• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Giovanni...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlxq3000

Master Collector
I'm willing to bet that if Giovanni does actually get defeated by Ash and decides to disband Team Rocket, the organization will still exist; they'll just pull a second-gen and put the HGSS Execs in charge. The Team overall will probably become a lot weaker and fragile; JJM might be considered high-ranking officers by that point since they're totally loyal to the Team's evil endeavors regardless of how ruthless their orders are. If this happens, I'd expect Team Rocket to be around for at least another generation or two in the anime, until Ash battles Adrianne and Archer and takes them down, too.

I do kind of hope that the Executives at least make cameos sometime in Best Wishes; I've really wanted to see them in the anime ever since they were given names and personalities in the Johto remakes...

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I'm willing to bet that if Giovanni does actually get defeated by Ash and decides to disband Team Rocket, the organization will still exist; they'll just pull a second-gen and put the HGSS Execs in charge. The Team overall will probably become a lot weaker and fragile; JJM might be considered high-ranking officers by that point since they're totally loyal to the Team's evil endeavors regardless of how ruthless their orders are. If this happens, I'd expect Team Rocket to be around for at least another generation or two in the anime, until Ash battles Adrianne and Archer and takes them down, too.

I do kind of hope that the Executives at least make cameos sometime in Best Wishes; I've really wanted to see them in the anime ever since they were given names and personalities in the Johto remakes...

Hmmm.. I had a similar idea considering Team Rocket's heading.. But at the end I'd definitely want to see Giovanni returning and then being brought down again or something... Finally letting him give up all hope and get arrested for his actions..

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Seeing the Execs would be awesome. I would actually prefer them to Giovanni for the most part. Depending on how long the "war" with Team Plasma goes, They may be brought in to fill the space between Giovanni and the grunts.

zlxq3000

Master Collector
I posted a theory in a thread about N earlier tonight: during the Best Wishes series, Giovanni gains a rival in Ghetsis, while Ash gains a rival in N. In the end of the series, there could be a dual battle going on: Giovanni heading up Team Rocket against Ghetsis and his Team, while N battles against Ash one-on-one. That could play out to be interesting; obviously Ash would defeat N, but who would win between the two Bosses? If Giovanni wins, he'll probably escape to let the police take Ghetsis away; if he loses, Ash will probably show up to finish off the tyrannical sage. The latter plot would probably be a lot more interesting; Giovanni, seeing Ash defeat an opponent that he himself could not, may rethink his own training methods, and decide to leave Team Rocket to retrain his pokemon. This could lead to the rise of the Executives, which would probably lead to a filler arc between Best Wishes and the sixth generation and possibly the end of Team Rocket.

I also joked about N and Ash double-battling Ghetsis and Giovanni. FATHERS VERSUS SONS, ANYONE? :p

Arceusgamer14

I would possibly say that Giovonni might die in Best Wishes, I mean J (possibly) died in the final battle of Team Galactic episodes. So maybe Giovonni might die in a final battle of TR either during the TR VS TP battle, or something.

Blazenuva

I also joked about N and Ash double-battling Ghetsis and Giovanni. FATHERS VERSUS SONS, ANYONE? :p

*loads shotgun*

Anyways, I can see TR as a whole disbanding by the end of the saga, but I have a gut feeling it won't happen. I mean TR has faced failures in various regions, so if they fail in Unova, they can always attempt again somewhere else.

Remmie

*loads shotgun*

Anyways, I can see TR as a whole disbanding by the end of the saga, but I have a gut feeling it won't happen. I mean TR has faced failures in various regions, so if they fail in Unova, they can always attempt again somewhere else.

Where? In the futur generation 6 region? If there is one first. I would more seeing them being send in a prison and we wouldn't see them again (except for James that would have to marry Jessiebelle and have a life of unhappyness until his death). Instead the writers should introduce new recurring villains that would stay a long time before getting arrested. Sorry to say that but when after 14 seasons the sames villains are still there with the same tricks its getting boring. That's my opinion.

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
I posted a theory in a thread about N earlier tonight: during the Best Wishes series, Giovanni gains a rival in Ghetsis, while Ash gains a rival in N. In the end of the series, there could be a dual battle going on: Giovanni heading up Team Rocket against Ghetsis and his Team, while N battles against Ash one-on-one. That could play out to be interesting; obviously Ash would defeat N, but who would win between the two Bosses? If Giovanni wins, he'll probably escape to let the police take Ghetsis away; if he loses, Ash will probably show up to finish off the tyrannical sage. The latter plot would probably be a lot more interesting; Giovanni, seeing Ash defeat an opponent that he himself could not, may rethink his own training methods, and decide to leave Team Rocket to retrain his pokemon. This could lead to the rise of the Executives, which would probably lead to a filler arc between Best Wishes and the sixth generation and possibly the end of Team Rocket.

I thought of the same damn thing, though Giovanni most likely win: even though he didn't tell his grunts the full detail of what his plans are, he didn't outright lied to their faces like Ghetsis does.

Kotone

I don't think the writers will get rid of Team Rocket, who has been with us since around episode 2. I love them anyway, they are the best evil team ever.

TheEpicGoomba

I think this could be the end of Team Rocket due to how badass they have became all of a sudden.I am hopping to see Silver in BW That would be interesting and in the Rocket vs Plasma it would be awsome If Giovanna battles Ghetsis

Status
Not open for further replies.