• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gigantamax Catch Rate

What's the catch rates of 4-5 star Gigantamax forms? I can't seem to catch a break, I've battled in over a dozen raids and they always break out before the first shake using Ultra Balls. Does anyone else have a similar experience, or special insight that I'm not aware of? It's highly unmotivating to say the least.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Same here. So far I'm 0 for 6 on catching Gigantamaxes, using Ultra Balls. Like, if Game Freak wanted to incentivize people to do raids, why the hell did they think it was a good idea to let the raid bosses escape? Such a dumb idea. It makes me not want to raid because, like, what's the point? The boss will just keep escaping. :(

Same here. So far I'm 0 for 6 on catching Gigantamaxes, using Ultra Balls. Like, if Game Freak wanted to incentivize people to do raids, why the hell did they think it was a good idea to let the raid bosses escape? Such a dumb idea. It makes me not want to raid because, like, what's the point? The boss will just keep escaping. :(
For real. I can understand making them harder to catch, but it feels impossible at this point. You literally have to use the Master Ball, which I've been saving for that very unlikely Shiny Giga-Max form.

Noy

Considering how hard some of these raid bosses get, without having a full team of players who know what their doing, giving rare raid bosses a chance to escape is rather cruel. It's no different than lowering the frequency of them appearing in the first place (which is obviously rare to begin with.)

Considering how hard some of these raid bosses get, without having a full team of players who know what their doing, giving rare raid bosses a chance to escape is rather cruel. It's no different than lowering the frequency of them appearing in the first place (which is obviously rare to begin with.)
I agree. It shouldn't be so difficult. I've had over a dozen 4-5 star G-max raids, won most of them, and still haven't caught one. They almost make it a requirement to use your Masterball on a super rare one. It's so dumb.

I agree. It shouldn't be so difficult. I've had over a dozen 4-5 star G-max raids, won most of them, and still haven't caught one. They almost make it a requirement to use your Masterball on a super rare one. It's so dumb.
It's very unmotivating, and your expectations are constantly negative when going into the battle.

Phillies

I saw someone in another thread say that if you save before starting the battle that you can keep resetting until you catch it.

Fiyuri

Save before trying to catch it. Restart if you fail.
I did catch the G-max Butterfree with an ultra ball....have not really started saving before raids though...i probably should LOL

KodyJett1

I caught a D-Max Flygon the very first time I encountered it, but I have failed to catch a G-Max Butterfree over 5 times. WTF?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I found a 3-Star Gigantimax Centiskorch, which I caught in a Net Ball, so I must have been pretty lucky.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I found a 3-Star Gigantimax Centiskorch, which I caught in a Net Ball, so I must have been pretty lucky.
Similar situation occurred for me, except my catch was a 3-star G-Max Butterfree. Caught it first try in a Net Ball.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I'd like to join the sentiment that there is no point in them having such low catch rates. I've yet to catch Gigantamax Butterfree, and I've only just now caught the one for Centiskorch after resetting for like an hour (though the others were quite patient with me, honestly speaking).

It's very annoying--it's rare to find them and rare to catch them even when you use the best possible Poké Balls.

Save before trying to catch it. Restart if you fail.
I did catch the G-max Butterfree with an ultra ball....have not really started saving before raids though...i probably should LOL
Does this change the stats each time and, more importantly, could you continuously reset to find a shiny GMax Pokemon?

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
I thought you couldn't save and reset since the game asks you to save... I assumed it was to prevent people doing that. Anyways I so far have had perfect catch rate for Dynamax but 0% catch rate for Gigantamax so far

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Yea I can relate there. Had it happen with a Giratina in Go. Only time I was able to fight it too, since most of time, no one showed up. :( I hope your luck improves.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Meanwhile I haven't even seen a gigantamax raid in my game lol.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
So far I've gotten G-Max Corviknight, Drednaw, Centiskorch, Butterfree, and Sandaconda from raids.

Got a few of Corviknight, Drednaw, and Butterfree. A LOT of Centiskorch. Just one Sandaconda though.

Catch rates are quite abysmal, and frankly, it's irritating.

Also what's more frustrating is when I get a G-Max raid on my feed only for it to have a Link Code. Seriously, those should be private rooms that only your friends can see. Had a G-Max Gengar, Duraludon, Hatterene, and Machamp on my feed with Link Codes.

Last edited: