• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gible! Get It! (625)

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Lol, The 4th Kira, don't you like Gible? Because you're talking about the appearances as if they were all random Gible episodes, where in fact (which you probably know) one was to set up for Ash to capture one, and the other Gible was in fact the one Ash would catch after he left a long running member behind. I think it was adequate to give it an episode of forshadowing and then two episodes to join the cast. You just have to see the last two episodes as if he was already on the team.. then you'd have no problem at all.. or else you'd just look as if you're still stuck up on Gliscor leaving and Gible taking its place..

NES

Flip me to the side!
I wouldn't say Gible had 3 episodes to debut, it is more like an arc for the one Ash got, like several of his pokemon have got.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Gible reminds me alot like Aipom.Both were flowing the group.It was nice to see a main character with a psedou Legendary(Larvitar was for a short time).Empoleon did win because it was stronger than Gible.I can Imagine Garchomp Vs Empoleon in the league(Well,It could happen).

10/10

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I never thought I would see the day Ash would get a Dragon-Type pokemon, it's so great. I like Gible and I think it fits better with Ash's team than Gliscor did. The battle with Barry was also pretty cool and Empoleon using Drill Peck was too. Great episode.

halloweenghost

Fun Episode.. all I'm gonna say is I bet all the piplup haters are happy to see piplup blasted by draco meteor lately..

Poor Piplup

Last edited:

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Such a silly episode this week. :p I loved that Gible bit Ash's head so many times. xp Sometimes even Barry's. xD Also enjoyed seeing Piplup hit with Fail'o'Meteor. :p

Gible was just so silly in this episode, since weve saw more this week of him. I chuckled when he ate Ash's Poke Ball, and ate Barry's Free Bike! XD Boy was he mad.

The awkward silence between Gible and TR was also silly. xp

In the end, happy to see Ash has got his Gible!

Barry totally hax'd when he used Hydro Cannon 2 times in a row so fast.

Overall, what a nice way to end Season 12. Im sad that the seasons now came to a good end, but Im excited to say Season 13 is on its way!

Torpoleon

I really liked the episode. Especially Gible constantly biting people/things. Nice to see Barry has 6 badges. Barry has 6, Ash has 7 & Paul has 8. Ash VS Barry was great as well. Too bad Ash lost, making that his first loss to Barry. The Draco Meteor hitting Piplup Gag is also pretty funny as well.
10/10

Great way to end Season 12: Pokemon Diamond & Pearl: Galactic Battles. It's been a nice year and a week, Season 12.

Dattebayo

Banned
My pro and con about Gible:

Pro - This is Ash's very first dragon type, and of course his very first uber pokemon if it fully evolves

Con - Ash's team is once again unbalanced because if his Grotle ever evolves, he'll have two ground types. Ash should've get a Drapion instead to prevent the huge weakness to ice moves in his team.

Also, Barry = Best Rival Ever!

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was good. Meowth's use of Gible's constant eating for Giovanni was hilarious. I found it funny also how Ash jumped across the cliff when there was a bridge nearby. Ash's first dragon pokemon. Awesome. I like how Piplup is afraid of Draco Meteor.

>Ash jumping halfway through the edge was simply...unreal! Couldn't he just take the bridge that was in the backdrop rather risk his life for Gible?
>Gible is mighty awesome!
>Empolean was quite unamused with Barry today.
>It's great to see Barry again. How long has it been? Almost a year since his last appearance?
>Well the season is over and that's a wrap, see you next week everybody at the Sinnoh League Victors!

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
The dubbing of great eps like these leaves me wanting. I mean, if theyre rubbish in Japanese anyway, like the contests eps or boring eps, its not important, but these two eps.........wish theyd been done a teeny bit better.

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
Oh happy day!

Yes, this is truly the moment we've all been waiting for. Ash finally got the Pokemon that will turn him from an average trainer into an advanced, serious one.
Pikachu, Charizard, Snorlax, Sceptile, Monferno and now Gible (which will hopefully soon be a Garchomp), yes, his all-star team is certainly taking shape!
Without any doubt a great day for every Pokemon fan and especially for me it's one of those days I've been waiting for since Pokemon started airing.

Just two suggestions for improvement with regard to the battle between Gible and Empoleon:

1. Ash, a good trainer should predict that your opponent will aim for the hole after your own Pokemon used Dig. You should have prepared yourself and commanded Gible to come out immediately.
For example, Gible could have prepared another Dragon Pulse while being underground, then jump out when Empoleon attacked the hole and attack the penguin Pokemon with a Dragon Pulse. As Empoleon had just fired off his attack, it would have been extremely difficult for him to defend himself or counterattack, so Gible's Dragon Pulse would have hit most likely. BOOM!

2. When Gible dodged Empoleon's Steel Wing by using Dig and then chased after him underground (the scene where you could only see his fin), it jumped over the penguin, then attacked him from above with Rock Smash. However, Empoleon was able to hurl him back with his flipper.
In this situation it would have been wiser if Gible had used Dragon Pulse first. Maybe Empoleon would have repelled this attack too, but the difference is that Gible would still have been over Empoleon, because the latter only repelled Gible's attack, but not Gible himself. So after Dragon Pulse, the land shark could have used an extremely painful Rock Smash on Empoleon's back. And considering that a fighting move against a Steel type would have done much damage, this would have been a highly successful move! BOOM!
Wow, I would be a great Pokemon trainer, I know it!

All in all, a great episode which deserves

9 out of 10 points

SmartD

It's a good episode. Ash catches the Gible from the last episode and battles it with Barry. Too bad Ash lost, although he just caught Gible right now. It's funny how it keeps biting Ash's head. Again I heard season one music when Barry tried to catch Gible.

Vernikova

Champion
I love Dawn's one-liners every time that Barry joins the group. They should have a little segment after every episode with just these two hanging around each other. The ninja Blastoise was kind of cool but it was a bit "meh" for me. I am impressed about how quickly Gible has begun to annoy me though. Not even Gligar annoyed me this quickly so it's got that going for it.

I do like how Piplup ran away when he saw that Gible was going to use Draco Meteor again. As well as Empoleon's facial expressions when Barry did something stupid.

Animefan145

Yeah, great and funny episode. Yay, Ash has his first Dragon type ever! I don't ever expect it to evolve, but still, its great to see Ash officially catch a Pokemon that could evolve into something really powerful, rather than just something like that Larvitar that they took care of for a while back in Johto. Its also got a funny personality, although Piplup's in for a lot of pain. It follows Ash all the way to the next town, but then eats the Poke Ball. And nice to see someone other than Pikachu destroy a bike for once. And Barry always spices up an episode. I still miss Gliscor, but at least Ash has a full team now, for when he hits the next gym and then the League. It was a great season, going to miss the Galactic Battles opening a bit- just hope the next one is good too.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
Pretty good episode. I still find it funny that Piplup got hit by Draco Meteor again. Also, I am not surprised Gible lost to Empoleon. Gible is inexperienced. It will be cool watching Ash train with Gible.

Tf5174

Good episode finale and i can't wait for the next season to begin.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
This was a good ep. If all eps were like this, the D/P series would be way more enjoyable.

After all these years, Ash finally has a dragon-type. All that's left is a Psychic, Dark, and Steel type and he would have had all types!

I will admit, Galactic Battles was a pretty darn good memorable season. Actually looking forward to Sinnoh League Victors, especially the new opening I saw in Japanese. Hope the dub doesn't butcher it!

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Oh man this episode made me crack up! (Barry: Keep your shirt on...I've got 6!!! Dawn: 6 is less than 7...)
This was just not Barry's day, other than he beat Gible...his card was eaten...XD