• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ghosts in the Pokemon Series

Swampasaur

The Swamp Creature!
As you guys may have noticed, there are a lot of ghosts in the main Pokemon games. We have the girl ghost in the Old Chateau, the ghost girl on the Marvelous bridge, and Cubone's mother. These ghosts often do nothing important. The only one of any real importance was Cubone's mother whom you battled. So basically...

Do the ghosts make the series too dark? Should they be removed?

Or do they enhance the experience? Should we have more?

AwesomeReshiram93

THE MANNIS ARISES
They should stay. It may make it darker for younger kids (and even scary) but they are actually fun to find. They make the games a tad interesting and thus they should be more in future games.

Swampasaur

The Swamp Creature!
They should stay. It may make it darker for younger kids (and even scary) but they are actually fun to find. They make the games a tad interesting and thus they should be more in future games.

Honestly I agree. I like finding the ghosts. I'm just curious as to what other people think.

Serebii!

I like the ghosts, they are alright and they should have some small plot behind them or do something when you interact with them

☭Secret_Shocker☭

I kinda like them. They should stay, they add to the game's awesomeness.

FusionKT

*cough*
i like them but some i would like to know the backstory to a bit more such as the ghosts in the old chateau

Torosiken

This is a title.
I enjoy ghosts in the games, but I am scared XD *shot*

lemme add one more ghost : from B2W2 :p there's a girl that suddenly appeared, and the moving furnitures.

(·-·)(o_O)

oh hai there
I really love those ghost guys. They're always so mysterious and I like finding out their back stories

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
Let me add one ghost to this list:

On Route 217 in Gen4 (but maybe just Platinum), there's a little house near the icy rock where you evolve Eevee into Glaceon. When you go into the house and talk to the woman, you get a Spell Tag. Then, when you leave and come back, she's gone.

As for keeping the ghosts in the game, I agree wholeheartedly with the above posters. Ghosts add a new side to Pokemon that doesn't have to be taken away.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
That ghost butler in the Chateu also *shudders* that place gave me the creeps with that portrait that had red eyes, but they would mysteriously dissappear when you got too close.

It's strange, but you can't look away when you see one in the game.

Geekachu

But anyway, the Pokemon games have currently removed most references to death (the actual act of dying) and violence, something which somewhat made the games more interesting. I'd rather not have ghosts become another sugar-coated taboo.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
I believe that these paranormal elements in the game are interesting and GF should do another one of those side-quests dealing with ghosts like they did with the dead Marowak in Lavender town.

Ghost pokemon, human ghosts, they were all interesting to find in the games. I do hope that we'll be getting more of a plot introduced about the Old Chateu. Not that I'm expecting 4th gen remakes, but a better understanding of it would be nice.

Honeyichigo

The manliest