• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gigantamax Catch Rate

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I've caught like 7 G Max Centiskorch with Great Balls but failed a Budew raid.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I've caught like 7 G Max Centiskorch with Great Balls but failed a Budew raid.
Amazing story. Too bad Roserade didn't get a GMAX form. One of my favorite Sinnoh mons.

Orphalesion

Amazing story. Too bad Roserade didn't get a GMAX form. One of my favorite Sinnoh mons.

Was hoping for a Galarian Roserade. G Max would've been cool too

Either or would have been excellent. It's really kind of a missed opportunity that Roselia and Roserade didn't get anything, since England is so famous for their rose gardens.

Or really with all the repeaded animals/concepts this gen (which I'm completely onboard with) there would have been nothing against a completely new Rose-themed Pokemon.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Do we know if whatever maintenance Nintendo did today changed anything for raids??

TheWanderingMist

I saw a Gigantamax Sandaconda but I couldn't join the raid sadly.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Not doing online stuff, so for me today's round of spawns was the first time I encountered wild gigantamax pokemon. Caught a Giga Centiskorch no problem, but the Butterfree was more difficult. But thanks to this topic I knew to save beforehand and just had to keep trying. On I think the fourth try I just went and used a Net Ball (hadn't before as I only had one left) to catch it.

On another note, the Centiskorch had quite the moveset, namely Power Whip (noting this as another user commented their encounter had different moves from what they actually caught), Coil, Leech Life and Fire Lash (basically an ideal moveset for Centiskorch). It even had the hidden ability, though unfortunately Flame Body probably isn't as good as Flash Fire.

SchrzoLuce

Either or would have been excellent. It's really kind of a missed opportunity that Roselia and Roserade didn't get anything, since England is so famous for their rose gardens.

Or really with all the repeaded animals/concepts this gen (which I'm completely onboard with) there would have been nothing against a completely new Rose-themed Pokemon.

im just suprised that we didnt get a fish&chip pokemon

DannyDark

Yeah at this point Centiskorch/Corviknight/Butterfree G-forms are wonder trade fodder.. especially when you consider that G-Centiskorch and G-Corviknight's G-Max Moves are, on the whole, worse than the standard.

TheWanderingMist

I missed out on a GMAX raid because emy switch disconnected at the worst possible moment (Centiskorch)

EDIT: Disconnection problem is gone.

Came across a GMAX Corviknight. It escaped...

Last edited:

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Let's reiterate then that you can exit out after you see what the naturally spawned raid is going to be, save, and then go back. Breaking out of the balls shouldn't be a catch ender in such circumstances. Unless you mean the one you came across wasn't one that spawned naturally in your game.

TheWanderingMist

Let's reiterate then that you can exit out after you see what the naturally spawned raid is going to be, save, and then go back. Breaking out of the balls shouldn't be a catch ender in such circumstances. Unless you mean the one you came across wasn't one that spawned naturally in your game.
Wasn't. I've just been joining the raids.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
The CPUs are also morons. Love seeing a Wishiwashi die to one Max Overgrowth from a Tsareena only to die again 2 turns later. You're playing with a downed man if you try to do any 4 or 5 star raids with less than 3 people, especially Gigantamax raids.

Or that Solrock that keeps spamming Cosmic Power when it has Rock Throw.

Or that Eevee that uses Helping Hand when a barrier is up even though it has...Quick Attack, I think.

Or that Maractus that only uses Solarbeam until its HP is low, when you discover it has Giga Drain.

Or the Wobbuffet that spams Counter against special attackers and Mirror Coat against physical attackers.

The worst killers are Pokémon with Abilities that grant immunity to a type, like Water Absorb, Volt Absorb, Levitate, Sap Sipper, etc. Imagine finding Gigantamax Lapras in a raid, only to discover the computer players repeatedly feeding Lapras's Water Absorb with their Water attacks.

Tonight I had two more Gigantamax mons escape from ultra balls straight away :(

You'll need something better than an Ultra Ball. Me, I had nothing that would really work against Corviknight, for instance, so I caught that Corviknight flying around Hammerlocke Hills so it'd be eligible for the Repeat Ball bonus if I encountered Gigantamax Corviknight again. I ought to do that for the remaining ones like Garbodor and Grimmsnarl. (Guys like Kingler and Orbeetle can be caught with Net Balls, so that's okay.)

PsychoIncarnate

I've been lucky with most Gigantamax, being able to catch them the first time. Multiple of Centiskorch and Sandaconda. But I had horrible luck with drednaw. Failed like 8 times. Finally just caught one a minute ago.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Fairly certain that you have a DRAMATICALLY decreased chance to catch a Gigantamax Pokemon if the raid you're doing is not your raid.

Done 7 Gigantamax Flapple with my brother(it's his raid) he's caught it 7 times in a row whereas I've failed all 7 times.

Such a fun idea ruined by poor decisions on GF's part.