• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ghoul Daze (558)

Jorah

What do I put here?
Both Pokecommunity and BMGf aren't working? And I have to use Serebii? Not fun. Luckily, this episode was, it was really good!

- I like how Angie's and Ash's arms make whooshing noises when they move them...I wish mine did XD
- Huzzah! Brock gets the filler character
- "Pokemonic!"
- Hehe they tried to fit too much into the line where Ash gets the medal and he's still talking when Ash's mouth has stopped moving
- Ash is *really* strong to be able to hold onto Angie with one hand haha

I counted 9 pieces of music kept, but I think I messed up somewhere.

Rex Kamex

I'm glad for all the Japanese pieces of BGM kept, but I can't help but have the feeling there was some really epic music when Angie was about to be sucked into the Spirit World (which, by the way, is reminding me of that show Yu Yu Hakusho.)

the1stpkmnfan said:
Hopefully, they entrance can no longer create a crossover to their world, that was heart pounding.

I wouldn't mind if it happened...

(Ash wouldn't be stuck there forever, if it did...)

But those Ash and Angie moments were a bit corny (even for me). Good thing she's only got one more episode and a filler.

It can't be much of a filler if it has a recurring character, can it?

I liked this ep of the School arc (except the corny Ash and Angie parts, Im a pearlshipper btw). It made the anime more dark imo. The ghost girl just freaked me out (a little). They partnered up Dawn with that Kendal guy to have something happen to Conway. lol when Dawn saw an unconsious Conway next to Dusknoir, it made Dusknoir look like he killed him. (Framed) Other than that i think this episode was nice (or evil).

PokemonHero

I can see the future
This episode turned out better than I thought. That ghost girl was freaky. Man, had it not been for Dusknoir, she would've led Conway to his death. And, of course, Dusknoir gets framed so many times.

When that girl opened up the entrance to the Spirit World and tried to drag Ash and Angie in...damn, that freaked me out a little. And after Dusknoir hit the ghost with the attack and sent it back into the Spirit World...definitely one of the coolest moments in recent memory.

This was a great episode in a great arc. What more can you ask for?

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Well, Hero, I wonder if that girl was a ghost pokemon possessing her, or if it was just some freaky ghost thing..

It was most likely a human ghost I think, they probably would've revealed the pokemon when Dusknoir pwned it.

Yeah, definitely one of the coolest episodes I've seen.

Viva La Revolution

frogguh PAWNCH!
This was a great episode. Tiny ghost children, Gengars, multi-person Pose of Grand Awesome, Conway nearly being led to his doom and being saved by a Dusknoir who everyone frames... It's episodes like this that keep the anime worth my half-hour a week. xD

The climax of the episode - Ghost Child opening a portal to the Spirit World and Angie and Ash nearly being sucked in? It was completely epic. Part of me knew Dusknoir would save their tails, but the scenes where it happened in was so awesome - especially Ghost Child getting shattered into wisps of shadow. (I wonder what she was... probably a human spirit, but I almost thought it was a Spiritomb for a few seconds.)

I like the Summer School arc even more now.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was good. Kendell was weird, but I actually thought Dawn was referring to Conway at first. It was cool to see a Dusknoir. He was a cool pokemon.

One question. What was that attack Dusknoir used to knock the girl back to the spirit world?

HoennMaster

It was okay, my least favorite of the summer school so far.

Linkdarkside

the episode was great but the medal part was kinda wierd.

man i really like Dusknoir VA and Dusknoir became my favorite ghoast pokemon.

This episode was good. Kendell was weird, but I actually thought Dawn was referring to Conway at first. It was cool to see a Dusknoir. He was a cool pokemon.

I thought Dawn was referring to Conway too when she was all "I feel something creepy behind me." It made me sad -is a HeatTagshipper- But Dawn was actually worried about him when he fainted! (Which was actually really funny).

Zomg Rank Up to Johto finally!

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
Another first class episode. Amazing work and great entertainment!:bounce:

The underlying idea of this episode, searching for and retrieving a medal in a creepy environment full of ghost Pokemon at night was definitely a good basis for an awesome plot which was put into practice very successfully!

Everybody must have noticed by now how mature Pokemon has become over the years. Could you have imagined just one year ago that a demon, disguised as an innocent girl and pulling people to their deaths, would actually be part of a Pokemon episode some day? -Pokemon, a series that used to know only happy ends
As Sinnoh has constantly been surprising us since its start, you can't help being delighted how much Pokemon has developed by now. Awesome!

