• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gible & Sharpedo

Well I was talking with my freinds awhile ago and I noticed a resemblance between well gible and sharpedo. One of my freinds said that there evolution lines are related what do you guys think.

Manipulation

The end draws nigh.
What? I really don't think that Gible and Sharpedo are related. They may have a little bit of a resemblance to each other, yet just take a look at the two pokémon at a whole, together. I mean, where do they habitat? Gible, in mountains as such. Sharpedo, it's a fish, hardly like it can be related to something that hides on land and is hardly seen inside mountains. Their lines are way different too, Carvahna to Sharpedo, a rough fish to a rough fish. We can hardly compare that to wingless to winged dragons, now, can we?

Visual

Nine one six ~
Now that you mention it, they do look a little alike. Oh, wait. So do Pikachu and the Pikachu wannabes, Plusle and Minun.

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
They are both based off sharks so it's only natural that they look a little
alike. But then again, a lot of pokemon look alike. take Plusle and Minun for example: they don't evolve from each other, yet they look almost exactly alike

razor fire

Did you know that bidoof and rayquaza are related too?

Haha very funny :/

JD

Did you know that bidoof and rayquaza are related too?

Oh how could you for get mudkip and arceus are related also! But anyway I dont think they are related there are many pokemon that look similar but arent related in anyway.

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
They may look similar due to the fact that they're both sharks but they're not related as far as evolution lines go.

Banana_Split

Darkness is Rising
Gible is a Land Shark says the Pokedex, so its pretty logical they look similar, but I don't believe they're related in any evolution lines.

Rabidmunchlax

Gible is a Land Shark says the Pokedex, so its pretty logical they look similar, but I don't believe they're related in any evolution lines.

This

[/thread]

Tyrant Tar

It's interesting to note that Garchomp shares Carvahna's color scheme, even the distinct yellow X. And Gible is said to have lived in the tropics (Hoenn, the "home region" of Carvahna and Sharpedo, appears to be a tropical region). The two lines also are known for their speed and attack power.
So the Gible line being distant cousins of the Carvahna line isn't unthinkable.

*and I THINK Wayward Cave (where you find Gible) is said to have been an ocean or submerged once.*

◘Ins0mnIac◘

Supreme Overlord
They're just as related as Clefairy and Jigglypuff. A lot of Pokes are made oddly similar to others, it can mess with your head a little bit.

razor fire

Well, in the anime, they said that Skitty and Zangoose are related, so maybe Gible and Sharpedo are too.

Just as with Seviper and Arbok huh?