1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Giratina & The Sky Warrior! (11)

Discussion in 'Pokémon The Movies' started by Serebii, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Giratina & The Bouquet of the Sky - Shaymin!

The Reverse World has been polluted by Dialga & Palkia's fight last year. Giratina, one of the inhabitents of the Reverse World is angry at this and requires Shaymin's help to fix it. However, when he see's Dialga, Giratina wants vengence. Shaymin is also being hunted and yet still yearns to fly. Can the Reverse World be fixed and can Shaymin fulfill its dream and be protected?

Visit The Movie Guide

Discuss

2. SudowoodoGuy

SudowoodoGuy Well-Known Member

My only question is why do they re-freeze Regigigas? Wasn't he trying to help stop the glacier?

3. PokéKT

PokéKT Dusk Moon

The summary of movie was quickly done!

I really want to watch the movie now...someday. :(

4. Satoshifangirl

Satoshifangirl Well-Known Member

wow that was quick that the summary is on already :D good summary though it was short and not very detailed. O well atleast i know what too expect

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  5. Steelia

Steelia forever.

No Palkia... That's too bad. Ah, well. Hopefully it'll make an appearance in the next Pokemon movie (if the next one's a continuation of this series of Dialga/Palkia movies, as it has been speculated).

From what I've seen and heard, everything seems to fall into place.
    The movie overall sounds interesting... but there's just something missing in its formula to make it sound exciting. It just sounds rather bland and predictable -- Ash and co. save the world; a Pokemon possibly dies; everything happy in the end; bad guys are brought to justice... I'm just not feeling it. The Lucario movie had plenty to offer, and now that I look back on it it's probably one of the better Pokemon movies made. Plenty of action (albeit it has its moments where your mind may wander off), and plot twists that keep you wondering whether Aaron was seriously good or bad up until the very end of the movie.

Perhaps I just expected too much out of this movie... An epic clash of Dialga, Palkia, Regigigas and Giratina, with Shaymin somewhere in the background. Nope... Dialga's really just a cameo, if you will, Palkia doesn't appear at all, and the whole movie's centered around the old formula of bad-guy-wants-to-capture-legendary-and-Ash-and-company-must-stop-him type of deal. Heard it plenty of times already... Frankly, it's just becoming boring and predictable. Then, of course, the great Regigigas -- the first Pokemon to appear in the teaser for the movie -- is dumbed down to merely a side-show Pokemon. Even his three counterparts, Regirock, Regice and Registeel, had bigger roles in their respective movie, and actually seemed much more important and threatening than this colossus. It's just a shame Regigigas was degraded in this movie in terms of role, about as badly as his Ability Slow Start... heh.

Needless to say, however, I have yet to see the actual movie myself, so I really shouldn't be saying anything... I'm just throwing out my thoughts now just to see how I will react AFTER actually seeing the movie. :p

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  6. jolteonjak

jolteonjak *swoons for Noland*

So what does Regigigas' other form look like?

7. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

He doesn't have another form.

Boy...just like that other summary, it looks like the guy left out alot of finer points so I really can't judge this movie till I see it.

8. Yonowaru in Chaos

Yonowaru in Chaos gaspard de la nuit

From reading the summarised summary, I too think it seems pretty bland. Regimoss seems to have a rather late (and rather unneeded) appearance near the last quarter of the movie. But that might just be because of the briefness of the summary.

9. Korobooshi Kojiro

Looking around on Pokeani...I see mentions of Yukimenoko (Froslass) and Buuban (Magmortar!!!) appearing in this. :)''

The guys on Pokeani, with my limited translation recognizition skills seem to like it.

10. Darkrai-LordofNightmares

Darkrai-LordofNightmares US gives no suspense

one question about the movie: who was the so called pokemon B we heard about some months ago?

11. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

There was none

12. Darkrai-LordofNightmares

Darkrai-LordofNightmares US gives no suspense

ah thats too bad. oh well thanks for clearing that up for me.

13. Dax

Dax R.I.P Dax

What I love about the summary is the "Minus Brock" "Excluding Brock". He's very important in this movie, superb!:p

It seems very interesting, much more than the other movies. I don't think I have been this excited to see a Pokemon Movie. With Mamoswine, Rhyperior, Magmortar and Froslass appearing (even if it is a small glimpse of them) I'm happy.

14. GreenTurtwig

GreenTurtwig Grass Trainer

The summary was great for such a short time. It got up there so fast I was wondering if they were writing it while watching the movie. For those who say it wasn't all that detailed, I agree. But if you read it on the News section it says it's shorter or less detailed or something like that.

One question, in Rise of Darkrai the theme song was " We Can Be Heros," so what the this movies theme song?

15. Korobooshi Kojiro

The Japanese version was "ONE" by Crystal Kay.

16. Gravy

Gravy Contaminated KFC

There are lot of things in these summaries that would usually make me sceptical to the point where a ferm would grow out of my hindquarters and cause fits of uncontrollable laughter (that was some horrendously forced pun, folks), but I'm afraid I've given in to the hype and am quite excited about seeing this. Bitchy Shaymin casually chucking insults at Ash whilst using him a vee-hickle, Muku.THE MOVIE, Froslass, a fight scene aboard a moving train, Regigigas commanding the pachyderm military forces, continuity... I'm sold.

But what‘s this? Little Miss Mini-Skirt’s Swinub has studied the ancient art of Ice Beam too? Oh golly, I do hope that was a case of the author not knowing the difference between the attacks. I don’t think my petticoat could take more tears of anguish.

17. DanChimchar

DanChimchar Friends are Diamonds

Wait What Pokemon Did Lucas the DP Guy have the Magmortar or the Rhypherior?

18. lightdash

lightdash Dawn and May fan

The page missed Shaymin as one of the main Pokemon....that's shocking.

19. kasmeargy

kasmeargy Well-Known Member

Is it weird that one of the main reasons I want to see this is because Regigigas is in it?

Anyway, it looks like it'll be a good movie. Now to wait for the localization.

Wait, Froslass appears too? That's another plus.

20. Blackjack Gabbiani

Blackjack Gabbiani Clearly we're great!

I wonder how the dub will handle Zero, given that he apparently dies. Because the only other movie human who for *sure* died was Aaron, and he died hundreds of years ago (yes, I'm not counting the first movie scientists since I doubt *all* of them died, and we don't know which *ones*) Oh, and Ambertwo, but she was also technically already dead.

Although I'm really hoping that there's still some life in that "sad limp body", if only for the potential. A fic writer to the end, that's me.

I was very disappointed to hear that Infi doesn't do jack.