The deserved winner of this week's "Best Comedian"-Award is undoubtedly Meowth. If he wasn't so hilarious, I would even feel pity for this "poor" clown who always has to do menial tasks and serve as the stooge of "Queen Jessie" :-D

To be honest, I absolutely can't get why Ash's and Angie's joint posing bothered you. You see, I loved it, even if they had repeated it three times. Somehow that scene was impressive and heroic alike.
Talking of heroic scenes, of course I won't forget to analyse the most heroic one of all, the overwhelming climax:
Ash fighting against the storm coming from the spirit world and holding Angie's hand tightly was without doubt THE best scene of the whole episode! Not to forget his passionate "I won't give up, even if that means forever (ash_ forever ^^)!" Wow, that was....almost indescribable! Either cold shivers run down your spine when you watch this scene or...you are a ghost from the spirit world yourself!!:-D
That passionate, heroic scene confirms once again that we may be overjoyed and proud to be fans of the greatest character ever: Our hero Ash!

Unfortunately(!), I also have to critize two things (and I'd like to hear your opinion on them):
1. Awesome though it was, but I'm afraid that we'll never hear something about the spirit world again. There's a high probability to assume that it will just fall into oblivion. Or to express it more creatively: that the spirit world-plot itself will be sucked into the spirit world and be forgotten.
What do you thing?

2. Prof. Rowan is slowly getting on my nerves. Kind though he may be but he judges highly UNFAIRLY! As some of you have already mentioned, Ash and Angie were the only ones to find and retrieve the medal, so why in the world (of Pokemon ^^) is EVERY team given 30 points!? NO, I can't agree with that mean decision at all. If I were Ash, I would have complained, you bet!!
What do you think accounts for that decision? I don't know what to make of it.

Apart from those two points of criticism, it was an excelllent and unique episode. I enjoyed every second and that's why I'll go and watch it again now.

8 out of 10 points

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
1. Awesome though it was, but I'm afraid that we'll never hear something about the spirit world again. There's a high probability to assume that it will just fall into oblivion. Or to express it more creatively: that the spirit world-plot itself will be sucked into the spirit world and be forgotten.
What do you thing?

True, but you never know. The spirit world might come back in a future episode.

2. Prof. Rowan is slowly getting on my nerves. Kind though he may be but he judges highly UNFAIRLY! As some of you have already mentioned, Ash and Angie were the only ones to find and retrieve the medal, so why in the world (of Pokemon ^^) is EVERY team given 30 points!? NO, I can't agree with that mean decision at all. If I were Ash, I would have complained, you bet!!
What do you think accounts for that decision? I don't know what to make of it.

^I agree with you. Ash's team should have gotten more points than the other teams because they were the only ones to get the medal.

dman_dustin

Seemed pretty obvious to me that it was Psychic.

Since when has psychic looked like some will-o-wisp like style attack. Psychic has always been portrayed as invisible force.

Edit: Hold on...I might be thinking of another instance.

2nd Edit: Okay it might have been Psychic, but that's really odd since psychic has never been so visible.

Last edited:

AstralEon

The one and only.
Interesting and exciting episode. This one I payed real close attention to it. Usually some episodes bore me but this one was just great.

Its been a while since Ash and co. been teamed up with different characters. It made things even more better. I was getting sick of them being team up with each other all the time. No doubt Ash and Angie would be paired together. Dawns partner just creeped me out and what a wuss he was.... and Brocks partner seemed OK. Conways partner was scary and mysterious.

For me, the creepy little girl looked like a Ralts o_O Seriously, look at the resemblance in them two. Its like a Dark version of Ralts. ;280;

Well lucky for Conway Dusknoir was around to save him. Though it looked like Dusknoir just attacked him(framed). Excellent seeing Dusknoir though.

The part where Ash was holding on to Angie dear life was pretty heroic. Although it was a bit too much for me, it was still good.

Also, it was nice seeing other Ghost pokes. I loved them in this episode. A good scare is what everyone needs once in a while.

8/10

On to the next.

Rebeccag

ooh good episode in fact a tad scary as well espically the girl
Liked the group splitting up and the Ash/Angie scene was cute as well espically when he saved her^_^. I also liked the group all coming as well to rescue them

thunderblade12

Good episde. The death theme was kept surprisingly. They sure said it enough times.

"Dusknoir takes people off to the spirit world" - Multiple characters
"I survived?" - Meowth
"Its killing my ears!" - Ash
"I would have been a goner!" - Conway
I paraphrased because I don't remember the lines exactly.

The little girl in this episode reminded me of one of those little dead kids from generic horror movies with all of the "Come play with me" lines.