• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ghost TEAM

ilucado

Blaine's Style!
So I was thinking... Ghost Pokemon are so cool! Why not make a Ghost Team!?
And so I made a list of good Ghost pkmn and I would like that you guys defend at least one or 2 Ghost pkmn and how could they be used! :)

+Gengar
+Drifblim
+Mismagius
+Spiritomb
+Froslass
+Dusclops (Eviolite)
+Rotom
+Jellicent
+Chandelure
+Golurk

Thanks for the help and have fun! ;)

If you run Specially Defensive Spiritomb and can somehow prevent Scarf Tyranitar from wrecking you mono Ghost teams are reasonably decent. Throw HP Fighting on everything that can run it. You will still probably lose.. a lot.

Good luck beating Excadrill :(

Cometk

west side
If you run Specially Defensive Spiritomb and can somehow prevent Scarf Tyranitar from wrecking you mono Ghost teams are reasonably decent. Throw HP Fighting on everything that can run it. You will still probably lose.. a lot.

Beta Server has a Monotype tier you goof.

Anyway, Ghost-mono is good but can't compete with Fighting-mono!

lol whats the point of making monotype teams if you only fight other monotype teams. It just turns into a cluster**** of mono dragons and Rain.

Mono fighting is indeed the best.

Cometk

west side
lol whats the point of making monotype teams if you only fight other monotype teams. It just turns into a cluster**** of mono dragons and Rain.

Mono fighting is indeed the best.

You'd be surprised how much mono-dragon sucks. Drizzle got banned in monotype, every tournament ended up being rain vs. rain. :[

I thought Dragon was banned (or somehow nerfed) since it was all but an auto win against non steel teams just by spamming scarf Meteors and Steel couldn't really stop the coverage moves reliably.

LinksOcarina

The true master
No Cofagrigus on this list makes me sad! The thing is a damage sponge and an excellent wall and stall pokemon.

Battlestar

TRC Boss
Well you can use gengar as a good offensive force also give it a life orb and a couple of EVs in attack for explosion. Then it's a big threat

ilucado

Blaine's Style!
Thanks for all of your posts guys! ;) I made my team:
-Dusclops (Evolite) this guy is better than it's Evo it has base stats of: 135 Def and SpDef!!
-Gengar but I'll make that change and give him Explosion
-Spiritomb with Memento/Curse/Sub/Rest I might change Rest for Pain Split
-Froslass
-Golurk with DW No Guard.. to bad it isn't out yet...

Zachmac

Thanks for all of your posts guys! ;) I made my team:
-Dusclops (Evolite) this guy is better than it's Evo it has base stats of: 135 Def and SpDef!!
-Gengar but I'll make that change and give him Explosion
-Spiritomb with Memento/Curse/Sub/Rest I might change Rest for Pain Split
-Froslass
-Golurk with DW No Guard.. to bad it isn't out yet...

That's only five. I'd say use chandalure(scarf) or jellicent as your last member.

ilucado

Blaine's Style!
That's only five. I'd say use chandalure(scarf) or jellicent as your last member.

lol you're right! xD my bad... And I'm using the Scarfed chandelure! ;)

Psycho Cut

I've had quite effective use of mismagius, with this set:

Mismagius @ Leftovers/Sitrus Berry
Levitate
Calm
EVs: 178 Sp.Def, 165 Sp.Atk, 165 Speed.
Moves:
--Pain split
--Will-o-wisp
--Calm Mind
--Shadow Ball

So it's mainly a special wall who can survive long enough to get a few calm minds in, also empowering shadow ball. Then pain split to heal (thinking of replacing with rest though) and it's not too shabby agaisnt physical attakers, as with its speed it can usually get a will-o-wisp in. I had great success with it in a recent rotation battle against a friend :)

Jak2551

~SHARK FIGHTA~

Golurk handles Excadrill nicely.

Golurk @Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Def
Adamant Nature
Ability: Iron Fist
-Earthquake
-Shadow Punch
-Hammer Arm
-Stone Edge

Earthquake + CB + STAB will murder those nasty Excadrillz :) Shockingly Golurk can learn Fly :eek:

ilucado

Blaine's Style!

Golurk @Choice Band
Adamant Nature
-Earthquake
-Shadow Punch
-Hammer Arm
-Stone Edge

Earthquake + CB + STAB will murder those nasty Excadrillz :) Shockingly Golurk can learn Fly :eek:

The guy is an Iron Man!!! =O that set is very nice indeed! to bad he can't learn shadow sneak tho...

sunnygowing

Getting there...
How does this sound for a Dusclops moveset:

Dusclops
Item: Eviolite
Nature: (Haven't yet decided)
EVs: (Haven't yet decided)
Ability: Pressure
-Curse
-Pain Split
-Will-O-Wisp/ Toxic
-Mean Look/ Substitute/ Protect

Also, what should the nature and EV spread be? Should I not worry about health seeing as its so low and just boost def and sp. def?

I know one thing about this Dusclops already... it's gonna be hard to train!

Golurk @Choice Band
Adamant Nature
-Earthquake
-Shadow Punch
-Hammer Arm
-Stone Edge

OHKOed by +2 Earthquake. You could probably just use a very bulky Evolite Misdreavous to stop Excadrill. +2 Rock Slide deals 31.5% - 37.3% while you can Pain Split or Will-O-Wisp it to death.

ilucado

Blaine's Style!
The current team in PO:

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Disable
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak
- Substitute

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic

Gengar @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

Spiritomb @ Lum Berry
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Memento
- Curse
- Rest

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Trait: Snow Cloak
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave/Destiny Bond
- Signal Beam/Destiny Bond

Golurk @ Leftovers
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Def / 64 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- DynamicPunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Iron Defense

If you have any question about the sets just ask or leave your comments! :) thanks

Run Evolite Misdreavous somewhere, otherwise fighting Excadrill is an auto loss. Use Jellicent as well to keep Water and rain teams from massacring you.

ilucado

Blaine's Style!
Run Evolite Misdreavous somewhere, otherwise fighting Excadrill is an auto loss. Use Jellicent as well to keep Water and rain teams from massacring you.

Should I take Spiritomb for Misdreavous and Golurk for Jellicent?