• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Giovanni and Team Rocket

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
07826-16173730226277-800.jpg

Final 11 episodes. Will the anime wrap up (or do anything) with Giovanni and the larger Team Rocket organization?

Last edited:

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Yeah, not happening.

Also, I think it's kinda cool that Giovanni is still around and free, the OG bad guy who still keeps running his organization.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Why not? Are you afraid of something?

There is two options now

- One or two episodes
-Not happening

Forget about the movie, there is no chance of hell of that happening.

UnovaMaster

I thought them getting a last focus episode was a no-brainer

But due to the reserve focus I'm starting to think they legitimately are about to outlive Ash, they are more popular than him in Japan and they'll keep some older fans around

Who knows, maybe them quitting Team Rocket in however many years from now can be the true series finale of the Pokemon franchise

bmw9413

I've been wondering....if these TR Paldea shorts are a hint....that SV takes place in the same continuity?!? Hence maybe TR will come to terms with finally accepting they have no chance of ever getting Pikachu, parts on good terms with Ash and Pikachu and start fresh in Paldea region and begin stalking Rika and Spargiggitto instead.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
I've been wondering....if these TR Paldea shorts are a hint....that SV takes place in the same continuity?!? Hence maybe TR will come to terms with finally accepting they have no chance of ever getting Pikachu, parts on good terms with Ash and Pikachu and start fresh in Paldea region and begin stalking Rika and Spargiggitto instead.
I don't think these shorts are canon or really say much either for way for the new series, imo.

bmw9413

I didn't say they were, just that it was possible. Because the anime is not ending. This is just the end of Ash being a main character. We've got 0 news on whether the SV anime is in the same continuity, or if there's a timeskip that could feature an adult Ash later. But that would be a way to keep Ash in the series without having to actually showcase him.

BlueDragonfangirl

It’d case be nice if they concluded their journey like they are with Ash’s, let Ash defeat the villains who have been troubling him once and for all. Movie or special, I don’t know.

I’d have liked it done in Mewtwo Strikes Back since the boss was the main villain of that special. As you can see that wasn’t the case LOL.

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
Any chance the Latias plotline has something to do with Giovanni and the Team Rocket organization?

It wouldn't require much build-up and Giovanni was in the last episode of Journeys....

Last edited:

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
seems strange that they are appearing at the end of each episode to promote Paldea Pokémon. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a hint that they will continue on the series. Ash and Pikachu story is concluding, didn’t say theirs, so maybe they are sticking around.

UnovaMaster

Any chance the Latias plotline has something to do with Giovanni and the Team Rocket organization?

It wouldn't require much build-up and Giovanni was in the last episode of Journeys....

It was one of the notable legendary lines that Team Rocket agents were the villains of going after

and if something fell through with using Mew/Mewtwo, it's a solid back-up plan for Giovanni finally messing with the wrong Pokemon at the wrong time

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
After watching Serena’s contest lives, Giovanni decides to become an idol himself to recruit more members into Team Rocket
He might not do it, but I could see him having one of the prettier female members of Team Rocket becoming an idol for just such a purpose. And guess what, he even has the perfect person who would gladly volunteer for just such a mission and has some experience already: Jessie.