• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Giratina's house

Desert Flower

Sandstorm Trainer
Note: I was about to post this in the DP forum, then I read the thread about asking questions, and it confused me. What does C/P mean?

So, quick question. What do the numbers on the pillars mean? I realize they're directions of some sort, but I can't seem to figure it out.

EDIT: Okay, I think I got it. The top number just says which pillar it is, first, second, etc. The bottom number says how many rooms it took to reach the pillar. So they're not directions. But I still don't know what C/P means.

I think they're something like coordinates, to help you around through the cave..I never really paid attention to them much, as all I do in there is wander around aimlessly until I find something.

Darkdragonmaster

<<<Isn't It Cute!!!
Yea. you got it right about the co-ordinates.

I'm just wonderin how you get the Spirit CLoth out of there.
Everytime i get 2 a 'treasure' room , all i get are rare bones.

cabman

you need to make it to his room in 3 rooms no more

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
the pillars show the number of rooms you passed, which determines what you'll get at the end.

Sphyxius

there are rooms with pillars in them. you have to visit all of these rooms consecutively and then you'll come to the room with Giratina. if you come to any room with out the pillars with the writing on them and its just full of rock smash rocks... you just ****ed up.

its not random though. the path from the main room through the rooms with the pillars stays the same no matter how many times you screw up. lets say room A has a pillar, and you get to room A by going right from the main room. room B has a pillar and room B is up from room A. lets say you get to room A and go down and have to start over. room B will still be up from room A and room A will be right from the main room. so the right path never changes, its just a lot of trial and error. however, its confusing because any of the random rock smash rock-filled rooms can lead to room A. once you get lost in one of these rooms it is just dumb luck that will get you back into any of the 5 main rooms (room A, B, C, the main room, and Giratina's room)

This may not be 100% accurate but its close... i haven't looked at the guide in a while but i'm pretty sure ^ is the gist of it. Personally, I enjoyed it. not often that a pokemon game as an actual, challenging puzzle :p

Last edited:

Sphyxius

no there is no time limit. you just have to figure out the path through trial and error. however, there are only 30 rooms, so there is a time limit SORT OF. you have to get to giratina before having traveled through all 30 rooms, which means you must find all the rooms with the pillars (there are only 3 and they are numbered... the top number is the number of the pillar and the bottom number is the number of rooms you have been in).

Oh, and i was wrong about finding the rooms consecutively and the paths being the same and all that so scratch my last post :p you just have to find all the pillar rooms before visiting ALL the rooms.

Basically, if you get to a pillar with 1/30 or 2/30 on it, you failed completely. :p
If you get to a pillar with 3/(any number less than 30) then the next room with be Mr. Giratina! :)

Djura

99% chance to hit
So what items are found inside the Turnback Cave other than Rare Bones?