• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Giving Chase at the Rhyhorn Race! (810)

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
I like Serena, I really do. (of course I would say that for just about any rookie trainer)

But I do not think that she has much of a chance with Ash beyond being a friend, simply because the Ash + Misty shippers would never ever allow it! Either way I guess it is nice to have another member officially join the group!

Vernikova

Champion
It was nice to see an episode focused on Serena all things considered. Hopefully they're going to go somewhere with Ryhorn races and not just have her abandon it completely. Totes agree about Team Rocket not having much time here being a good thing, and that's all that needs to be said.

kosthedin

But I do not think that she has much of a chance with Ash beyond being a friend, simply because the Ash + Misty shippers would never ever allow it!
Last I checked, PokéShippers have no say in what happens in the show. So if the writers want to put Ash and Serena together, then it's going to happen whether the PokéShippers like it or not.

Like seriously, do you actually think the writers give a Rattata's behind what the PokéShippers think? Most of the PokéShipping hints are from the 4Kids dub, not the actual JPN version.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm pretty sure Serena's goal was mentioned in this episode along with the last episode, which is to find a goal for her since she isn't sure of what she wants to do yet. The flashbacks were still nice, even better in the dub imo, I liked the subtle amourshipping hints in this episode also. I give it a 9/10, probably the most interesting XY episode that was dubbed so far imo.

Last I checked, PokéShippers have no say in what happens in the show. So if the writers want to put Ash and Serena together, then it's going to happen whether the PokéShippers like it or not.

Like seriously, do you actually think the writers give a Rattata's behind what the PokéShippers think? Most of the PokéShipping hints are from the 4Kids dub, not the actual JPN version.
ikr, I knew something was off when I was older.

Obscurites

I always thought that "Cyllage" is pronounced the same as how it's written (-lage rhymes with sage), turned out the "-lage" sounds similar to "large" instead.

By the way, the dub did the good job conveying dialogues compared with original JP.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I really can't believe that getting on top of a Rhyhorn is that hard. It's mundane made hard for no reason.

Also, Clemont got the best lines.

Clemont: Hey, Ash. Maybe you should start looking for another Pokemon to catch.

Ten episodes later and Ash hasn't caught anything.

Clemont: For the future of science! *Destroys technology, which is part of science*

Lady Umbreon

What I found funny was Ash remembered her as the 'Straw hat girl'. Then again, I don't know if she told him her name at that time. But that was still pretty funny.

~Ayrafeneres~;267;

Yeah, I snorted a little at that one. I've enjoyed the Serena/Ash dynamic because it's realistic. Ash helps so many people that he can't possibly keep them all straight. It would be hilarious if Gary showed up in Kalos and recognized Serena but she didn't remember him.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This was a pretty good episode despite the fact that I had little expectations for it. However, I have to say that I find that Serena is a bit creepy that she keeps thinking of Ash ever since they were younger. Regardless, I feel the bond between Ash and Serena is much stronger than the other girls that traveled with him despite the fact that Serena just joined.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I really liked this episode for what it was worth.

An odd scene about Clemont and Ash regarding the Lumiose Gym. But, I do agree with Clemont that Ash should catch more Pokemon. :p

Ash finally remembers Serena, as the "Straw hat girl", which is pretty silly in a funny sense. The flashback scene was also very sweet. Looking forward to see more if any.

Good development as well for both Ash and Serena, as Serena teaches the basics of Rhyhorn Racing to Ash. Great sense of awareness of what her mother was trying to teach her.

Would have been nice if we did get a full fledged race, but that's what Team Rocket is for: intruding!

Now Serena is part of the gang for good, yay! Longest time for a partner to join, especially. Dang. But at least we got a heartfelt episode.

Vipsoccermaster

Great episode! The friendship between Ash and Serena was great. I'm glad that Serena is now officially part of the gang. Her Fennekin was cool, too.

Also, the flashbacks were interesting. Loved seeing what transpired back then.

R?IDDl3R

ace trainer
XY has really been a fresh breathe... i feel a really good vibe in this season.. black and white was good.. but the feeling and bonding wasnt quite there. i adore bonnie clemont and serena more and this was a really good episode!!

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
So we take a break in this episode with a rhyhorn race and how exciting they are but the interaction between characters intersted me today.

The episode really focused on Serena today. We find out that her goal isn't really set in stone unlike her female companions before her, but I'm ok with that as we are going to see her make that decision on her journey. We learnt that Serena has the rhyhorn racing gene from her mother but also she has a thirst for battling, I wonder if she will raise a rhyhorn?

Good episode. On to the next one!

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
u know what i think i found the english better than the original except for the bgm itself.

wanna lol at clemont when smashing the rock : for the future of science lololololol.

not going to be expecting anything from the next one, i'll probably be looking forward to xy013

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
and also this part

serena : well its because i wanted to see you again but ash you don''t remember me

gives the pouty face to him ( this is something i will never forget from the both of them - (small cute moments)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm really trying to enjoy the dub version of XY, because it's really improved in terms of quality, but the more I see all these subtle changes they make like the BGM and how Ash's face was shown here in the title screen instead of Serena's, it's making it harder and harder for me to enjoy it

I'm really trying to enjoy the dub version of XY, because it's really improved in terms of quality, but the more I see all these subtle changes they make like the BGM and how Ash's face was shown here in the title screen instead of Serena, it's making it harder and harder for me to enjoy it

People need to just get use to the music in the dub, no offense, it's not like the XY music was well recieved. And that could be just a error, I'll look into it.

Edit: It was a dub edit, the episode was more on him anyway. At least it keeps the idea of being forced amour off this episode.

Last edited: