• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Giving each generation the SSBB/SSBU treatment

Nyter

Island Challenger
I was debating whether to post this in the Other Video Game section of the forums or even if in the Super Smash Bros. Thread. I figured it would get lost in all that DLC talk and felt it should have its own thread.

As you know, each SSBU character has 8 color/skin options. But say if those 8 options became one for each generation (1st option: gen 1, 2nd option: gen 2, etc.) Where Pokemon Trainer and Pokemon from that generation were to come into play, what would the roster for each generation's starter Pokemon be for Pokemon trainer be? And why do you choose so? Keep in mind, I believe they would keep it 1st stage, 2nd stage, and final Evo stage Pokemon roster. And disregard any attacks/movesets that come into play.

Well obviously Pokemon Trainer for first generation is Red and his Pokemon chosen were Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Charizard

What would the ones for the other 7 options/generations be?

I am very undecisive about a lot of the other gens but I would be most certain that for the 3rd gen. May would be elected as Pokemon trainer because she seems like the most notable between her and Brendan and her Pokemon would be as follows:

Treeko - Has notoriously been adored by fans and has been recognized notable in the anime and as a sticker in Pokemon Go.
Marshtomp - I find the Mudkip line to be the least highlighted of all three and so throwing in Marshtomp as the 2nd stage Evo makes the most sense
Blaziken - The most Iconic of all 3 3rd gen final Evos. Blaziken would be the obvious choice to fit the role.

You are welcome to differ and contribute for the other generations.

Go nuts!

EDIT: Also disregard the other playable fighters that are also standalone such as Greninja or Incineroar

Rune Knight

This sounds fun. Here are my ideas. i went crazy like you said, but forgive me anyway.

Red/Leaf:
Squirtle - Speed DPS
Ivysaur - Range DPS
Charizard - Heavy Tank

Ethan/Kris/Lyra:
Totodile - Speed DPS
Bayleef - Range DPS
Typhlosion - Heavy Tank

Brendan/May:
Mudkip - Range DPS
Grovyle - Speed Tank
Blaziken - Speed DPS

Lucas/Dawn:
Piplup - Speed DPS
Grotle - Range DPS
Infernape - Speed DPS

Hilbert/Hilda:
Oshawott - Speed DPS
Servine - Range DPS
Emboar - Heavy Tank

Nate/Rosa:
Snivy - Speed DPS
Pignite - Heavy DPS
Samurott - Heavy DPS

Calem/Serena:
Froakie - Speed DPS
Braixen - Range DPS
Chesnaught - Heavy Tank (since Greninja is already its own character)

Elio/Selene:
Rowlet - Speed DPS
Torracat - Speed Tank
Primarina - Range Tank (since Inciniroar is already its own character)

Victor/Gloria:
Grookey - Speed DPS
Drizzile - Speed DPS
Cinderace - Speed DPS

Rei/Akari:
Cyndaquil - Speed DPS
Dewott - Speed DPS
Hisuian Decidueye - Speed Tank

And just for fun and for the sake of having more options.

Chase/Elaine:
Bulbasaur - Range DPS
Charmeleon - Speed Tank
Blastoise - Range Tank

Neighbour

Hi, do you still play here?
That's an interesting topic you brought up, I like it.
I sometimes play Super Smash Bros, it's quite fun to play with the Pokemon Trainer and explore in practice.
I've never had that level of expertise in the game, so I get more information in the latest video guides on thematic resources in the roster.
Learning about such character attributes or non-obvious features of characters is much more important for an awesome player to maintain his status)

Last edited: