• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gimmicky Prediction!

Novan_Hero

omnomnomnom
Ello ello! I'm Novan_Hero and I have to present to you My Gimmicky Prediction team!
RMTFailBanner.png

Introduction
So it started out as a Challenge to make a team that is not Gimmicky and then it evolved to a gimmicky Prediction - What do you know? This is a Bulky Offensive team Bar Jolteon and Forretress and it has Decent Success and I'm not the best battler so meh :3. Anyway I also have the tendency to include lower ranked Pokemon Tiered Pokemon so that's why Jolteon is there and it's been a staple ever since. OK! now on to the team because The Team Building process is SO long and I can't remember it fully...

At a Glance
205.gif
135.gif
493_jellicent__female__by_moonshineshifter-d38skga.gif
472.gif
485.gif
534.gif

The Team
205.gif

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
Awesome Physical wall and Rapid Spinner/Hazard Setter. 0 Speed IV's and some attack actually help get Gyro Ball To deal some Kind of Damage. I've been thinking of Switching this To Skarmory and let Heatran Become my Stealth Rocker instead, Because All the teams I've made always fail to setup.

135.gif

Jolteon (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
The First troll of the Double J's Choice Specs allow it to hit an AMAZING 400 Something Special Attack with also Amazing 393 Speed :3 It was my Thundurus counter (Absorb the Taunt/Thunderbolt, Volt Switch and then kill it with the HP Ice after I switch out Jellicent) well now It's my Awesome Electric Soaking ness person and just a freaking awesome pokemon! Thunderwave is more of a Filler than anything because yeah...

493_jellicent__female__by_moonshineshifter-d38skga.gif

Jellicent (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 240 HP / 100 Def / 68 SDef / 100 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Recover
- Scald
- Ice Beam
WOOT! #2 of the Troll double J's JELLICENT! Water Absorb helps keep waters not to be a problem. Some of you may not know that it is VERY wise to run Speed EV's on Jellicent, 100 Speed EV's give you enough EV's to Outspeed Skarmory for the taunt. 240 HP is a Leftovers Number (401) and the rest was equally Divided between Defence and Special Defence and iirc Someone gave me the EV's so that it can Survive a Latios's Draco Meteor or something hmmm.

472.gif

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
First off, I don't wanna hear "but setup Gliscor Sucks' Shut your traps, because 1 This is my Original set and I love it <3 and It can setup on Excadrill
and Ferrothorn - 2 of the biggest threats of the Current Metagame. EV's are a bit messy I just kind put some in Defence and some in Attack, If someone could give me a Poison Orb number, that would be great. The only thing that could Wall this after it sets up is dang Bronzongs >.> ... but Otherwise it sets up and can sweep, My Dual Boosting Gliscor is AWESOME!

485.gif

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 144 HP / 164 SAtk / 200 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Lava Plume
- Roar
Now, If I do change this set to Stealth Rock I would change Toxic right? Anyway Lava Plume is a Fire Version of Scald allowing for a 30% chance of burn (which never happens >.>) and HP Ice is for Surprise Killing :3 This set kelps keep Volcarona in check and then proceed to Roar it out, but I wonder if I should make this set a Flame Charge Set? Any suggestions???

534.gif

Conkeldurr (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 200 HP / 172 Atk / 136 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Bulk Up
- Rock Slide
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
YAY! My only Non-Gimmick person in this team :3 I prefer SE over Neutrality so I chose Rock instead of Dark but since Volcarona is Covered and Thundurus is banned from PO I guess Payback would do alright. Pretty basic except that it's Specially Defensive so that it can take hits and then KO back. I might just change the Attack EV's so that I can OHKO Excadrill if that's possible Otherwise, it will stay as is.

In Closing
205.png
135.png
593.png
472.png
485.png
534.png

Last edited:

Novan_Hero

omnomnomnom
Okay Major Problem for this team Setup Pokemon and Any Type of Breloom iirc ESPECIALLY the Technician SS one.

As you can see I have a problem with Physical Setup Pokemon (even Bulk up Toxicroak "-_-) This includes:
DD Scrafty (Maybe BU)
Technician SD Breloom
SubSpore Breloom (somewhat)
Bulk Up Toxicroak - In Rain (ik, WTF)
anything I'm missing?
The Reasons for this is obvious, I have no other Phazer and what do they have in common? They're all fighting and my Heatran is weak on the defensive side w/o burn hence why I'm thinking of adding Skarmory but the price of that is losing Spin Support.

Breloom is a big Problem as if Conkledurr is down most of my other pokemon can't really take care of it, especially if it's Technician SD Breloom. Mach Punch ruins Jolteon and Heatran, Bullet Seed downs Jellicent and Gliscor (if it's weak enough) and Forretress is as good as dead.

Last edited:

Novan_Hero

omnomnomnom
BUMPING because I'm gonna add a Prominent Threat List (I think it's only 1 Pokemon and then an outline of other problems :3
and I'm aware I can get infracted for this, but it's pretty sad that it's very empty...

Novan_Hero

omnomnomnom
Any Ideas for a set? because Jolteon has 30 More Base Speed but Zapdos is more bulky and can somewhat be a Bulky Offensive Pokemon as it has can absorb Electric as well.

Last edited:
I don't use bulky Pokémon of any kind at all. I always use offense. But my set is

Zapdos @ Choice Specs
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Sp Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Nature: Jolly / Timid
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Air Cutter
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I know Lightningrod is better, but you can't have Heat Wave with it. Anyway, Thunderbolt abuses his high Sp Atk, Heat Wave hits Steels and Ferrothorn, Air Cutter is STAB and extra crit, and HP [Ice] gets Grounds and Gliscor.

Best I can get. No ideas for bulk of any sort.

Novan_Hero

omnomnomnom
I might Look for a Bulky Zapdos set so that maybe, I can have another Phazer, Keep Forretress and have an Electric absorber. Sound amazing on paper XD

Last edited:

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
For a second, I thought this was an actual gimmick, but no, it's just a defensive team with a lot of immunities.

If you want this to work, you need to be able to switch all the time to switch into predictable moves. I would thus recommend the following changes:

1) Shed Shell on Forretress. This will let you escape Magnezone to send up Gliscor or Heatran.
2) Gliscor shouldn't have stat-up moves. If you are about to be targeted with an Ice move, switching in Heatran shouldn't cost you anything. The moveset Toxic / Protect / Earthquake / Ice Fang should do the trick. If anything, that set is more deadly.
3) With this much switching and the need for a powerful revenge killer, you should consider using Scarftran. After a Flash Fire boost, it's unstoppable.

These are just recommendations, but they're at least worth considering and will, I think, make your team that much stronger and more flexible.

Last edited:

Novan_Hero

omnomnomnom
Not meaning to bash but, Magnezone is not that Commonly used plus it's just a waste of an Item. Read what I said Under Gliscor, and the Gliscor I currently have is awesome because it can setup on Ferrothorn and Excadrill and I don't like Scarftran because it has Flame Charge, it's probably better for more switching between moves.

For a second, I thought this was an actual gimmick, but no, it's just a defensive team with a lot of immunities.
well It's Still Gimmicky to me :3