• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Giving Chase at the Rhyhorn Race! (810)

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
Only two people have said this, not everybody and it wasn't even directed at you (only the replies were) so there is no need to get worked up.

The truth is this; right now nobody is right or wrong about the title card until it gets confirmed. I never said it was true, I was simply guessing.

kosthedin

Only two people have said this, not everybody and it wasn't even directed at you (only the replies were) so there is no need to get worked up.

The truth is this; right now nobody is right or wrong about the title card until it gets confirmed. I never said it was true, I was simply guessing.
You're wrong. There is only one answer, and that's that TPCi edited the title card, even though they had access to the original.

You don't "guess" the BS you two have been saying when 4Kids/TPCi made other visual edits, so why the hell are you guessing it now? YOU HAVE NO PROOF. We both know I'm right, so stop trying to feed your lies to others if you can't back it up.

TPCi edited the title card themselves, end of story.

How can anyone actually sit on one and not have the spikes poke them up the butt? XD

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
oh ok i admit my loss, not going to argue about the title card

anyway from what i like from the dub:

first its this one (i'm not sure if i interpret it correctly)
serena : well its because i wanted to see you again but ash you don''t remember me

gives the pouty face to him ( this is something i will never forget from the both of them - (small cute moments)

and the other one
clemont smashing the rock : for the future of science ( very far form the japanese xd)

overall the episode was good prior to the bgm used.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
I was not happy that TPCI changed the Laverre City music and the Snowbelle City music. Oh and I love Bonnie's cute Tyrantrum onesie pyjama.

Also those Rhyhorn really did come off as cute like Bonnie said, this is the second time I viewed a Rhyhorn being as such (the first being Grace's).

Lots of unnecessary anger
I am not going to bother any longer, but I just want you to understand this- There was no need to get all worked up simply because two people said something you didn't agree on, especially when it was in a tolerable way. If we continued to argue I can understand you getting angry, but you did it at the start. Once again; you can disagree without attacking people. Plus they're just title cards, they don't even effect the episodes - So who cares?

Last edited:

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
I am not going to bother any longer, but I just want you to understand this- There was no need to get all worked up simply because two people said something you didn't agree on, especially when it was in a tolerable way. If we continued to argue I can understand you getting angry, but you did it at the start. Once again; you can disagree without attacking people. Plus they're just title cards, they don't even effect the episodes - So who cares?

actually i don't care if the title card got changed or not, as long the episode is nice to watch :)

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
actually i don't care if the title card got changed or not, as long the episode is nice to watch :)
I know, I wasn't including you in it (only one person). Right now nobody is right or wrong about the deal with the title cards.

The only ones who can confirm it are either the Japanese writers or TPCI. That's the fact and everybody here should know it.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I enjoyed this episode. It was nice to get another Rhyhorn episode. I didn't like how Ash scanned Rhyhorn when he's seen a ton of those though.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
I enjoyed this episode. It was nice to get another Rhyhorn episode. I didn't like how Ash scanned Rhyhorn when he's seen a ton of those though.

well it can't be helped, what also i find odd was ash scanning rhyhorn - didn't he encounter a pokemon like that before, what was the use of scanning it again , for checking?

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
well it can't be helped, what also i find odd was ash scanning rhyhorn - didn't he encounter a pokemon like that before, what was the use of scanning it again , for checking?

Why would it matter if he saw it once before? It is not the same pokedex. I would not be shocked if the reason he uses the dex is to get like a checkmark after his journey in the region so he can be like "Oh hey mom I saw this Pokemon while in X region." While Serena can use her dex now unlike BW where only Ash it does make sense for Ash to do it since she has been around that Pokemon species all her life.

Really I never minded the dex part since it changes in games so even if it is a pokemon I know I am fine with it but that is me. I'm much more agasint them explaining attacks that we have seen many times in the same series.

zhixun

I think Citron is somehow reckless in this episode. He should have think a method to open the cage rather than smash the control. The cage opens because he is fortunate in my opinion.

Nice thing to see that Satoshi finally remembers Serena when they were in Kanto. This episode is average because she teaches Satoshi about Sihorn racing quite awkwardly.

edgehead011

this ep oh man the flashback plus this scene

what everyone heard clemont say: for the future of science!

what i heard him say: for the future of ash and serenas ship name!

made it a good episode, altough the laverre city theme was gone, but i guess we'll get it when they go there

It would have been fun if Rhyhorn racing was actually in X and Y.
It looks like it would be fun. :)

Rhyhorn racing sounds like a fun hobby. Serena's mother is pretty cool.

I guess it was nice to learn more about Serena (although it was just a small amount) but I don't find her to be terribly interesting so I wasn't crazy about this episode.

TheGamerBro

Pokemon Master
The thing that l have learnt after all these years of the Pokemon anime is that ash is an absolute chick magnet...

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
He must be the lightest extreme example of a chick magnet because otherwise I really don't see it.
But bruh all the unnecessary, I mean FFS he's 10 shipping stuff out there.