• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gigalithe or Golem

Gigalithe or Golem

• Gigalithe

Votes: 46 67.6%
  • Golem

Votes: 22 32.4%

• Total voters

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
So two rock types. They both eveolve by trades.

Which has a better design?
Which is more useful?
Who would win in a fight?
Who do you like better?

I am going Gigalithe for all 3 because
- Diamonds are in him!
- He has a really nice attack stat!
- I just told you ^

Last edited:

Lanik

Which has a better design? Gigalith
Which is more useful? Golem
Which do I like better? Golem

Golem has Rock Head and immunity to electricity and is therefore the better rock-type. If only Gigalith had another ability to choose from.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Which has the better design? I like them equally.
Which is more useful? Gigalith has the superior type, access to stealth rocks, and is a beast in trick room. Golem is really underwhelming in every aspect.
Which do I like better? I don't like picking favorites.

Ansem1013

4768-7457-8661
Gigalith in all 3 aspects. I'm not a fan of Golem at all. It's design is nonsensical from its earlier evolutions (it became a lizard?).

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Which has a better design? Gigalith
Which is more useful? Golem
Which do I like better? Golem

Golem has Rock Head and immunity to electricity and is therefore the better rock-type. If only Gigalith had another ability to choose from.

Yeah and Golem is 4x weak to water and grass. Whereas Gigalith is only 2x weak and has sturdy for it ability, meaning you can't knock out the guy in one hit.

Clearly Gigialith is the better pokémon in term of design and uses.

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
I think Golem would be better than Gigalith if it was in Trick Room and knew Steamroller and Thunderpunch. maybe.

Midnight_Warrior

ITS OVER 9000
Which has a better design? Gigalith, period.
Which is more useful? Gigalith. More sturdy and resistant.
Who do you like better? I like them equally.

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome

Gigalith in looks.
Golem would win. Golem is part Ground type, giving it access to several ground-type moves. Gigalith is weak to ground. This also makes it so Rock-type moves are weak against Golem. Look it up if you don't believe me.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Gigalith, no double weaknesses to Grass and Water-Type

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome

Gigalith looks better, but... Read this. Or die.
I see no reason to pick Gigalith. Golem is part Ground type, giving it an advantage. Rock isn't very effective on Ground, and Ground is super effective on Rock. Gigalith is pure Rock type. It just confuses me why everyone's keep picking Gigalith. Gigalith can know Ground-type moves, but Golem gets STAB on it (Same-Type Attack Bonus). I use Gigalith on my team and I understand it has more weaknesses, but if it's Gigalith vs Golem, Golem wound kick Gigalith's ruby-encrusted ***.
...Meh. Swear filter.

Last edited:

BlazeVGR

AKA: Shuckles
Which has a better design? - Gigalith
Which is more useful? - Gigalith
Who do you like better? - Gigalith

I do like Golem, but Gigalith is just all around better. Although I like Golem's movepool better, Gigalith has Better stats (except speed) and better design, plus most of the moves Gigalith misses out on can be learned through TMs and breeding.

Plus, whenever I go to Golem's page and look at his resistances, I cringe at the 4x weakness to Grass and Water.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I see no reason to pick Gigalith. Golem is part Ground type, giving it an advantage. Rock isn't very effective on Ground, and Ground is super effective on Rock. Gigalith is pure Rock type. It just confuses me why everyone's keep picking Gigalith. Gigalith can know Ground-type moves, but Golem gets STAB on it (Same-Type Attack Bonus). I use Gigalith on my team and I understand it has more weaknesses, but if it's Gigalith vs Golem, Golem wound kick Gigalith's ruby-encrusted ***.
...Meh. Swear filter.

This isn't about which one would win in a battle. It's asking which is more competitively viable.

Besides, if it were a one-on-one battle, Gigalith would win anyway. Gigalith has Sturdy, meaning it's guaranteed to survive the first turn, no matter that Golem throws at it. Gigalith has far superior attack and it could strike back on the first turn with Earthquake which I assume would knock Golem out, being super-effective.

Last edited:

Aegon

...Meh. Swear filter.
Ah, but it's not.

Which has a better design?
Which is more useful?
Who do you like better?
Anyway, I chose Gigalith in the end. I like Golem slightly more design-wise, but ultimately, Gigalith wins out.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
Just based on Experience, I say Golem in all 3 respects. I haven't really used the Gigalith line except early in game. I've always switched it out for something else.

On a side note, I was on Bulbapedia a day or so ago and came across something interesting. Sandstorm boosts Rock types' special defense. I never knew that. It's something to think about.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Sandstorm is what makes tyranitar so appealing.
I don't think Gigalith would OhKo Golem with Earthquake, as Golem have pretty good defense, and has sturdy too.

XXD17

Draco rex
Alright let's see here, design is opinionated so that can't be taken into account when analyzing the "betterness" of a pokemon but personally I like gigalith in terms of looks...now for usability, they both get sturdy so they can both live a hit, golem get ground STAB but also a 4X weakness to both water and grass...gigalith doesn't...Since both pokemon are mainly about being able to survive long enough to dish out hits (tanking), I'd think the one with less weaknesses would be "better"...so gigalith...

Snar

Gigalith is Golem done right. Even the Japanese players on wifi who can make Delcatty look badass can't find much use for Golem other than setting up stealth rocks and hoping quick claw kicks in for explosion when sturdy kicks in. Then again, I never been a fan of rock types other than Tyranitar, Rhydon, & Bastiodon.

cantab

Looks-wise, I much prefer Golem. Gigalith looks kinda unclear in its sprites, I still don't even know how many legs it has!

In battle, Golem's problem isn't so much that Gigalith is better, it's that Rhyperior is better.

One-on-one, Golem beats Gigalith thanks to being less slow, since both get Sturdy.