• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gible Gliscor Swapped

soccerstar19

<--- Best Rival Ever
What would everyone have thought if they were switched. What I mean by that is let say gible was caught around when gligar was. Then given away to a random trainer. Maybe Gligar could have been following them around since the episode he appeared in and ash helped it evolve and everything. Then catches him around now.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
This isn't so important how or when Ash captured Gible.
He could also capture it before he saw Gligar. and maybe Gliscor will return to the league.
If Gible was caught before Gligar, i think the writers were giving up on Gligar.

Squaaah

What would everyone have thought if they were switched. What I mean by that is let say gible was caught around when gligar was. Then given away to a random trainer. Maybe Gligar could have been following them around since the episode he appeared in and ash helped it evolve and everything. Then catches him around now.

We can't really assess that until we've seen Gible properly. I mean we don't really know its interactions with Ash, how good it is in battle, how often we'll see it and so on.

Going on what we've got now however, I think we'd be more annoyed, as it would essentially be the writers way of saying "Ok, heres your dragon type you've been asking for for years....and there it goes in favour of a NEW capture you really don't need."

V Faction

www.faction.com
What would happen? A lot of the same **** that went on with Gible:

Disbelief. Anger. Curiousity. Then Acceptance.

5ilVer

<-- so adorable ^_^
What would happen? A lot of the same **** that went on with Gible:

Disbelief. Anger. Curiousity. Then Acceptance.

erase the acceptance part. Gible is a dragon-type pokemon...and we all know how Ash releasing a dragon-type pokemon will end...

besides.. I heard they don't really like Gliscor over there at Japan so....

CptScorpion

Scrafty Artist
Gliscor is more likely to be a pokemon he can be called upon rather than a pokemon he used to have, which meant she might be gone forever.

V Faction

www.faction.com
I think you meant to say Gligar, but it's true.

I was speaking from the view of Gible's entry into the forray, not Gliscor's exit from it. But the wording was bad so I understand how it was taken in the wrong way.

5ilVer said:
erase the acceptance part. Gible is a dragon-type pokemon...and we all know how Ash releasing a dragon-type pokemon will end...
Doesn't matter if its Dragon, Ghost, Steel, or Poison, people would eventually get over it and come to accept it.

Or am I making too large of an assumption in regards to the maturity level of our posters?

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Or am I making too large of an assumption in regards to the maturity level of our posters?
There are people who are still hung up over the GS ball. I rest my case.

And if Gible had been the one released to bring in Gliscor, it'd look pretty much the same as now. It's hard to say if it'd be better(since there wouldn't be as many people lusting after the newcomer because Glicor's not a dragon type omfg) or worse(because Ash is releasing a GIBLE), but it'd still have roughly the same amount of petty squabbling over something that 99% of you will stop being angry about in a month, with the remaining 1% of you never letting go of it ever and nobody liking you becacuse you're stuck in the past.

Bell56

The One and Only
To answer your question, I would feel the same about the release (not that worried about it because I believe Gliscor will return), but would not be quite as excited about the new addition. Getting Gible is more exciting than catching a Gligar.

Considering where we currently stand with Ash's team and Gliscor's release, would you prefer that Gligar was never caught? And if so how do you see the events that She was involved in with Gliscor?

Personally I could see Ash calling back one of his reserves to have the 6 on 6 with paul, either Snorlax, Tauros, Muk, Heracross, Glalie, or Donphan would of been used to fill that 'filler' spot. Ash's gym team vs Byron would have been : Chimchar/Grotle/Buizel, and his team against Candice would be : Chimchar/Pikachu/Staraptor/Buizel.

Other than those three events the only other changes would be some more character development for other team members.

soccerstar19

<--- Best Rival Ever
Considering where we currently stand with Ash's team and Gliscor's release, would you prefer that Gligar was never caught? And if so how do you see the events that She was involved in with Gliscor?

Was this towards me or everyone in general ?

No I'm glad gligar was caught it was my favorite member of ash's team. The reason I asked was to see everyone's opinion on the topic. It honestly would have made more sense for ash to let someone train gible. I know he's a much more experienced trainer now but maybe ash would be having difficultly training it still. Giving him more of a reason to give it away to train. If he was involved with gligar/ gliscor here's what i would have liked to happen maybe it be like spoink or jigglypuff. That is appear every once in awhile so it would have appeared in the episode it evolved in and all the episode it was a part of. Maybe it would have crashed into the gym right before ash started the canvalve gym and he decided to use it. Maybe it would have be used in the paul fight. Then ash could catch it some time around now.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
To answer your question, I would feel the same about the release (not that worried about it because I believe Gliscor will return), but would not be quite as excited about the new addition. Getting Gible is more exciting than catching a Gligar.

Considering where we currently stand with Ash's team and Gliscor's release, would you prefer that Gligar was never caught? And if so how do you see the events that he was involved in with Gliscor?

Personally I could see Ash calling back one of his reserves to have the 6 on 6 with paul, either Snorlax, Tauros, Muk, Heracross, Glalie, or Donphan would of been used to fill that 'filler' spot. Ash's gym team vs Byron would have been : Chimchar/Grotle/Buizel, and his team against Candice would be : Chimchar/Pikachu/Staraptor/Buizel.

Other than those three events the only other changes would be some more character development for other team members.

I kinda agree with you there, except for why Buizel would be added to the gymroster for Candice, when Grotle actually did a good job in that battle

I don't know how Ash would pull of a full battle against Paul, while using a random reserve.. that would be cheating to Ash's motto of Sinnoh.. It's like saying.. I'll only use these Sinnohcritters... they beat Weavile and Ursaring.. Paul thinks he's gonna win this. While Ash grins and whips out the allmighty Charizard, making Paul poop in his pants... uttering the words: "what blasphemy is this?!"

If Gible was caught at the time of Gligar, and instead of Gligar, I would definatly be torn between deciding who'd evolve fully: Chimchar or Gible, but since he's now caught late into the saga, I think he might just go to Gible, while Monferno will go to Infernape.

*Which is a shame, because I really wanted to see Ash use three fully evolved dragon egggroup pokemon(Zard, Scep, and Chomp) in a 3vs3 in the possible battle frontier...