****ING!
IDIOT!!

Anyway, this was a neat little short, too. Looks like this Eevee's gonna be making lots of friends in the wild on the way to Alola.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
...What in the name of Tapu Koko did I just watch? o_O

This episode was just...weird. It started off normal enough, with Ash and his friends setting up a haunted house for Lana's crazy little sisters who get more annoying with each episode they appear in, but the moment Mismagius showed up and teleported the kids to child!Lewis Carroll's nightmares, things started climbing toward Alice in Wonderland levels of bonkers.