• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Giovanni's illness?

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
What happened with that? Was it ever brought up again? He was at the brink of death, so how did he get better? I can't remember.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Celebi brought him medicine to cure it.

It's a reference to the legend of the Pokeathlon, where a strange illness struck Johto and one person and their three Pokemon overcame several obstacles to find the cure.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Did we ever find out what he HAD?

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
No. Probably something fictional, given that random magic herbs and not human medicine fixed it.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
He had a deadly case of Notarealdiseaseitis.

A common affliction in fiction. You can easily come up with symptoms and thus come up with a cure just as easily.

In the end, it doesn't really matter. It was basically a plot device to fuel his motivations in FRLG and has since been cured.

Steven of Venus

From Another Planet
Giovanni has the strongest desires and ambition for leadership, will dominate and reign, terrorize and subject the weak to the cruelty of his malice and judgement's fist. Escaping from the game corner, and rolling into all of those acentric directions from the power arrows, even mildly implemented in his gym in Viridian City is enough to get you dizzy and sick, beaming everywhere on those escalators of the future.

Team Rocket ever makes any progress with Jessie and James, so a little Togepi being all Giovanni ever got won't make his misery recover.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Wow, it's been awhile since I read any chapter with Giovanni in it. I forgot he had a illness. It was cured in HGSS? No wonder I didn't remember it. Still I'll be looking forward to see what he does if he comes back in the next chapters.