• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gilgamesh vs the Battle Frontier

I felt like making a new team:

emesprani285.gif

Breloom @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
252atk/252spd/4hp (like those hp EVs matter anyway)
- Spore
- Substitute
- Mach Punch
- Focus Punch

Subseeder/sporepuncher. Breloom's movepool is shite (where's Shadow Ball?), but since Focus Punch's power is equal to that of an atom bomb, I think (read: hope) it'll be enough.
There's no way in hell I'm breeding for HP Ghost, because I'm lazy and I don't even like Breloom (he's a cheap ******* and he's ugly).
Jolly nature because speed is more important than attack here, and even though 262 might look like a crappy number on paper, I'm sure it'll be plenty in the slow-*** BF... right?
Obviously can't do **** to ghosts but since there's no ghost in Pokemon that won't get killed of by my third Pokemon I think I'll be safe.
Ghost and faster Pokemon is all I need to worry about here - even though only one type of attack gives crap coverage, FP still does alot of damage to everything.
For some perspective: a not very effective Focus Punch does more damage than an unstabbed neutral Eartquake would (not that Breloom learns EQ).

emesprani374.gif

Metagross @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
252hp/252atk/4sdef
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Explosion

Lacks Salamence's speed and Camerupt's coolness but he's still a great Pokemon, and let's face it, steel is an awesome type.
Rock Slide is good vs Gyarados everything else speaks for itself.

emesprani270.gif

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
252hp/128def/128sdef
- Surf
- Toxic
- Leech Seed
- Protect

This thing is godly. The moveset is prefect already, but I'm really not sure about this EV spread. Am I throwing EVs away here? I know Calm is the preferred nature, but then what?
It would be great if somebody wise and experienced could tell me a good spread... I know the above one works (I've used it before) but I also know it's hardly the best one possible.

So... is this team good or bad? Amazing or craptastic?

Really, any rates will be fine, small rates, big rates, anything.

Commence!

Last edited:

Sion9

Looks decent, you may have some annoyances against Double Teamers though. Perhaps max PP on Toxic to try to stall them out.

Also, consider Swords Dance (tutor) on Breloom > Leech Seed or Substitute.

About the 262 Spd...it may or may not be enough. In the later battles, you'll find pokemon like Alakazam and Latios which could outspeed it and SE it. Also, idk how well Camerupt or Vaporeon will take the special hits.

LunaDancer

Aren't I adorable?
Starmie weak but since it's in-game I don't think it matters.

About the 262 Spd...it may or may not be enough. In the later battles, you'll find pokemon like Alakazam and Latios which could outspeed it and SE it. Also, idk how well Camerupt or Vaporeon will take the special hits.

Starmie weak but since it's in-game I don't think it matters.

You're right, I'll have big problems with taking on special sweepers.

I'll have to think about what I'll replace with what here...

Edit: Ludicolo + Metagross might be better than Vaporeon + Camerupt here.

Ludicolo laughs at everything a special sweeper might throw at him, and CBgross (Agiligross is lame) is a fugging beast.

Thoughts?

Last edited: