• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gigantamax Catch Rate

slowdude

There is pretty much no point in even trying unless you are the host due to the ridiculously low catch rate. Been doing it with my two Switches, 15 attempts to finally get Alcremie on the non-host Switch, 18 for Duraludon, gave up on Kingler at 25 while currently at 10 and counting for Charizard.

Hell if anything having to sit through several minutes of the same move animations since they are forced on when connected with another user is the worst part. Drags each fight, you get to the end and the giga breaks out straight away over and over.

Just did my first 5* G-max Centiskorch on my own. I actually had to overlevel a Coalossal that was caught on the Wild Area last week that I had no time to train yet since I've yet to finish training my main party. I even had to do a Vibrava raid to get a chance to get Stone Edge to do a good chunk of damage to Centiskorch (which it did), and had to deal with NPC shenanigans several tries before that ended in loses on both raids. And so it happens that I finally caught a break and beat the 5* raid without anyone, but it was all for naught since the Repeat Ball I used didn't shake even once.
I can't explain how salty I feel right now. Wish I had more master balls, or a patch that makes these raids a lot less frustrating. Feeling robbed of a victory isn't good, specially for a video game.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Just did my first 5* G-max Centiskorch on my own. I actually had to overlevel a Coalossal that was caught on the Wild Area last week that I had no time to train yet since I've yet to finish training my main party. I even had to do a Vibrava raid to get a chance to get Stone Edge to do a good chunk of damage to Centiskorch (which it did), and had to deal with NPC shenanigans several tries before that ended in loses on both raids. And so it happens that I finally caught a break and beat the 5* raid without anyone, but it was all for naught since the Repeat Ball I used didn't shake even once.
I can't explain how salty I feel right now. Wish I had more master balls, or a patch that makes these raids a lot less frustrating. Feeling robbed of a victory isn't good, specially for a video game.
Well did you save before hand? Once you get the hang of it you can beat most 5 star raids fairly regularly, and thus eventually catch the Gigantamax. I usually just choose someone who is at least level 70, resists all or most of the raid boss' STAB moves, Dynamax right away and hit with super effective moves as much as I can. A bit of luck and you win a fair amount of the time.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So far, I've gotten three gigantimax pokemon, those being Drednaw, Butterfree, and Sandaconda. I got lucky with Sandaconda and caught it on the first try but had to reset for Drednaw and Butterfree. Butterfree was by far the harder to get as I had to reset multiple times.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
How are you resetting this kind of thing aka catching the G-Max Pokemon? Thought it was one & done!

If you turn off auto save, you can save right before you battle the raid and then if you reset if you fail to catch it, you can take on the raid over and over again until you catch it.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
This also works only if you're the one with the raid's den. If it's someone else's raid you're joining, yeah, you only have as many chances as you can find on the Y-Comm.

Phillies

I think they should have made a G-Max ball that works similar to a Beast Ball. It would make them easy to catch as long as you use that ball but it would still remain difficult if you wanted to catch them in a different ball.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Im getting sick of the gigantaamx catch rate because I've encountered about 3 gigantamax Dreadnaws and all of them escaped same with Butterfree except I've encountered 5 and only caught 1.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
From the information on Serebii apparently if you are not hosting the G-Max Raid the Pokemon's catch rate is the standard for Legendaries, 3. Guess that's why people are having trouble catching them, shame though as higher ranking raids can be hard to handle with the AI.

Caught two G-Max Pokémon so far, a Sandaconda and Butterfree. Both were caught on the first try, I have already registered a Butterfree as caught when I did its raid (so Repeat Balls get the bonus) but have not registered Sandaconda as owned though it still has a reasonably high catch rate.