• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Giratina & The Sky Warrior! (11)

G50

No longer posting
This movie was good. It was cool seeing Shaymin/Sky Forme Shaymin and Giratina really featured in this movie. The Reverse world looked really cool. It was great to have Dialga and Palkia back again for this movie. Shaymin is 1 stubborn Grass Pokemon... It was great seeing Regigigas in this movie.

50/100

Dark Sharpedo

s tier of dopeness
Saw the movie today, it was quite good.... only thing that got me a little confused was why they didnt feature Palkia...... They includ Dialga and Girantina but not Palkia? Why?

Haunter ゴースト

Like the other movies, these have been airing on CITV so i've watched them again.

Movie 11 is actually a lot better than I remember it being, Zero reminds me a lot of N, and it was cool seeing Ash act like a hero more this time when he entered the Distortion World to save Giratina.

The only problem I would have is that their was no Season remix with a battle at the intro, which I enjoy for most films (and they left out of Movie 6 + 7 sigh).

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Saw the movie today, it was quite good.... only thing that got me a little confused was why they didnt feature Palkia...... They includ Dialga and Girantina but not Palkia? Why?

Because this really wasn't about the conflict between Dialga and Palkia. This was about Giratina getting involved in that conflict by extension. No reason to show Dialga and Palkia fighting extensivily again,,,

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Because this really wasn't about the conflict between Dialga and Palkia. This was about Giratina getting involved in that conflict by extension. No reason to show Dialga and Palkia fighting extensivily again,,,

I get why they didnt but i have to say, i really wanted palkia in it also.
also id give this movie a 7/10.
i liked the reverse world, but that was about it.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
*attaches self to Regigigas' leg* I quite enjoyed the movie (when I finally got to see it). Am somewhat annoyed that my favorite legendary got such a minor role, but I was greatly amused at seeing him Hyper Beam Team Rocket into orbit (or at least off the glacier) when they disturbed him during the credits.

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
Watched the Japanese version of this, and wow, the voices are so much less annoying than the English ones. I liked this movie. Shaymin's gotta be the most friggin' adorable thing in Pokémon ever, I almost died from an overdose of cuteness, lol. Sky forme less so, but it's still cool. Was also cool seeing the Reverse World and Giratana in it, and even Regigigas making an appearance.
Team Rocket wasn't much special, they got some screen time, but didn't really do anything particularly funny.

NPT

Just a member
Meh, this movie is the weakest of the Sinnoh movies. Shaymin was just plain annoying in this movie, he kept nagging Ash throughout the movie. It annoyed me when Dawn kicked Ash's leg.

But the final scene with Ash and Giratina was good, I liked how Shaymin was behaving nicely before saying goodbye to Ash and Dawn.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
Poor, poor, poor Brock.

Like, seriously? What was the POINT of actively keeping him from traveling with Ash and Dawn? Even if he had just been allowed into the Reverse World and observed it in silence, it would have been better than getting locked out and simply staring, shocked, into space, reduced to whispering "Ash, Dawn, no," over and over.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
This was a pretty good movie and Giratina is a BAMF. Probably the weakest of the DP movies but still pretty enjoyable. 7.5/10

JudySpell

Banned
Giratina deserved a better movie. Shaymin was annoying in both his forms and the only good bits were the boat ride and glacier scene. 6.5/10

Gillachu

Banned
The Distortion World looked epic and so did Giratina in Altered Form. I didn't care for Shaymin, though. He was a generic cute Legendary mon like Celebi, Mew, etc...

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
As a Platinum version fan, I was happy to finally see Shaymin's and Giratina's new formes in this film. I felt slightly sympathetic to Zero and I liked how Ash's friends sent Gracidea flowers to their families in the end too.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Gah, what a rip-off. When this movie was first teased I thought that Regigigas was going to be a crucial character, but then it turns out that it hardly did anything. This was just a big commercial to hype kids up for Platinum. >__>

Alloutℯ

Banned
This movie ruined Shaymin. It made her all self-centered and impatient, not at all what the Pokedex entries make her seem to be. I still can't figure out how she could talk while in regular forme, but when she went into Sky Forme, all she could say was "Shaymin."

zdbz_sn

I didn't write much about this one at all. Just a few brief thoughts:

You can give the film this - Shaymin is a well-developed character. She’s a little ****, but she’s a fleshed-out little ****. And Giratina was the most impressively presented of the Sinnoh Legendaries. But the human villain here is very dull, and Shaymin’s obnoxiousness makes it damn near impossible to get invested in her conflict or to buy her eventual friendship with Ash. That tearful goodbye is so not earned. On the plus side, wonderful art direction and animation.

I did have some more extensive thoughts on one element: Zero. Some similarities with Lawrence III become obvious immediately - pasty and light-haired, obnoxiously big air ships, as blind to repercussions for screwing with Legendaries as Ash is to girls’ crushes on him. Zero also falls into a solid cliche - that of the mad scientist who thinks doing the Awful Thing is really doing the Good Thing. And Giratina, like Lugia, has issues of discord and imbalance between Legendaries in its plot; in fact, those issues serve as a thread throughout the Sinnoh trilogy.

But within the plot of Giratina, Zero is definitely the prime villain, unlike Lawrence who was merely a catalyst. He has no more depth than Lawrence, but he is much more manic, especially toward the end, and more involved in the action. This is appropriate given his role in the plot, but IMO, Zero is not manic or mad in an entertaining sense, but in a grating one. The dub casting doesn’t help, but even in the writing, Zero is such a limited character, and the bigger issues of worlds out of whack and Giratina agitating for Dialga are so much more interesting, that Zero makes for a weak villain, and ends up dragging the film down.

Last edited: