• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Giving Missing Type Combinations to Already Existing Pokémon!

Rune Knight

Hello and Happy New Year!

This is just a fun thread not made in an attempt to "fix" the games in any way, but rather just to play around with this idea.

I think it would be fun to see which of the missing type combinations could fit the already existing roster of pokémon from a variety of standpoints.

So since the main idea is to use already existing pokémon the main ground rule will be be not adding or talking about any potential evolutions / regional forms for future games.

For my list, I will also be including types that are exclusive to temporary form changes, mythical and legendries, but not regional variants since they count as standard pokémon that can already be obtained through regular means.

Mainly, I will be going by what is indicated here: https://pokemondb.net/type/unused; note that it includes the Normal/Ghost and Electric/Grass combinations both which have been confirmed for Legends Arceus so I will personally not be including those in my list but you may do so if you wish.

I may also leave a few blank in the event that I cannot come up with a proper pokémon to fit into a certain combination, and I would prefer not to force them so.

So without further ado, here is my list.

Unused Types:

Normal / Ice - Cubchoo and Beartic
Poison / Normal - Nidoran (Female), Nidorina, Nidoran (Male), and Nidorino; Nidoqueen and Nidoking would remain Poison / Ground
Normal / Bug - Ledyba and Ledian
Normal / Steel - Cuffant and Copperajah
Fire / Grass - Sunkern and Sunflora
Fire / Fairy - Vulpix (Kantonian) and Ninetales (Kantonian)
Electric / Fighting - Electivire
Ice / Poison -
Fighting / Ground - Mudbray and Mudsdale
Fighting / Fairy - Gallade
Poison / Steel -
Ground / Fairy -
Bug / Dragon - Vibrava and Flygon; Trapinch would become Bug / Ground
Bug / Dark - Spinarak and Ariados
Rock / Ghost - Yamask (Galarian) and Runerigus
Rock / Normal - Rockruff and Lycanroc

Used by Legendries Only:

Fire / Water -
Fire / Steel - Magmortar
Ice / Dragon - Amaura and Aurorus; Bermite and Avalugg would replace them as the New Ice / Rock Types
Fighting / Rock - Machop, Machoke, and Machamp
Fighting / Ghost -
Psychic / Ghost - Drowzee and Hypno
Psychic / Dragon - Drampa; Dunsparce would become the new Normal / Dragon type

Used by Temporary Form Changes Only:

Fire / Electric - Cinderace
Fire / Ice -
Dragon / Fairy - Altaria

Feel free to share you own lists, thoughts, and opinions as well. Oh, and let me know if I have missed any.

Last edited:

MrJechgo

Normal/Ice: Eiscue
Electric/Fighting: Zeraora
Fire/Water: Octillery
Fire/Fairy: Blacephelon
Bug/Dragon: Yanmega and Naganadel
Ground/Fairy: Granbull

UPDATE
Fighting/Water: Grapploct
Bug/Dark: Ninjask and Accelgor
Rock/Ghost: Stakataka
Poison/Dark: Ekans and Arbok
Normal/Steel: Dubwool
Grass/Flying: Toucannon

Last edited:

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Blissey: Normal/Fairy
Samurott: Water/Rock or Water/Steel
Eevee: Fairy/Normal (Eevelutions would forfeit the Normal typing when evolved using stones, but would retain the Fairy typing.)
Porygon: Normal/Electric

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Fire/Fairy seems way more appropriate for Blacephalon given its personality than Ghost