• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gintama Thread:

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
I thought I posted here last night? Oh well...

New Gintama series premiering Wednesday April 8th at 6PM! Details of the new OP/ED revealed.

Man, I'm excited! The new series starts the day before my birthday! Can't wait to hear the opening and ending too. still hoping for a new one by spyair

I have marked my calendar and I totally agree. I would LOVE Spyair to do another OP/ED theme! <3

Katsura pulled a Zura! LOL XD Really love how Sorachi sandwiched the humor in this chapter. I was expecting all seriousness and then that happens... Only with Katsura. Haha. THings are getting real again!

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Katsura, Matsudaira, and Kondo have made their mistake, but can't leave considering their surrounded by a giant body of water. lol Oh and the placard wars is still prevail between Elizabeth and Saitou. XD Great to see the Yorozuya getting into the action now that Naraku's been making their move.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
^ I can understand why. I also want this arc to end soon; just because I need a little more Gintama comedy, but might as well enjoy the ride. lol This arc sort of gives off that 'near the end' feel to it.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Gotta be honest, I'm kinda losing interest in this arc, I want it over already. :/

I can somewhat agree with that at this point.

Really I just would've preferred a few chapters of breathing room between after the fight with Shinsuke and this new part with rescuing Kondou. But given how the events played out there's not really any way that would happen.

[SPOIL]Unless Gorilla held off from killing the Shige for a few chapters, Gintoki and company healed up, had some shenanigans, and THEN it happened.[/SPOIL]

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
One more week guys!!! :D

LOL That preview. xD God, I can't wait to hear Sugita playing Gin again. The ride will be fun!

Shadow XD001

Two more days! The OVA is finally English subtitled too. Does anyone know where the 2014 Jump Festa Special is?

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
The newest anime OP song ("Day x Day") is out. Sounds pretty nice!

Just a few hours until we get to see our adored kabukicho people again :)

FYI Crunchyroll will stream the new season simultaneously with TV Tokyo.

Last edited:

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Loved how they only used 1 manga chapter for the whole episode, haha. The ending scene w/ that Piccolo clone was priceless!

The ED theme is really catchy. I'm so glad Gintama° is back :D

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
So glad it's back. Gintama is one of those shows that should never stop

Though, it feels a bit brighter than usual

Shadow XD001

Really glad it's back. The scene with Hasegawa and the one at the end was super funny.

This episode was only 1 chapter, but do you think future episodes will adapt 1.5-2 chapters?

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
That was probably the best part because that means we're in for more than that pitiful Enchousen season.

To be fair though, Enchousen was mainly there to hype up the movie. Without that, the movie may not have done as well

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
^ Maybe they'll adapt it in the future? I can't recall from memory, but I don't think that last episode from Enchousen (the one with Sadaharu) actually happened before the Beam Saber arc in the manga.

In any case, I actually watched the first episode of the first season on Wednesday, but was too busy to come here and write my thoughts. The first minute or two, you knew it was going to be hilarious. I didn't know where that conference part came from at first, but when I went to look it up, I completely understand why it was parodied in Gintama. The humor! Oh my god, I'm so glad I'll get to laugh out loud to Gintama humor! XD